Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Has anyone tried a comic viewer?

OP pyrofool

29th December 2010, 08:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
More
I'm on the very edge of getting a Gtab for general use. I currently have an Ideapad s10-3t with windows 7 but its just not setup for tablet use. The main reason I got the ideapad was to read comics. It does this very well but with the extra heft of the 8 cell battery it can get heavy after reading for a while. So, has anyone tried comic reader mobi or droid comic viewer on this thing?
29th December 2010, 08:46 PM   |  #2  
DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 132

701 posts
Donate to Me
You REALLY should PM Roebeet on this one if you don't hear from him!! If memory serves correctly that's his bag. He got suckered in and now we all force him to work on development stuff
29th December 2010, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
I have a couple of comics I wanted to read but it was a pain to do on the iphone or touch so they sat for a few years. So last night I used Android Comic Viewer and it worked great. I noticed that it just loads all the comic files which is nice but it crashes or force closes after a bit. If there was a way to only load one at a time maybe that would solve the problem.
29th December 2010, 09:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

33 posts
More
So when I did a search before I made this thread I searched for comic and not Comic. After doing a search for Comic I came up with a couple threads and one which covers my question : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=Comic
29th December 2010, 09:40 PM   |  #5  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 46

271 posts
I have been using the ComiXology reader for about 10 days now. I've only used it for free comics so far. I read there were issues trying to use it for paid comics, but some have had success sideloading purchased comics.

The reader works really well. I'm amazed how the graphics come to life...
29th December 2010, 09:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Milwaukee,WI

37 posts
More
Well i'm not Roebeet but I can vouch for ACV or Droid Comic Viewer, works well for me far as most files. I love old school comics like Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" and Howard Chaykin's "The Shadow"(1986 DC Ruled the comic book world). The only issue for me is crappy angled screen viewing, and that is a small issue. I havent tried the others however.
29th December 2010, 09:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 113

147 posts
I was using Droid Comic Viewer until I started to get a lot of FCs and memory errors on some CBRs. I'm now using JJ Comic viewer and it's opened everything I've thrown at it including the ones that were FCing on Droid Comic Viewer.
29th December 2010, 09:46 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Can you open .cbr or .cbz files in comixology? I downloaded it to my phone but didn't see an option to do that. Also does ACV or the other apps support rotating the comic?(not the app, the actual comic in the app).
29th December 2010, 10:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 46

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrofool

Can you open .cbr or .cbz files in comixology? I downloaded it to my phone but didn't see an option to do that. Also does ACV or the other apps support rotating the comic?(not the app, the actual comic in the app).

I believe the ComiXology viewer only supports comics books downloaded/purchased through their site. I haven't purchased any comic books from their site to date. Many free comics are offered each week.
29th December 2010, 10:03 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 27

117 posts
Mobi comic reader works well. Just tried the android comic viewer and I like it also.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b4 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread