(I tested it and it works )
Happy XMAS :
Go and get your WM7 or Android goldcard for free :
Link to the goldcard generator
In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an Host USB Cable (Developer Y-Cable) and connect a sdcard reader to it.
For those who do not understand how to use the goldcard :
- Use any sdcard and a wm5 or android device to make the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid using WM7)
- Buy a Mini USB On the go Y-Cable like this one :
Also buy a converter from standard usb to micro usb.
OR build a usb otg host cable by yourself.
- Get an external usb sdcard reader
- Connect the cable this way : Phone is connected to 1x usb sdcard reader and 1x usb port for power.
Then you can use your newly generated goldcard for flashing any HTC OEM Rom
i have successfuly unbrand my vodafone trophy using my htc HD2 as disk drive and GoldCardTool.
Here simple schematic and tool to unbrand all htc 7 Device with any device detected as usb mass storage.
this also work with a windows mobile device or a card reader.
1-Found the CID of your card.
insert your micro sd into an android device (i've do this on hd2)
connect it to your computer as disk drive with usb debug on
then press get cid into Gold Card Tool.exe
we need reversing CID to create img .
go to the link provide by Gold Card Tool.
add your mail, the CID and select Windows mobile 7
Press the Generate button
the goldcard.img is send to your mail box.
Load it to Gold Card Tool
select your android storage letter & press patch MMC.
3-Found HTC original Rom for your Device
Extract exe with winrar then rename Ruu_signed.nbh
-Sparimg.nbh for Trophy
-SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
- MONDIMG.nbh for Mondrian
- MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart
copy it to your freshly created goldcard.
4-connect usb cable except the one for the wp7
boot your device into usb host mode(volume down + camera on Trophy)
and connect the last usb cable.
the screen of your wp7 look like this if all work.
with this you can flash official HTC rom on your Vodafone ,O2,Orange...operator device.
i have also flash Spl from official rom to my vodafone Trophy by this way but always a vendor id error with the official updater!!
i'm searching why!
tested on Trophy,hd7,Mozart,HTC Surround.
thx viperbjk for the original thread.
To get your CID you need a wm 6.* phone and PSAS http://psas.revskills.de/
1) format your sd-card (fat32 and not bigger then 1GB) and put it in a wm6.* phone and sync it with the pc.
2) Install PSAS and run as admin.
3) goto calculators/generators
4) goto select a device key (pick any)
5) hit the "get sd card serial from WINCE device"
6) copy the generated key and paste it in "SD Card Serial (CID): *"on the goldcard generator web-page.
If you buy the software you can make your goldcards yourself http://psas.revskills.de/?q=payment
Just to clear things up :
1. The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Gold and Schubert.
2. Connect the y-cable with sdcard reader and inserted goldcard, connect power usb to notebook or charger.
3. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode.
If you haven't got a y-cable (otg), you can build it by yourself, see attachment.