Redux is a custom ROM, built with three key aspects in mind: Clean, fast, stable.
This is not necessarily a hacker's ROM but thought for day-to-day usage scenarios. To keep it clean, only features that are considered useful by the development team will be included in Redux. This ensures that every single feature implemented will be carefully selected and programmed into the ROM's source code, which lead to stability and intuitive usage. Performance tweaks find their way into Redux quite often because speed and smoothness are two key features which must be present in a day-to-day usage scenario. Redux is mostly bugfree, again a vital feature for the 24/7 usage scenarios this ROM has been thought for.
Since January 2011, Redux has become fully open-sourced. The code is available at Github.com, here.
- Gingerbread base, coming straight from AOSP.
- Lightweight and clean builds
- Built for day-to-day usage, meaning stability and good battery life
- Fast and smooth, the UI is working very nice
- User interface tweaks and additions
- Added functionality, such as new Browser and Camera options
- Makes use of ext partition on SD card, to provide space for more apps
More detailed features included in this ROM are available in the changelog from the second post. You can also find a quick FAQ over there.
- Amon-RA or ClockworkMod recovery to flash the image
Flash the .zip file from recovery. If coming from another ROM, erase /data and /cache partitions.
Official Redux download page (Stock and themed version available)
Test builds and other downloads are available as well.
- CyanogenMod team for their work on enhancing Android;
- Beenee for his wonderful work in vorkKernel;
- Classical Gas for various graphics.
GPL Kernel source files: Github