Ask a question

No registration required

Did you screw it up like I did?

OP wxrman

3rd January 2011, 02:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I gave up trolling through the hundreds (thousands?) of posts on here...

...after a failed attempt to root a new white EVO, I decided to just throw in the towel and use HTC Sync to help me establish the proper setup and then ran the latest RUU update.

I'm back to normal... not hacked or rooted but fully functional and that's all I'm going to do for now.

I came to the EVO threads after switching from a Samsung Epic... which honestly was far easier to root and much easier to keep rooted.

I love my EVO but since it's so new, it's not worth all the confusion. unrevoked looked promising but never worked for me. Zikronics(sp?) looked good but there was an error that the FAQ's or threads didn't seem to have an answer for.

Thanks to all and keep doing great work on here... I"m sure I'll acclimate to the scene, in time, but for now, I'll just watch the fun from the sidelines.

Again, thanks to all who share the passion!
3rd January 2011, 02:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
I would try Universal Auto Root, worked for me the first try after getting ADB set up.
Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=838448
Although, it hasn't been updated to work with the 3.70 update if that's what you have.
3rd January 2011, 03:22 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

168 posts
Perhaps try the new Unrevoked? I believe it's been updated for the new HBOOTs, but it is still in beta as far as I know. Definitely worth a try.

Also, I think rather than trolling, you meant lurking. Haha, trolling is running around and being a dick just to make people mad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread