[01 FEB][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for HD2 - v1.3

OP RaiderX303

23rd January 2011, 12:17 AM   |  #731  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
SD kernel open failed message
Hi guys. I have just been trying for a looong time to install my first clockwork NAND Rom. But i'm totally stuck at the step when you click on 'Boot AD SD' in the MAGLDR. Here I get the following message 'SD kernel open failed'. I am using the latest Clockworkmod v1.2, using the latest radio for HTC HD2, and even the magldr is latest version V1.12.
So I'm stuck, I can't go further and I can't install the rom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, i triple checked and have done everything according to the manual included here...several times (and in the mdjs nand rom). Am i doing something wrong or is there some kind of bug??
pls help as I'm out of options here:/
23rd January 2011, 12:21 AM   |  #732  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1,640

1,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic

Hi guys. I have just been trying for a looong time to install my first clockwork NAND Rom. But i'm totally stuck at the step when you click on 'Boot AD SD' in the MAGLDR. Here I get the following message 'SD kernel open failed'. I am using the latest Clockworkmod v1.2, using the latest radio for HTC HD2, and even the magldr is latest version V1.12.
So I'm stuck, I can't go further and I can't install the rom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, i triple checked and have done everything according to the manual included here...several times (and in the mdjs nand rom). Am i doing something wrong or is there some kind of bug??
pls help as I'm out of options here:/

Have you copied the initrd.gz and zImage to the sdcard
23rd January 2011, 12:44 AM   |  #733  
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 1,088

4,467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by arif-ali

Have you copied the initrd.gz and zImage to the sdcard

I have the same prob and done everything step by step from v1.0 and up. I been stuck since midnight and nobody has really been able to help. I tried 3 diff tutorials and youtube vids.I hate to say it but i kinda givin up ready to enjoy MDJ's New build, but in the morning"lol"when his update comes out ill be wishing I had CWM running. any programs similar that will work on hd2?
23rd January 2011, 01:33 AM   |  #734  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 355

4,441 posts
What I did was use the kernel and zimage from 1.2 and take the flash.cfg from 1.2 and put it in ver 1.0 overwriting it. Then just flash using ver 1.0...
23rd January 2011, 10:32 AM   |  #735  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Mattfmarting, thanx for the tip. I tried it, but alas it didn't work. If anyone else has any more ideas, they are more than welcome (arif-ali ofcourse I copied initrd.gz and zImage, that is one of essential steps). I have followed everything to the letter.
23rd January 2011, 01:46 PM   |  #736  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic

Mattfmarting, thanx for the tip. I tried it, but alas it didn't work. If anyone else has any more ideas, they are more than welcome (arif-ali ofcourse I copied initrd.gz and zImage, that is one of essential steps). I have followed everything to the letter.

I was having similar issues - They resolved themselves when I formatted (and reformatted .. and reformatted ..) using Paragon (as FAT32). Eventually I booted to CWM and created my EXT4 partition but after I did this I couldn't boot back to CWM to install my ROM. I think it's buggy as hell as a few people in this thread seem to have the same issues - The instructions on the first page could do with an overhaul.
23rd January 2011, 01:59 PM   |  #737  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle404

I have the same prob and done everything step by step from v1.0 and up. I been stuck since midnight and nobody has really been able to help. I tried 3 diff tutorials and youtube vids.I hate to say it but i kinda givin up ready to enjoy MDJ's New build, but in the morning"lol"when his update comes out ill be wishing I had CWM running. any programs similar that will work on hd2?

For people having issues (like me) with the CWM install ... This was posted on MDJ's thread today ... I will be giving this a go later.

Originally Posted by Sentinel196
I'm gonna write up a guide over the next few days to help all those who are having trouble getting ClockWorkMod to work.

I found the solution last night. You just need to format the SD card using "SD Formatter" and then copy the clockwork files and the rom zip you want to flash back to the card, then flash the rom, then use clockwork to partition the SD card BEFORE the rom loads for the first time, then copy the clockwork files back across again.

I'll write up a proper guide, but that method worked for me when I was having exactly the same issues.
23rd January 2011, 06:21 PM   |  #738  
Thanks Meter: 88

1,339 posts
I get "SD Open Kernel Failed". Any help?
23rd January 2011, 09:04 PM   |  #739  
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
More
Minimal size of cache partition ?
What is minimal size of cache partition ?

I want to combine CMR flash.cfg and gauner1986 Z-FI 0.1 flash.cfg into one, supporting CMR - to get this rom and CMR working fine.

So what is minimal cache size ?
What are mandatory partitions to CMR to work properly ?
Quote:

misc ya 1M <- I expect it is required
recovery ya|ro 5M <- I expect it is required
boot ya|boot|ro 5M <- is it necessery ? (Z-FI rom uses system partition as boot)
system ya 130M <- size as system.img (from Z-FI flash.cfg)
cache ya 10M <- can it be 5 M or even less ?
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize <- required

23rd January 2011, 09:34 PM   |  #740  
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 23

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellyyy

I get "SD Open Kernel Failed". Any help?

I'd say: just try another SD Card, if you've got one. That's probably it.

CWM won't work with my 16GB card (same Kernel Error, also if I put the two files in a 'Recovery' folder), but with 2 other 2GB Cards it's no problem (here, in my case). You could try this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread