XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any cases out there to accommodate an extended battery

Tip us?

mikeschevelle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Default Any cases out there to accommodate an extended battery

Would like to upgrade to a 3500 but will not sacrifice the protection my active x case gives me.

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 475
Extra 5mm of battery is better protection than any case. No case will work with the extended battery. The market is too small. There is talk that one would be released thats compatible with the 2800 Yoobao battery, which is the exact same size as the 3500, but that is all talk at this point.

TWO515TY
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschevelle View Post
Would like to upgrade to a 3500 but will not sacrifice the protection my active x case gives me.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm torn because I can't imagine going without a case, but it seems like we have no options at all. I emailed Seidio about a case for their extended battery and this was their reply:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline. Sorry we currently have no development plans for a case that would be compatible with the Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery.

Your business and continued satisfaction is of great importance to us here at Seidioonline Customer Service, so feel free to contact us at (832) 204-1118 with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Seidioonline Technical Support
I emailed the eBay seller of the 2800 mAh battery and he said:

Quote:
Sorry, it should say February 1. The case will be a TPU (a harder rubberized version that is rigid yet flexible). The material is pretty nice. It will go over the phone and the door. I will offer a combo deal, but for former customers they can get the same price separately.

Kevin
So come February, we should be able to get the 2800 or 3500 mAh battery and get a case for it... however I was hoping for a Seidio case - I much prefer their battery door (or if I could just purchase the battery door separately that would work too), especially since it looks like it would still work with their holster. The battery door that comes with the 2800 and 3500 mAh batteries don't look like they'll fit in the Seidio holster.

mikeschevelle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
I guess since they come with new back doors, I really just want something to protect the front. The Active X case is pretty big so maybe I can find a thinner case to just use the top on

JettMartinez
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschevelle View Post
For what it's worth I left the front portion of my Seido case on (around the screen) and just hope the extended battery case protects the back side. It doesn't make it the sleekest looking device in the world, but I figure a little protection around the screen is better than nothing.

TWO515TY
Old
Thanks Meter 24
The Epic is truly the red-headed step child of Sprint phones - no Froyo and no Seidio case for extended batteries - the EVO has both smh.

mikeschevelle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO515TY View Post
The Epic is truly the red-headed step child of Sprint phones - no Froyo and no Seidio case for extended batteries - the EVO has both smh.
guess thats why its $50 more

AndroidMilos
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This case works perfect with an extended battery. I bought two of them. Lots of padding. Great price. Find them on Android Central. I use one for my Epic 4G with the 3500 battery and the other one I use for my Nexus S.
I cut the loops off as I would rather have those cases in my pockets rather than dangling outside.

Golla Hasty Smart Bag for Samsung Epic 4G
Other Samsung Epic 4G accessories by Golla

mikeschevelle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidMilos View Post
This case works perfect with an extended battery. I bought two of them. Lots of padding. Great price. Find them on Android Central. I use one for my Epic 4G with the 3500 battery and the other one I use for my Nexus S.
I cut the loops off as I would rather have those cases in my pockets rather than dangling outside.

Golla Hasty Smart Bag for Samsung Epic 4G
Other Samsung Epic 4G accessories by Golla
I was more looking for a housing, not a purse for my phone LOL

rapatelrocky
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You may want to check the Reiko "New Fashionable Leather Horizontal Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case with Belt" - which direct from Reiko on Amazon is now very cheap compared to the price I paid. I use it with the extended battery - barely fits and have to put the screen towards the outside to get it to stay closed (magentic, so doesn't snap close, but since phone is tightly in there, it works out well to remove quickly).

Really designed as a belt clip case (horizontal) and works well that way..