Post Reply

UrukDroid 1.6 (Android) on ext4, full r/w access, su (root), SDE

2nd January 2011, 03:21 PM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by guygox

Hi, thanks for howto.
Can we keep the superuser mode explained in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...880321&page=13 And use your method (in case i forgot m'y sd card And need root access)

No, that guide and this one both install a Developer Mode kernel/initramfs and as I understand it you can only have one Developer Mode kernel/initramfs installed at a time. However it might be possible for someone to make a boot menu that lets you choose what kernel/initramfs to run (which would be cool - I'd like to dual boot Android from SD and Angstrom)
2nd January 2011, 03:25 PM   |  #22  
$aur0n's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 499
 
1,453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by guygox

Hi, thanks for howto.
Can we keep the superuser mode explained in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...880321&page=13 And use your method (in case i forgot m'y sd card And need root access)

It's not impossible, since there can be the same kernel for both cases - but there is needed some user interaction on initrd level (some buttons checks etc.) - like for me it's useless options for this kind of second boot, but for booting argnstrom/mameo - it would be worth to work on it.
2nd January 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
installation went fine, booting up works, but SU doesn't

su in terminal says "permission denied", programs requiring root don't prompt for su access

any hints?
2nd January 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #24  
$aur0n's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 499
 
1,453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by haccg

installation went fine, booting up works, but SU doesn't
su in terminal says "permission denied", programs requiring root don't prompt for su access
any hints?

Are you sure you have booted "Development mode"? To be certain check "df -h" on terminal (this does not required root) and see if /dev/mmcblk2p1 is mounted as / (second mount from top).
And/or check if in /system/bin/ is "su" command and if in /system/app/ is superuser.apk.
Code:
/ # ls -l /system/bin/su
-rwsr-sr-x    1 root     root        26264 Dec 22 13:08 /system/bin/su
/ # ls -l /system/app/superuser.apk 
-rwsr-sr-x    1 root     root       196521 Dec 22 13:08 /system/app/superuser.apk
Last edited by $aur0n; 2nd January 2011 at 08:16 PM.
2nd January 2011, 08:34 PM   |  #25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
I am in developer Mode. Sdcard is mounted properly.
$df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p2 118.2M 81.3M 30.8M 72% /mnt/system
/dev/mmcblk2p1 484.2M 159.9M 299.4M 35% /
tmpfs 118.9M 12.0k 118.9M 0% /dev
tmpfs 118.9M 0 118.9M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 118.9M 188.0k 118.7M 0% /tmp
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 31.8M 11.9M 19.8M 38% /mnt/rawfs
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 118.2M 81.3M 30.8M 72% /mnt/system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 29.6M 3.8M 24.2M 14% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 299.4M 216.0M 68.0M 76% /data
tmpfs 118.9M 4.0k 118.9M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/block/vold/179:9
6.9G 1.3G 5.6G 19% /mnt/storage
df: /mnt/secure/asec: Permission denied

Output for su search:

$ls -l /system/bin/su
-rwxr-xr-x 1 999 999 26264 Dec 22 13:08 /system/bin/su
$ls -l /system/app/superuser.apk
-rwxr-xr-x 1 999 999 196521 Dec 22 13:08 /system/app/superuser.apk
$
2nd January 2011, 08:46 PM   |  #26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haccg

I am in developer Mode. Sdcard is mounted properly.
$df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p2 118.2M 81.3M 30.8M 72% /mnt/system
/dev/mmcblk2p1 484.2M 159.9M 299.4M 35% /
tmpfs 118.9M 12.0k 118.9M 0% /dev
tmpfs 118.9M 0 118.9M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 118.9M 188.0k 118.7M 0% /tmp
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 31.8M 11.9M 19.8M 38% /mnt/rawfs
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 118.2M 81.3M 30.8M 72% /mnt/system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 29.6M 3.8M 24.2M 14% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 299.4M 216.0M 68.0M 76% /data
tmpfs 118.9M 4.0k 118.9M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/block/vold/179:9
6.9G 1.3G 5.6G 19% /mnt/storage
df: /mnt/secure/asec: Permission denied

Output for su search:

$ls -l /system/bin/su
-rwxr-xr-x 1 999 999 26264 Dec 22 13:08 /system/bin/su
$ls -l /system/app/superuser.apk
-rwxr-xr-x 1 999 999 196521 Dec 22 13:08 /system/app/superuser.apk
$

I am in the same situation, except for su and superuser.apk which are owned by root, and su also give me permission denied without launching superuser request.
Last edited by masterbox; 2nd January 2011 at 09:13 PM.
2nd January 2011, 09:57 PM   |  #27  
$aur0n's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 499
 
1,453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbox

I am in the same situation, except for su and superuser.apk which are owned by root, and su also give me permission denied without launching superuser request.

You both have probably "untar'ed" it not as root - and the "+s" flag has not been set up. Or on Linux box change right to those two files, or once again untar it from root account.

Code:
chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
chmod 755 /system/app/superuser.apk
ps. Since I haven't wrote it explicite, it should be from root account - I've corrected this in howto.
2nd January 2011, 10:38 PM   |  #28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
used a live cd and untared without root. that must be the problem!

thanks for your help
2nd January 2011, 11:36 PM   |  #29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Yep untared without root, will correct it, thanks!

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk
3rd January 2011, 12:00 AM   |  #30  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Confirm working, thanks!

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
archos, ext4, gen8, root, urukdroid
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes