5,604,686 Members 36,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] unrevoked3 v3.31 (with support for new HBOOT, now with amend scripting!)

Tip us?

joshua_
Old
(Last edited by joshua_; 3rd January 2011 at 07:31 AM.) Reason: 3.31
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Arrow [ROOT] unrevoked3 v3.31 (with support for new HBOOT, now with amend scripting!)

Hi!

On behalf of the unrevoked team, we're proud to announce the new release of unrevoked -- version 3.3. This version adds support for HBOOT 2.02 and 2.10, and also adds support for the new OTA, 3.70.651.1.

You can get it at our site, http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/ .

New in this release is ClockworkMod 3.0.0.2. We and Koush have been working hard on getting ClockworkMod all set and safe on EVO 4G; ClockworkMod is now using the latest EVO 4G kernel, for one, and now has nandroid options to back up your WiMAX keys. It also encodes your phone's serial number in the WiMAX backup, which greatly reduces the risk of restoring the wrong WiMAX image to the wrong phone. Please try it out!

We'll be watching this thread off and on. There are a few known glitches; carefully read the frequently asked questions in the "More Info" section, linked from the page above.

Thanks for everyone's support and assistance -- and have a happy new year!

joshua
unrevoked

UPDATE:
I just pushed out 3.31, which fixes a bunch of small issues that people were having, and backs down to Clockwork 2.6.0.1. This adds support for Amend scripting back in, but keeps all the good changes from 3.0.0.2 -- WiMAX backup, and the new kernel with support for new hboot partitions. I tested this pretty thoroughly -- I fully erased my WiMAX partition with erase_image wimax (don't try this at home!), and then restored it from a backup I took with Clockwork 2.6.0.1. My keys were intact, and my 4G still works. More detail about the changes can be found in the changelog. Thanks!
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to joshua_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phillysphinest1
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You guys are the best!!!!!!!!

zikronix
Old
(Last edited by zikronix; 1st January 2011 at 01:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 206

DONATE TO ME
so im guessing you fixed the recovery. because in my testing with the new version of cw...on older hardware with the new hboot it wouldnt back up squat...and there have been reports of people noting being able to flash things with the new version on new hardware or not being able to boot.

thanks for the hardwork
BUY ME BEER IF YOU LIKE MY STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmx View Post
Hi OP. Where can I download the project you are developing?
The Following User Says Thank You to zikronix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdub1911
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet! will be trying this on my new EVO tonight... will update how it goes.

Thanks guys for the hard work!

AGeleff
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is great news.

I'm going to hold off on doing anything for now until the flashing issues are completely figured out and there is a solid 3.2 build out.

Thanks for all of your hard work guys.

bkrodgers
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Is the new version setup to install the old 2.5 version of Clockwork if you use it against an older partition structure? Word is that Clockwork 3.0.0.2 is not backwards compatible with the old partition structure.

zikronix
Old
Thanks Meter 206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
Is the new version setup to install the old 2.5 version of Clockwork if you use it against an older partition structure? Word is that Clockwork 3.0.0.2 is not backwards compatible with the old partition structure.
didnt work in my testing...but i am just one person. all though i got the same results across 3 evo's two old 0003 and one newer 0003 (with the new camera)
BUY ME BEER IF YOU LIKE MY STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmx View Post
Hi OP. Where can I download the project you are developing?

IzzyIsaac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Soooooo stoked for this!!!

evolishesh
Old
Thanks Meter 129
VERY NICE!!!!

evohog
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quick question, I don't have 4g in my area yet so I haven't gotten 4g connected yet. So should I flash the new wimax radio and start my new restorations from there or just leave it as is and keep my old backups along with whichever new ones I create?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Moment,EVO 4G,EPIC 4G,NEXUS 4G,DDD-EVO,epic touch Amaze,Galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, s3, note, note 2, nexus 4, htc one x,HTC one, s4, nexus 5.

Tags
hboot 2.02, hboot 2.10, root, unrevoked