5,595,196 Members 45,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has anyone tried a comic viewer?

Tip us?

pyrofool
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Has anyone tried a comic viewer?

I'm on the very edge of getting a Gtab for general use. I currently have an Ideapad s10-3t with windows 7 but its just not setup for tablet use. The main reason I got the ideapad was to read comics. It does this very well but with the extra heft of the 8 cell battery it can get heavy after reading for a while. So, has anyone tried comic reader mobi or droid comic viewer on this thing?

it2steve
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
You REALLY should PM Roebeet on this one if you don't hear from him!! If memory serves correctly that's his bag. He got suckered in and now we all force him to work on development stuff

darkness77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a couple of comics I wanted to read but it was a pain to do on the iphone or touch so they sat for a few years. So last night I used Android Comic Viewer and it worked great. I noticed that it just loads all the comic files which is nice but it crashes or force closes after a bit. If there was a way to only load one at a time maybe that would solve the problem.

pyrofool
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So when I did a search before I made this thread I searched for comic and not Comic. After doing a search for Comic I came up with a couple threads and one which covers my question : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=Comic

Butch1326
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I have been using the ComiXology reader for about 10 days now. I've only used it for free comics so far. I read there were issues trying to use it for paid comics, but some have had success sideloading purchased comics.

The reader works really well. I'm amazed how the graphics come to life...
LG Nitro HD -- Pac-man (AOSP - KitKat 4.4.2)
Two (2) Asus Transformer Primes + Dock -- Hairybean 2.31
Nexus 7 LTE (2013) Stock

Skyydragon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well i'm not Roebeet but I can vouch for ACV or Droid Comic Viewer, works well for me far as most files. I love old school comics like Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" and Howard Chaykin's "The Shadow"(1986 DC Ruled the comic book world). The only issue for me is crappy angled screen viewing, and that is a small issue. I havent tried the others however.

Longsh0t
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I was using Droid Comic Viewer until I started to get a lot of FCs and memory errors on some CBRs. I'm now using JJ Comic viewer and it's opened everything I've thrown at it including the ones that were FCing on Droid Comic Viewer.
Samsung Vibrant - Nero
Asus Transformer - Stock!
My Gingerbread Style Icons - Click Here

pyrofool
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can you open .cbr or .cbz files in comixology? I downloaded it to my phone but didn't see an option to do that. Also does ACV or the other apps support rotating the comic?(not the app, the actual comic in the app).

Butch1326
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrofool View Post
Can you open .cbr or .cbz files in comixology? I downloaded it to my phone but didn't see an option to do that. Also does ACV or the other apps support rotating the comic?(not the app, the actual comic in the app).
I believe the ComiXology viewer only supports comics books downloaded/purchased through their site. I haven't purchased any comic books from their site to date. Many free comics are offered each week.
LG Nitro HD -- Pac-man (AOSP - KitKat 4.4.2)
Two (2) Asus Transformer Primes + Dock -- Hairybean 2.31
Nexus 7 LTE (2013) Stock

scottishwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Mobi comic reader works well. Just tried the android comic viewer and I like it also.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b4 using Tapatalk