Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I want to lose root....

Tip us?

Ruki_Uki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default I want to lose root....

I have my EVO rooted with the newest Freshhh but I am going to trade my girlfriend for her white one. But she wants me to unroot the phone. I've tried everything and no luck. What if I find a 2.1 Rom then update it to 2.2? I would try but....can't find a 2.1 Rom with an active download link.

Sent from my EVO's 4G You?........I thought so

Stroid01
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki_Uki View Post
I have my EVO rooted with the newest Freshhh but I am going to trade my girlfriend for her white one. But she wants me to unroot the phone. I've tried everything and no luck. What if I find a 2.1 Rom then update it to 2.2? I would try but....can't find a 2.1 Rom with an active download link.

why would you want to unroot?

try this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21#post7471721
Device: LG Nexus 4
Linaro CM10.1

Ruki_Uki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Not to be an ass, but like I said I am trading my black EVO for my girlfriends white EVO but she wants me to unroot mine first because she don't want a rooted phone. But ill be sire to get my root back when I get the white EVO from her

martonikaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1714
Just run a stock RUU onto it. Check the android development forum for the rom Wiki which has a list of the stock RUU's.

I've done this twice on mine to unroot and return the phone to stock for an exchange and can confirm it works.

There are also several long threads in android development titled "How to UNROOT the evo in 2 easy steps" etc.... just do a search you'll find more information than you will asking here.
Quit signing contracts, stop overpaying for service, GO PREPAID!
Follow me on Twitter / Google+
Don't have Dropbox yet? Sign up from this link, and we both get more storage!

drmacinyasha
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Flash the 3.70.651.1 RUU.
http://goo-inside.me/evo/stock/RUU/

Just rename it to PC36IMG.zip, put it on the root of your SD card, and boot into hboot. Follow the prompts, and that's it.
Views expressed do not represent RootzWiki or Goo.im unless explicitly declared as such.
The Following User Says Thank You to drmacinyasha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stroid01
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki_Uki View Post
Not to be an ass, but like I said I am trading my black EVO for my girlfriends white EVO but she wants me to unroot mine first because she don't want a rooted phone. But ill be sire to get my root back when I get the white EVO from her

i dont get how you were being an ass..just curious why she would want to loose root it has so many benefits.

either way the link i put shows how to lose root. so does the advice the other two users gave you....maybe you should read the linked thread next time or dont ask for help
Device: LG Nexus 4
Linaro CM10.1

Ruki_Uki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I didnt want to sound like an ass by saying I already said why in my first post when I was asking. And she doesnt want root because she's not into the whole root thing. And so to be nice since she is trading me her 2 day old white EVO for my few month old black one ill do what she asked