Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HOW-TO] Wifi Fix for CM6 [1/2/2011]

OP HebrewToYou

3rd January 2011, 08:41 AM   |  #11  
Flag Kirkland, WA
Thanks Meter: 113

1,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanq45

I keep getting a "out of space" error when I go to copy the files.

Please help.

If you have not applied s-off patch by alpharev, then you have to push the files while in clockwork recovery, after going to the partitions menu and selecting mount /system. If you are in fact s-off, you have to use a terminal emulator and type [code}mount -o rw,remount /system[/code] and then push the files

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide
3rd January 2011, 08:47 AM   |  #12  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
More
CM6 wifi works fine for me, but would these drivers work better with my phone anyways since they're specifically made for this phone?
3rd January 2011, 06:10 PM   |  #13  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 68

1,122 posts
More
Applied this on Arayaray revamped which seemed to have spotty wifi for me especially when accessing the market. After applying this the wifi is perfect not a single problem at all now, thanks so much!!
3rd January 2011, 06:29 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 63

491 posts
More
I refuse to connect my phone to my pc. Is there any way to get these files pushed onto my phone? Terminal Emulator work? If not, it's cool. Wifi seems to be working for the most part under CM6.
3rd January 2011, 06:33 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

701 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaodxkevin

CM6 wifi works fine for me, but would these drivers work better with my phone anyways since they're specifically made for this phone?

It depends. These files are taken *directly* from the stock espresso rom and are known-good. If you're not having any issues with wifi running CM6 I don't feel comfortable telling you this will "improve" anything -- but I don't think it would hurt. In any case, if you follow my instructions you will have backed up the original files and can restore them at any time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzie

I refuse to connect my phone to my pc. Is there any way to get these files pushed onto my phone? Terminal Emulator work? If not, it's cool. Wifi seems to be working for the most part under CM6.

Uhhhh -- why? That seems incredibly myopic and weird. You know what -- never mind -- I don't want to know. You can use a terminal emulator on the device to move the two files from your sdcard to their rightful place on /system. I'll leave it as an exercise to the user to figure out the correct commands to do so.
3rd January 2011, 07:33 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 63

491 posts
More
Well I'll tell you anyways... MyTouch Slide always acts funny when plugged via USB to my pc, more-or-less so Windows 7. I could say this is an uncommon issue, but it's not. So it's not weird.
3rd January 2011, 10:54 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 50

483 posts
Mine works just fine, whats funny about it when u plug it in? Sorry to bring this up here herbrewtoyou but im curious lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
4th January 2011, 02:55 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys I just pushed the 2 files to my phone, I'm running CM 6.1.1-Slide - since I flashed to 6.1 and then reflashed to 6.1.1 I have had 0 Wifi capability. So I push these files and followed the instructions, and well I still have no wifi. I will enable it and it will scan, try to authenticate and then disconnect and repeat.......any ideas???
4th January 2011, 03:02 AM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

701 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeMan911

Hey guys I just pushed the 2 files to my phone, I'm running CM 6.1.1-Slide - since I flashed to 6.1 and then reflashed to 6.1.1 I have had 0 Wifi capability. So I push these files and followed the instructions, and well I still have no wifi. I will enable it and it will scan, try to authenticate and then disconnect and repeat.......any ideas???

Sounds like an issue with your router...
4th January 2011, 03:04 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
No its def not the router, phone would connect all day long before switching to CM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread