Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Extended life eBay 2800mah Epic / Captivate batteries now selling

OP evoic

31st December 2010, 06:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

171 posts
More
Search: "Sprint Epic 4G AT&T Samsung Captivate Extended Battery"

It says that the seller is shipping from Texas and the batteries are from China (of course) and that they will soon have additional case models for the pregnant battery.

Interesting.

Someone be a guinea pig ! !
31st December 2010, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Champaign, IL

626 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Includes the battery and door !
3rd January 2011, 07:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bothell, Wa
Thanks Meter: 82

427 posts
More
I don't see how that would work on a captivate...
4th January 2011, 02:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Champaign, IL

626 posts
Donate to Me
More
The actual one for the Captivate doesn't go on sale till the 15th of January. The guy selling them has one on his testing it out right now. It doesn't look like the pictured ones.
4th January 2011, 04:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 27

633 posts
More
You have to be careful with these low cost chinese batteries. I got burned when I bought an extended life battery for my acer laptop. Acer wanted $150 for an 8 cell battery but found one on ebay for $65. So I jumped all over it. It charged fine and worked great...one time. The first time I used it I got like 4.5-5 hours on one charge which was correct as I got about 2 hours on the 4 cell stock battery. But the battery only lasted for about 4 or 5 charge cycles and by 10-15 charge cycles it wont even last 1 hour. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for.
5th January 2011, 11:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek4484

You have to be careful with these low cost chinese batteries. I got burned when I bought an extended life battery for my acer laptop. Acer wanted $150 for an 8 cell battery but found one on ebay for $65. So I jumped all over it. It charged fine and worked great...one time. The first time I used it I got like 4.5-5 hours on one charge which was correct as I got about 2 hours on the 4 cell stock battery. But the battery only lasted for about 4 or 5 charge cycles and by 10-15 charge cycles it wont even last 1 hour. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for.

5th January 2011, 11:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
It is listed as shipping now. Any volunteers?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread