Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Are you interested in testing and feedbacking for MeeGo on your HD2 ?
Yes ! 378 90.65%
No ! 39 9.35%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[Oct 31]Steve's MeeGo on HD2 Updates .

OP Marvlesz

1st January 2011, 02:54 PM   |  #1  
Marvlesz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Hi,

This thread is now for MeeGo's Status, It'll be updated as soon as anything new comes up. (If you have any updates please post them here along with the source link) and I'll update the OP.

Please thank Steve (Strougthonsmith) as well as DFT for the great time they're spending on porting this awesome OS to our HD2s.

Updates :

[Jan 2] Now a video is available from Steve
[Jan 9] Wifi is working properly ! [Not via UI yet]
[Jan 22] Speed improved dramatically with a Video !!
[Jan 23] Unfortunately, Cotulla (& DFT) have suspended Meego's Development (till April ? ) for some reasons.
[Feb 01]Will be released before April, maybe in the next few days ?
[Feb 07]Not really an update, just a few more details.
[Mar 05]More and more details .
[Apr 06]Unfortunately, won't be released as expected, click for more info ..
[May 18]No progress has been made since November.

[Oct 31]Steve clarifies some things, and let's just not lose faith

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes ! :
*It's not released yet and no ETA, but you can Donate to Steve through his personal page or Cotulla through his personal page.
*We are not signing people up, and the poll is closed as well, these are just updates.
*I did nothing ! ..all the Thanks should go to any of Steve's posts, not me (not this post !).
*Still alot to be fixed. Even if it is released, don't expect it to be a daily-use OS (for now) .
*Current Bugs' list Provided by Cotulla .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve's Blog !
Last edited by Marvlesz; 31st October 2011 at 05:02 PM.
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2011, 03:41 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Far Western Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Spent the day messing with my phone instead of celebrating the new year's. After a lame attempt at getting MeeGo on it myself, hell yes I'm in for any testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to schunniky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2011, 04:37 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Waterloo, Trinidad
Thanks Meter: 21
 
503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
ooooh yeahhhh!!!..i dont really fancy the meego os, but then again...i didnt fancy android either, and now its my primary os
1st January 2011, 05:10 PM   |  #4  
Marvlesz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by schunniky

Spent the day messing with my phone instead of celebrating the new year's. After a lame attempt at getting MeeGo on it myself, hell yes I'm in for any testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo

ooooh yeahhhh!!!..i dont really fancy the meego os, but then again...i didnt fancy android either, and now its my primary os

Thank you and all who voted yes for your support.
When we reach 100 yes-voters I will contact him demanding the instructions
Keep voting !! 76 more votes to go
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2011, 06:22 PM   |  #5  
stroughtonsmith's Avatar
Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 219
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawazaki

Thank you and all who voted yes for your support.
When we reach 100 yes-voters I will contact him demanding the instructions
Keep voting !! 76 more votes to go

I plan on posting the image as soon as I get the touchscreen working correctly, and WiFi would be a bonus too. Still figuring it all out, but I can guarantee you'd be disappointed if I released right now
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to stroughtonsmith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2011, 06:56 PM   |  #6  
Marvlesz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroughtonsmith

I plan on posting the image as soon as I get the touchscreen working correctly, and WiFi would be a bonus too. Still figuring it all out, but I can guarantee you'd be disappointed if I released right now

Actually I do know that it's not fully working and most of the features are not working but I want to contribute in developing, I can be much of a help in feedbacking ? we all can !

So I won't be disappointed because I already know how will it look like

So now since this thread prooved so many people want MeeGo I ask you kindly to release it and you can update it regulary and I really appreciate it, we all do
Last edited by Marvlesz; 1st January 2011 at 06:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2011, 07:46 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Waterloo, Trinidad
Thanks Meter: 21
 
503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawazaki

Actually I do know that it's not fully working and most of the features are not working but I want to contribute in developing, I can be much of a help in feedbacking ? we all can !

So I won't be disappointed because I already know how will it look like

So now since this thread prooved so many people want MeeGo I ask you kindly to release it and you can update it regulary and I really appreciate it, we all do

+1 i also wanna contribute in the developing
1st January 2011, 08:45 PM   |  #8  
stroughtonsmith's Avatar
Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 219
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawazaki

Actually I do know that it's not fully working and most of the features are not working but I want to contribute in developing, I can be much of a help in feedbacking ? we all can !

So I won't be disappointed because I already know how will it look like

So now since this thread prooved so many people want MeeGo I ask you kindly to release it and you can update it regulary and I really appreciate it, we all do

What's the best way to host a 600MB file for you guys?
The Following User Says Thank You to stroughtonsmith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2011, 08:54 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
as long as i can brick my phone (which seems impossible) i am also ready to try!
1st January 2011, 08:55 PM   |  #10  
Vampir1c's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
who wouldnt want to mess with a new OS for the HD2?!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes