Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[01 FEB][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for HD2 - v1.3

Tip us?

NOiRLe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepsils View Post
I have a small issure with recovery. In recovery mode i can't mount phone as USB storage.
Me too...

johho
Old
(Last edited by johho; 5th January 2011 at 10:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Hi Folks.

Propably i made everthing wrong i coud, but this is what happend:

I used futureshok 1.0 (Nand). Then i copied the stuff rom the archieve to a fresh formated (fat32) SD Card and flashed the Recovery Tool with daf.exe.

Now i can boot into recovery tool, but im not able to boot the "old" Futureshok nand build, even if i try Point 2 "Boot AD Nand".

The SD Card isn't usable in Windows anymore ("You have to format the drive..") propably because its ext4 now i guess?

The old Nand Build isn't bootable anymore , i thought i coud use them both, the recovery tool loader and "normal" nand Builds?.

This means, "normal" Nand Builds and the Recovery Tool aren't able to work at the same time, and I can only use special recovery Builds now?

EDIT: Can someone give me a short explanation, how to set up the sd card optimal (16GB SD) for use with recovery builds and with seperate fat partition for using in Windows? SOLVED

Can someone give me a small explanation how to use "normal" nand Builds and recovery mod together?

johho
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
another question, do i have to put the rom file for flashing on the FAT or the ext4 partition of SD Drive?

MAMeingast
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by johho View Post

Can someone give me a small explanation how to use "normal" nand Builds and recovery mod together?
You can use them together, but not easily. Also, there seem to be a couple of problems judging by the other responses in this thread. But basically, you could do this:
  • Flash a NAND Rom you want to use.
  • Backup the NAND Rom following these instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=94
  • If you're religious, pray that you will be able to restore the backup later - it might not work.
  • Install CW following the instructions in the first post. This will DESTROY THE ROM INSTALLED IN NAND!
  • Restore your NAND Rom using CW. Again, pray that it works.

Doing all of this, you have converted a single NAND Rom into a zip backup to be used with CW. This is very tedious and does not make much sense. Also, you have to do the whole procedure all over again if you want to convert a different NAND Rom to be used with CW. CW is supposed to be used with zip files and you should just wait for devs to provide zips of their NAND Roms...

0Reefa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconn View Post
That is strange. I do not know the specifics of what CW is doing or what your ROM did when it originally partitioned your NAND. What build are you running? If it is hanging as soon as it tries to backup boot (the first partition) it is probably not finding the partitions it expects.

If you want to try and see your NAND partition layout you can try the steps in this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=842

Let us know your NAND ROM and if you find your partition information.

-Unc.
Hey man,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running Gauner's NAND v0.3 with MDEEJAY's v9.2 kernel.

I tried the TTY method to grab partition info but TTY just seems to freeze and doesn't initialise when I run it. Windows does indicate that a device is connected (I can eject MAGLDR in taskbar) but Putty fails to connect to that serial number.

Any other methods to check partition? Do I need additional drivers for TTY? There's nothing showing up in device manager.

Guess I'll just have to wait for a proper CW released zip from the devs!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ilijan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
its possible to create CW mode from SDcard.. becouse if we use your init and zimage its allready start... in ad sd mobde... but missing some files... its possible to rebuild your installer to sd card mode?

elless
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ClockworkMod Recovery for HD2 - v1.0 scusatemi dove lo scarichiamo questo programma grazie io non vedo nessun linck qualcuno puo aiutarmi grazie ancora

johho
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
If i backup a Rom with CM, will it backup all my setings and Apps too?

WaveMaster1406
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOiRLe View Post
Me too...
Works great for me!
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500)
- Official 4.4.2 Rooted -
- Stock Kernel -
- 16GB -
-----

DEV: Contact me if you want a FRENCH TRANSLATION of your apps for FREE

Unconn
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by demijnzia View Post
...My question is, do I need to manually put those two files in my SD card root every time I need to use Recovery? Are there other alternatives?
No. I would put them in a subfolder and leave them there. AFAIK the recovery is being loaded from these files on the SD card. It may be loaded into the recovery partition created by DAF.ex in this procedure in the future, but even then, loading a ROM will not wipe this out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsmmx View Post
Alright, so when I try to go to Recovery through "Boot AD SD" MAGLDR (V1.11) would get stuck on 123456 Go Go Go!

Any way to fix this?

I put the two files in the root of the SD card ...
Your MAGDLR may still be using a different directory for trying to launch Recovery. Try putting these files in a directory and choosing that Dir for SD boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancola66 View Post
Many thanks. its tool work perfect for me. My hd2 is now a real Android device
* and I have a question : after recovery and upgrade ROM (*.zip), I can delete the two files initrd.gz and zImage in memory card or not ?
You can but you will not be able to load recovery from SD until you put them back. You might want to keep them and use them to back up your ROM until we have another way to get into recovery. Why not have more tools? :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST99K View Post
thank you.OP didnt mention push the files included IN the "move to SD" to root of your SD card.just wondering will i be able to get into clockwork recovery through the rom manager or the reboot to recovery?
Not Yet. This could come about the time they link recovery to MAGDLR properly. We will see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
is there a method without using "DAF.EXE"
Well, you might not have to run DAF.exe but your NAND will not be repartitioned to support the new partition layout that includes a recovery partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaghost13 View Post
FYI guys, Unconn's method does not work if you flashed with MDJ_FroYo_Revolution_v._2.1_NAND. Keep getting

"E:Can't find MISC:
E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/command
E:Can't find MISC:
E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log
E:Can't open CACHE:recovery/log
E:Can't find MISC:"

or am I missing something.
I would just try it. The Recovery partition does not exist until you repartition using the DAF.exe included and I got the MISC errors too. You were going to loose your current ROM anyway, this just gives you a CHANCE to try and keep it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dortok View Post
Everything went smooth except the last part when I run it from NAND again, its stuck at the HTC splash screen... How can I fix this?
I am not sure you can unless your ROM has a Update.ZIP version you can flash over it. This may be a ROM that was not written to support the partition structure we are using. This is why this is not a supported method for keeping your current ROM. Any number of things could stop working when trying to load from NAND, especially one written before the CW method and new partition structure. The steps that it goes through to load a kernel and ROM are going to look for certain things. If they are not found it just will not load. Sorry. Find and update.zip you like the look of and hope that you data partition survives (does not relate to SDcard <2.2). It might, but still may not load properly without a wipe before flashing from within recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownPoster View Post
...Then i tried to create a folder in Windows named "Recovery"
But i can't find the folder recovery in the boot source menu
There are multiple screens of directories. Scroll down. New dirs are normally at the bottom and I had to go about 5 screens to find mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by and2 View Post
i tried it with that. When i try to restore, i get a failure. something like "MD5 Checksumme error". maybe because the data.img is on the SD card?

Edit: because clockworkmode just allowed 250mb of build storage
An MD5 error could indicate the backup was corrupted (maybe by an SD card that needs formatting).

Your EDIT is also a good point. If ANY of the backup IMG files end up containing more data than will fit in the new partition structure, they will never restore. The Recovery partition has claimed some of your once available space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMeingast View Post
...Doing all of this, you have converted a single NAND Rom into a zip backup to be used with CW. This is very tedious and does not make much sense. Also, you have to do the whole procedure all over again if you want to convert a different NAND Rom to be used with CW. CW is supposed to be used with zip files and you should just wait for devs to provide zips of their NAND Roms...
This is a good point. If you Flash another NAND ROM from windows it will repartition your NAND again and you will have to run the Clockwork DAF.exe again at some point.
[SIZE="2"]---Your Custom Clock Widget. Try it out and submit suggestions.---