Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Titanium Backup Files Location

Tip us?

Guitar4Him
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Titanium Backup Files Location

I have a Galaxy Tab (T-Mobile version). The file locations on this version are somewhat different than most other Android devices. Specifically, the internal memory is partitioned into a system/user area and an area that it identifies as "sdcard". I have an external micro SD card and it is identified as a folder on "sdcard" called "external_sd". By default, Titanium Backup places the backup files on the SD card. Unfortunately, on these T-Mobile Tabs, that means that the backup files are actually located on the internal memory. I would really prefer to have the files located on the external SD card. I can't find any settings in TB to change the location of the backup files. The only alternative I can see would be to manually copy the files from the "sdcard" to the "external_sd".

Thoughts...opinions?

Ken

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Just change the backup folder in Titanium to external_sd/TitaniumBackup.

Regards,

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to foxmeister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Guitar4Him
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeister View Post
Just change the backup folder in Titanium to external_sd/TitaniumBackup.

Regards,

Dave
Duh.....I can't believe I stared at this issue for as long as I did and didn't realize this. I was trying to find some setting in TB that would allow a change to the External storage location (which can't be changed), not realizing that I could achieve that using a full path name for the Backup directory (which can be changed).

Thanks!

Ken

Reverendc
Old
(Last edited by Reverendc; 7th May 2011 at 08:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
oops, wrong forum