Lets get started!
How to unbrick your Defy
What do you need!
You need the following:
- Motorola Defy
- RSD Lite (download here: http://goo.gl/KRSRp
- SBF (i reccomend 2.2 CEE Froyo) (download here: http://goo.gl/Jhz84) (for other SBFs use this link: http://goo.gl/dYQTl )
- USB Cable
- Charged battery (at least 50%)
- Motorola USB Drivers (download here: http://goo.gl/bWg1M )
- Download and install USB Drivers
- Download and install RSD Lite
- Turn off your phone
- Go into bootloader by pressing Power button and Vol+ button
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
- Make sure everything is OK
- Locate downloaded SBF. In popup dialog press Uncompress and start flashing
- If you get " Please manually power up this phone " in RSD Lite pull battery out > put your battery back > reboot into stock recovery by holding Power button and Vol- button > Choose Wipe data/cache > Choose Reboot system now
How to repair damaged Dalvik or cache
Use the same method for unbricking your Defy. If you still have problems...do the same procedure again.
How to fix empty battery
If your battery is so empty that you can't even charge it, there are 2 options
Option 1. (McGyver method)
Get a USB cable, cut the off the B plug (the one that plugs into the device) and strip away the shielding, revealing the 4 individual wires inside: White, Green, Red and Black. Red is +5V DC and Black is ground. strip a few (1-2) mm's off each and gently push them into the + and - slots on the battery. Apply some tape to keep them in place, but don't cover the other connectors. Now plug the battery back in, a tight fit, but possible if you've peeled back the shielding and the white and green wires so that only Black and Red are actually being crammed in there with the battery
It should look like this:
Red goes to the + terminal,Black goes to the - terminal
Plug the business end of the newly modded usb cable into your computer.
That's it, your Defy should be alive now
McGyver method found at this thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892026
I was lazy to write the method by my words...so i just copied from that thread....because he wrote it so well
If original author has problems with copyrights, he can PM me and we will sort it out.
Connect Defy to PC via USB cable. Make sure that your PC is powered on. LED in the top left-hand corner should be white coloured. Leave the Defy overnight to charge. In the morning it should be charged a little bit to charge it via normal method
I have not tested McGyver method, but option 2 worked for me (happened to me once)
This is the end of this tutorial. I hope i helped!
Froyo nandroid backup here
Guys I created a prerooted and with cwm installed froyo nandroid backup. Make full restore
IF YOU DO MAKE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!