[MOD] Shutdown PNG files & Sounds... Including the tv shutdown Animation

Search This thread

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
These will replace the screen you see when powering off your phone... Feel free to add to the list...

They go in system/media/video/shutdown/
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17161099/Shutdown PNG/Android Goodbye/shutdown_1.png
shutdown_1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17161099/Shutdown PNG/superman/shutdown_1.png
shutdown_1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17161099/Shutdown PNG/red eye/shutdown_1.png
shutdown_1.png

This is the Gingerbread tv shutdown animation download this and unzip it, then copy all files into the media/video/shutdown folder (they have to be unzipped!!!!)
shutdown_5.png

Shut down mp3's..

To Download right click the link and click save link as or you can see what they sound like by simply clicking the link

Place them here /system/media/audio/ui/0405_PowerOff.mp3

TV SHUTDOWN

Female Voice saying shutting down

Weird Noise

Sound Effect

Whirl

Error Sound

Don't Deactivate ME

Iron Man

Sound

Sound

Dying Phone

Rasberry

Rewind

If you're looking for Bootanimations & PowerOn Sounds then click HERE

Last edited:

chidesd

Nov 21, 2010
have to upzip its a file with 40 or 50 png files. tested on my phone looks kinda cool. would of uploaded just the folder but RS would upload it for some reason. just place the upziped folder in the right folder and it plays out like a video as u shut down

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
The way it actually works is that you have multiple files ending in numbers, similar to if you were doing a boot logo. Only instead of them being inside a zip that you place somewhere, you put them all in /system/media/video/shutdown. They have to be named shutdown_x.png and the animation will stop after 50 or so frames even if there are more pictures.

Hope I helped.

Reactions: elijahblake

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
The way it actually works is that you have multiple files ending in numbers, similar to if you were doing a boot logo. Only instead of them being inside a zip that you place somewhere, you put them all in /system/media/video/shutdown. They have to be named shutdown_x.png and the animation will stop after 50 or so frames even if there are more pictures.

Hope I helped.

yeah thanks

jnuts5423

Sep 23, 2008
Illinois
i must be missing somethin super simple. im fairly new to the game, but it wont let move it into the shutdown folder, as there is already a shutdown_1.png there. and i cant delete, rename, move, or even change the permissions of that 1, cause it says the file system is read only. Im using root explorer, and ive changed the permissions before even putting it in there? suggestion?

Edit**** i figured out the mount R/O button at the top can change, and that enabled me to change permissions and move system files around. But still cant get it to change the shutdown animation. Im still getting the stock US cell shutdown screen. i put it in /system/media/video/shutdown as directed, but cant get it to take.

I noticed the read write and execute text is different than the rest of the files in the shutdown folder below. is this my problem? what should the options be, cause i got everything checked. Edit again** not that, i changed it to match the rest, and still got nothing. (ill remove the screen shot to keep thread clean)

snap20110103233519.png

Last edited:

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
I can't get this to work either... I've been able to change just the single png file for the shutdown, but I can't use the animated png folder... I really haven't tried but once and gave up..

I did convert the droid pissing on apple to a bootanimation.zip:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=880991

i figured out what I was doing wrong... I moved the shutdown folder inside the other shutdown folder... I should've just renamed the orignal shutdown folder shutdown (2) and then moved the shutdown folder containing this animation into it's place, but I just deleted everything before I thought of that haha..

Malicah

Jan 10, 2011
Knoxville
I have been trying to get the animation one to work, I'm using root explorer to transfer the files. When I copy the folder off my SD card, it copies the files, but renames them starting with Shutdown_32.png and automatically brings back the original shutdown_1 thru 31 files. Even if I delete those and attempt to rename the modified ones back to Shutdown_1 and so on..... they automatically change the image back to the original U.S. Cellular shutdown images. It makes no sense, any suggestions guys?

Edit: I believe the icons just aren't updating in Root Explorer, cause they seem to transfer fine in Astro. Unfortunately it still doesnt work though, it just shows a blank screen on power down now =(

FIXED: I just had to change the permission for the pictures (a long process, but it works now!)

Last edited:

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
you wouldnt by chance have the tv shutdown sound, and if you do could you post it and tell me where it goes...thanks and keep up the nice work...btw the tv shutdown works like a charm:D

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks dude, you rock. just wish we could have that as a lock animation xD

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
Thanks dude, you rock. just wish we could have that as a lock animation xD

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

yeah I spoke to Phidelt82 about doing this mod and he said it would be VERY hard and probably a battery drain...

If you can't live without it, you may could buy him some BEER and get him to work on it for you though ;) (it's way beyond my knowledge level)

Top Liked Posts