Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

3G Radio Stability Problem

OP sureloch

3rd January 2011, 05:58 PM   |  #21  
Flag Dewey Beach, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 0

101 posts
More
I live in Southern Delaware and haven't been able to receive a 3G signal yet on T-mobile OR this phone.
Last edited by happycollin26; 3rd January 2011 at 06:11 PM.
7th January 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #22  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2

64 posts
More
I am just about to give up on this phone as I finally have a unit that doesn't lockup all the time but now it will not hold a 3G signal. The only way around this so far has been to lock it to EDGE. Once I did this it seems to not have problems holding a signal but when I turn 3G on it fluctuates between 3G, EDGE, GPRS and no signal all day long.

If I knew that Dell was working on a fix it would be one thing but they seem to be mostly quiet about any issues with the phone so far. Has anyone found a fix other than the various work arounds?
8th May 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #23  
Flag London

91 posts
More
Dslreports.com/stest Speed test result [Mobile browser Speed and Latency test: 800kbps

Mobilespeedtest.com Speed test result: 14545kbps d'loading 5MB (hahaha)

Funny thing is my phone seldom ever says "3G"...it pops up very very rarely, mostly shows the H or nothing at all
9th May 2011, 04:46 AM   |  #24  
Flag Stansbury Park
Thanks Meter: 39

69 posts
Donate to Me
More
Both of those testing sites report that I am connecting at HSPA+ speeds, and are both reporting very closely to each other. So I'm pretty sure that the speeds reported are accurate. With the "BandWidth" App it too had similar results. So there is three different sources saying similar things.

Another thing is, don't consider the "H" a bad thing, it generally means you have an excellent connection and fast internet. See and look for the question that asks what the G, E, 3G, and H icons mean. Most of us don't see that at all, which is an issue with the phone, one I can live with as long as I still get the faster speeds.
9th May 2011, 02:43 PM   |  #25  

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdelphi02

Dslreports.com/stest Speed test result [Mobile browser Speed and Latency test: 800kbps

Mobilespeedtest.com Speed test result: 14545kbps d'loading 5MB (hahaha)

Funny thing is my phone seldom ever says "3G"...it pops up very very rarely, mostly shows the H or nothing at all

You get the H (stands for HSDPA)?

I didn't know that was rolled out by T-Mobile seeing as how I've never seen it in Philadelphia.

Interesting.

Either way that isn't a bad thing. H is the best you can see.
9th May 2011, 11:00 PM   |  #26  
Flag London

91 posts
More
I live in England and i'm not on T-Mobile, i'm on Vodafone (sister network to Verizon, I believe)..

And i only get the H now, not been "3G" for a few weeks now....but internet is fast, no not complaining...

Didn't know H meant 3G or HSDPA....learn something new every day : )
9th May 2011, 11:55 PM   |  #27  

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdelphi02

I live in England and i'm not on T-Mobile, i'm on Vodafone (sister network to Verizon, I believe)..

And i only get the H now, not been "3G" for a few weeks now....but internet is fast, no not complaining...

Didn't know H meant 3G or HSDPA....learn something new every day : )

That explains it. You have the faster HSDPA network that we lack here .

In general you want H over 3G

The icon map is here as well ( http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon...hone-mean.aspx )

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread