MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Samsung Focus price drop looks PERMANENT

6th January 2011, 12:48 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisham

In case you guys are interested, Amazon Wireless is selling the Focus for $0.01 today. Stock is definitely on the move. I'm guessing a Focus 2 with Super AMOLED Plus might be on the way.

Very unlikely I think, if they had a new Focus coming out it would have been announced at CES. And Focus is still a very new phone and apparently selling very well (no wonder, it's amazing).
6th January 2011, 01:06 AM   |  #12  
Flag dtown
Thanks Meter: 10

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaullikesWINMO

T-Mobile has the HTC HD7 ! And yes it's a Windows 7 phone.

Darn nice phone. I had it but could not tether with or get 3G with it on FIDO (Canada). I'm sure there are many more models to come.

Yes but too big and heavy, not to mention my Samsungs have consistently had better reception than my HTCs inside buildings where I use the phone 90% of the time
7th January 2011, 09:54 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just bought one off Amazon for $0.01. Friend got one through AT&T for the same price after he told them about the Amazon offer.

ATT told me that most likely its because its a 3g phone and they're in the process of rolling out the 4g network. Whatever, I got the phone for 0.01...Including shipping!
8th January 2011, 02:45 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

81 posts
It says in the website that it can be as upgrade to an existing line. My question is, what if your line is not eligible for upgrade yet. Will your bill show up with the list price after a month or two? Has anyone encounter this yet?
8th January 2011, 04:49 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 198

2,506 posts
If you are not yet qualified, you have to pay full out of contact price which is $399 if you go to an AT&T store or $499 from 3rd party online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
8th January 2011, 04:57 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 6

244 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m

Just bought one off Amazon for $0.01. Friend got one through AT&T for the same price after he told them about the Amazon offer.

ATT told me that most likely its because its a 3g phone and they're in the process of rolling out the 4g network. Whatever, I got the phone for 0.01...Including shipping!

Could be but somehow I doubt it has anything to do with 4G, since the average consumer I don't think knows about 4G or cares at this point. The fact that they are willing to give you the phone for free tells you they know they will make their money back by the end of the contract, with a sizable profit .
10th January 2011, 09:17 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy 4567

Could be but somehow I doubt it has anything to do with 4G, since the average consumer I don't think knows about 4G or cares at this point. The fact that they are willing to give you the phone for free tells you they know they will make their money back by the end of the contract, with a sizable profit .

Thats what I feel too. The other thought is trying to get people to Att network before the iPhone comes to Verizon or whatever.

Quote:

It says in the website that it can be as upgrade to an existing line. My question is, what if your line is not eligible for upgrade yet. Will your bill show up with the list price after a month or two? Has anyone encounter this yet?

i had 10 months left in my contract, and 2 separate phone calls by me (and one by a friend who got the same deal) said that my old contract was being ended, and they would create a new one that started the day the phone was activated. They know if you're eligible for an upgrade - they ask for your phone # and last name. My friend who called had 3 months left on his contract, and was unable to get the deal at first. When he called AT&T, they cleared his contract and he checked on their again -and it was eligible. He ended up buying through ATT because they said they'd match the same deal.
13th January 2011, 03:37 AM   |  #18  

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m

Could you ask him how he got it through AT&T? I just asked a branch store and they said they could not offer the $0.01 deal...
14th January 2011, 05:27 AM   |  #19  

4 posts
I'm thinking of getting one off contract for $400. (don't wanna get locked in to Rogers - $400 voice cancellation + $100 data cancellation, 3 yr contract).

What have your experiences been like with unlocking? I heard ATT is refusing to unlock, and unlock codes go for up to $40 online...
14th January 2011, 07:02 PM   |  #20  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 25

655 posts
More
When I was in-store the other day, I'm pretty sure the sale price on the Focus said until 1/31. I think it's only good for a couple more weeks, but we'll see.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread