WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19b back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I want to lose root....

OP Ruki_Uki

2nd January 2011, 04:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 37

825 posts
More
I have my EVO rooted with the newest Freshhh but I am going to trade my girlfriend for her white one. But she wants me to unroot the phone. I've tried everything and no luck. What if I find a 2.1 Rom then update it to 2.2? I would try but....can't find a 2.1 Rom with an active download link.

Sent from my EVO's 4G You?........I thought so
2nd January 2011, 04:47 AM   |  #2  
Atlanta,GA
Thanks Meter: 44

314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki_Uki

I have my EVO rooted with the newest Freshhh but I am going to trade my girlfriend for her white one. But she wants me to unroot the phone. I've tried everything and no luck. What if I find a 2.1 Rom then update it to 2.2? I would try but....can't find a 2.1 Rom with an active download link.

why would you want to unroot?

try this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21#post7471721
2nd January 2011, 06:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

825 posts
More
Not to be an ass, but like I said I am trading my black EVO for my girlfriends white EVO but she wants me to unroot mine first because she don't want a rooted phone. But ill be sire to get my root back when I get the white EVO from her

2nd January 2011, 06:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715

7,850 posts
More
Just run a stock RUU onto it. Check the android development forum for the rom Wiki which has a list of the stock RUU's.

I've done this twice on mine to unroot and return the phone to stock for an exchange and can confirm it works.

There are also several long threads in android development titled "How to UNROOT the evo in 2 easy steps" etc.... just do a search you'll find more information than you will asking here.
2nd January 2011, 07:54 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 278

1,698 posts
More
Flash the 3.70.651.1 RUU.
http://goo-inside.me/evo/stock/RUU/

Just rename it to PC36IMG.zip, put it on the root of your SD card, and boot into hboot. Follow the prompts, and that's it.
The Following User Says Thank You to drmacinyasha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2011, 04:30 PM   |  #6  
Atlanta,GA
Thanks Meter: 44

314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki_Uki

Not to be an ass, but like I said I am trading my black EVO for my girlfriends white EVO but she wants me to unroot mine first because she don't want a rooted phone. But ill be sire to get my root back when I get the white EVO from her

i dont get how you were being an ass..just curious why she would want to loose root it has so many benefits.

either way the link i put shows how to lose root. so does the advice the other two users gave you....maybe you should read the linked thread next time or dont ask for help
2nd January 2011, 11:40 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

825 posts
More
I didnt want to sound like an ass by saying I already said why in my first post when I was asking. And she doesnt want root because she's not into the whole root thing. And so to be nice since she is trading me her 2 day old white EVO for my few month old black one ill do what she asked

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread