Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Thank-Button

Tip us?

Laurenz0908
Old
(Last edited by Laurenz0908; 2nd January 2011 at 04:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Unhappy [Q] No Thank-Button

Hi there!

My Problem is that I can not see the Thank-Button. I know it disappears when I've made 5 "thanks" one a day, but until now I haven't made one.
Ich would really like to thank Darky for his great ROM.

Greets from Austria

Laurenz

Edit: I'm using Chromium ( the open source version of Google Chrome) under Ubuntu (Linux)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Laurenz0908 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

svetius
Old
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter 3,215
Make sure you are using the XDA 2010 template. Also, you won't get a Thanks button until you've made 1 post.
svetius
-----
User Experience Admin
xda-developers
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,033
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
On addition this above info you have only 5 thanks per day
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Infoport
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm glad that I finally found this post-- I have been lurking, and really wondered why everyone but me could see the Thank button
(The Emperor's New Button?)

with the new forum changes, I better stop lurking, as I am mostly in the development sections and wont be able to post there until after 10 posts. :(

William

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvidrine View Post
I'm glad that I finally found this post-- I have been lurking, and really wondered why everyone but me could see the Thank button
(The Emperor's New Button?)

with the new forum changes, I better stop lurking, as I am mostly in the development sections and wont be able to post there until after 10 posts. :(

William
You would be fine anyway as you registered before the change was made.

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4

Zenirax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The thank you and no thank you, it does not look like like like like on facebook and I like it.

IW4
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius View Post
Also, you won't get a Thanks button until you've made 1 post.
Well, that explains that. I'll just make my first post here, so I can start thanking those who have helped me...including you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IW4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NanaSarah
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default but, does the Thank button go away after x days?

I wanted to thank lopez1_de for TouchWatch2, but the thread started in 2009 and the only posts with thank buttons are the two most recent from Oct 2010 by other members, not lopez1_de.

So does the button go away on old posts or am I missing something? I'm using the current version of Firefox, and haven't got a clue whether I'm using the XDA 2010 template, what it is or where to find it.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G
no-contract
model SGH-T959V
Android 2.3.6

RIP:
T-Mobile HD2
OS 5.2.21892 (21892.5.0.89)
Manila 2.5.20121412.2
ROM 2.13.231.1 (90963), 4/28/10
Radio 2.10.50.26
Protocol 15.39.50.07U
The Following User Says Thank You to NanaSarah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Archer
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 4,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaSarah View Post
I wanted to thank lopez1_de for TouchWatch2, but the thread started in 2009 and the only posts with thank buttons are the two most recent from Oct 2010 by other members, not lopez1_de.

So does the button go away on old posts or am I missing something? I'm using the current version of Firefox, and haven't got a clue whether I'm using the XDA 2010 template, what it is or where to find it.
I've noticed this. I assume that the thanks button is only there for posts made since it became available.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NanaSarah
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ah! That hadn't even occurred to me. (Comes from being a relative newbie.)

Thanks, johncmolyneux.
I need to track down an explanation of the Thanks button. There must have been one posted when it was started.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G
no-contract
model SGH-T959V
Android 2.3.6

RIP:
T-Mobile HD2
OS 5.2.21892 (21892.5.0.89)
Manila 2.5.20121412.2
ROM 2.13.231.1 (90963), 4/28/10
Radio 2.10.50.26
Protocol 15.39.50.07U

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NanaSarah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]