Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Roto JME Pre-Rooted Firmware v4 [Jan 9, 2011]

Tip us?

rotohammer
Old
(Last edited by rotohammer; 10th January 2011 at 12:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1066
Default [ROM] Roto JME Pre-Rooted Firmware v4 [Jan 9, 2011]

Ok, I finished rooting/packaging JME for yous guys.

If you want to install ClockWorkMod, use CF-Root as its tested to work with Roto-JME and it does not change your filesystem format!
Get it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...43&postcount=1
Flash CF-Root after Roto-JME has completed its installation rebooting and you test that Roto-JME is working ok.

These firmwares are for any GSM Tab, whether you have protected bootloaders or not. They don't contain and won't install protected bootloaders either.

All the files are here:
http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-...otohammer/JME/

Please backup your apps and settings with Titanium Backup from the market.
Write down ALL your current APN settings in Settings/Wireless/Mobile/Access Point Names/, the one with the green dot next to it. There is 14 settings in all.

New Jan 9, 2011 Roto-JME-v4
Fixes:
  • Full landscape Swype
  • OpenVPN works with CF-Root
  • Diodict FC fix
  • added car home
  • added all language locales
  • full version wipes sdcard
  • slipped Program Monitor widget back in
Code:
619fc4b3cb21ebd9cce0ca2dc827d8e1  Roto-JME-Full-v4.zip
a945da9d28945132de1f509d1a1ee51b  Roto-JME-Upgrade-v4.zip
From the feedback I've got so far, if you run a stock or JJx version firmware, you must flash the Full firmware with the pit file. If you have any JMx firmware currently, then you can flash the Upgrade firmware without the pit file.

New Jan 8, 2011 Roto-JME-v3
Version 3 is a different direction. Stock gallery is back, along with all the other apps that everyone missed.
Files removed:
  • Maps
  • install_flash_player
  • Gmail
  • StreetView
  • Zinio
  • Kobo
  • PressReader
Files Added:
  • AppWidgetPicker
  • Ebook
  • cifs.ko
  • slow-work.ko
  • tun.ko
  • module loader script
  • perf tweaks
The new downloads:
  • Roto-JME-Upgrade-v3.zip: Upgrades your existing firmware to JME. Try this first.
  • Roto-JME-Full-v3.zip: This package wipes your data and apps.
  • Addon-JME-Modem.zip: modem P1000XXJMA (big deal, from early December)
I recommend you wipe your Dalvik cache if you get any fc's after startup. Heres how:
Code:
adb shell su -c "rm /data/dalvik-cache/* && reboot"
New Jan 1, 2011
The following 2 firmwares are a start on the way to a custom rom. I removed several stock apps to make room for the Gallery3D app that doesn't consume 100% cpu (but instead fc's on remounting sdcard), and added the Ebook reader from the hidden.tar.
Files removed:
  • DailyBriefing
  • SamsungWidget_WeatherClock
  • Maps
  • install_flash_player
  • Gmail
  • ClockDateWeatherWidget
  • ClockAndWeatherWidget
  • Gallery3D

The new downloads:
  • Roto-JME-Upgrade-v2.zip
  • Roto-JME-FmtIntSD-v2.zip

If you already flashed Roto-JME (upgrade or full), just re-flash with the Roto-JME-Upgrade-v2.tar to get the new apps and not loose any settings.
(other than the home screen, but you can restore that from Titanium Backup right?)

The best option is to backup all your data/apps, flash Roto-JME-FmtIntSD.tar with the PDA button and partition with P1_add_hidden.pit. Flash the Addon-JME-Modem with the Phone button as well, or some other modem of your choice, as its going to be erased due to partitioning. Thats a nice clean setup, guaranteed to work the best

Use the upgrade if you already have a lot of apps installed and you feel lucky. Don't use the pit file with the upgrade firmware. Worst case is you flash the whole enchilada later. Backup your data anyways before hand.
Flash using Odin, using PDA button for any file you flash. If you need/want to flash the addons too, use the PHONE and CSC buttons, they all do the same thing.

Note: Anyone who flashed a previous Roto-JME-Upgrade.tar and now wants the *#1234# to show the correct values, just re-download/re-flash this file and you'll be fixed.

Simple how-to guide here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=895827
-Rotohammer
T879 Note on T-Mobile
Do not quote my entire first post in a reply!
The Following 160 Users Say Thank You to rotohammer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZoinksS2k
Old
Thanks Meter 46
To get the customary question out of the way, by "everyone," you mean all carriers and locations can use this package?
HTC EVO | Samsung Captivate | Motorola Atrix | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Galaxy S II | Samsung Galaxy S III | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Xperia Z1 6902
VS Gtab | iPAD | Samsung Tab | iPAD 2 | Motorola Xoom | Samsung Tab 10.1 Wifi | Samsung Tab 10.1 LTE | Google Nexus 10 | Xperia Tablet Z

Loccy
Old
Thanks Meter 82
You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man.

I don't have the thanks button (I run the classic theme) but consider yourself thanked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loccy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rotohammer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoinksS2k View Post
To get the customary question out of the way, by "everyone," you mean all carriers and locations can use this package?
I was referring to the bootloaders, but, these firmwares are for any GSM Tab.
-Rotohammer
T879 Note on T-Mobile
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rotohammer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ianandamy
Old
(Last edited by ianandamy; 31st December 2010 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 158
Is this fast like jmc? I read some people complaining about lag with flash in this rom? Differences youvee seen vs jmc please. Thanks. Anyway to build these to flash through clockworkmod? To streamline the way to do it? I am on the edge of returning my tab i feel the lag is causrd by the increased resolution and the processor is loaded trying to keep up. Maybe im wrong. I am currently stock with root and oclf installed. I was going to try roto-jmc tonight before making up my mind. I still have hope for this tab after seeing nero v3 on wifes vibrant its blazing fast.
Lovin' every min of AnDROID-> After all that Windows crap for years!

Special thanks to Unofficial Jellybam ROM dev root box gn2- Infinity Roms, Clockwork Mod, Paul @ Modaco, Emother, Team Whiskey, Koush, Blades and all the rest of you that make my phones great! God Bless you!

rotohammer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianandamy View Post
Is this fast like jmc? I read some people complaining about lag with flash in this rom? Differences youvee seen vs jmc please. Thanks. Anyway to build these to flash through clockworkmod? To streamline the way to do it? I am on the edge of returning my tab i feel the lag is causrd by the increased resolution and the processor is loaded trying to keep up. Maybe im wrong. I am currently stock with root and oclf installed. I was going to try roto-jmc tonight before making up my mind. I still have hope for this tab after seeing nero v3 on wifes vibrant its blazing fast.
ClockworkMod only works with a stock firmware at the moment. Flashing with Odin is pretty easy though. Just like all the past Android phone, things start off sluggish but as more developers jump onboard, device performance increases. JME feels the best to me so far.

Someone like you could give us a better review of JME since you strongly know what you dislike about stock.
-Rotohammer
T879 Note on T-Mobile
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rotohammer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Davybskee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Roto you are the man!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Davybskee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gadgetuk99
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thanks roto...did upgrade from JMC to JME plus the cashe...so now got all samsung apps..not just the 2 like many reported....seems fine at present...so hopefully stay that way...
Thanks again roto..

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gadgetuk99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

caveman999
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I've been using JME for about one hour now and I wanted to post my first impressions. It is definitely snappier than JMC, but other than that I have not found any other advantages. Still no Samsung boot logo (not a big deal), but I am glad that I upgraded.

kris
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hey Roto, just want to say thanks for all the awesome work you do for our Galaxy Tabs. You've made my experience that much more enjoyable. I would like to know if it is safe to flash your JME update package over the JM6 firmware I have now or do I need to flash something else first before I do JME.