[Game] Shift: one of the best WinMo puzzle games now on android device near you

4th January 2011, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

386 posts
Donate to Me
More
Some of you might remember the free windows mobile game Shift. It was really easy to play, but extremely addictive.
I waited for an android port for more than a year, and finally when i didn't see it ported i decided to do it myself So, no matter if you spent long hours with this game, of if you never heard of it before, here's a chance to play it on your phone/tablet/ereader/microvave oven or other android device

The game mechanics and scoring system are identical to windows mobile version, however the graphics and coding were redone from scratch since i didn't have sources for the original shift anymore.

I don't have an android market account and it's not likely i'll be getting one any time soon, so grab it here:
http://slideme.org/en/application/shift

Or in the post attachment.

And some screenies:

One day, i'll have to make a youtube video of the game, but i didn't get around to this so far.

Initially, i developed it for myself, but now that i'm satisfied with the results i see no reason not to share it. After all we all love and use freeware apps

It's my first android app and i was learning java, android api and the engine i was using as i went, so it might not be exactly perfectly optimized. But it does work smoothly on a G1, and the graphics turned out rather nice. It also scales properly to other screen sizes (though graphics won't be as crisp of course): I tested it on a motorola milestone and the android emulator with a few other screen resolutions.

I don't really plan to develop it much further, since i'm rather satisfied with it. Sure, i have a few ideas on how to make it work even better an some tricks i learned along the way, but that would probably take a complete rewrite and right now i'm not really in the mood for that So the game is provided as-is, but i might try to fix any really serious bugs.

If you feel like buying me a beer (or helping me get an android market account), the donation button is right above my avatar

By the way, if you think about trying to write your own android game, don't forget to check out andengine. That's a really powerful, and yet easy to use 2D game engine.
Last edited by mr_deimos; 17th January 2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Removed the attachment for now
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mr_deimos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2011, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

106 posts
More
I'm getting an Access Denied message when clicking on the link.
5th January 2011, 01:37 AM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7

904 posts
More
Yes, me too.

And I really like this game too. Was playing it while it's available for WM6.1 QVGA screen. It didn't work on my WVGA HD2 last time. So, happy that it's coming to Android..
5th January 2011, 01:56 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

386 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijnvy

I'm getting an Access Denied message when clicking on the link.

Oops, sorry about that. It seems that the link worked for me only because i was logged into SlideMe. I'll fix that later, and meanwhile i uploaded the game as an attachment to the fist post.

[EDIT]
It turned out that the app wasn't visible publicly until it got approved by slideMe. The link should work now.
[/EDIT]
Last edited by mr_deimos; 5th January 2011 at 03:14 PM.
8th January 2011, 02:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

145 posts
Very cool game! Thanks for sharing!
8th January 2011, 04:42 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 124

581 posts
Nicely made game. Thanks!
8th January 2011, 05:09 AM   |  #7  
Flag Antipolo
Thanks Meter: 21

134 posts
More
great port! i'll try it later. thank you!

btw, you should really put this in the market, or it might get stolen.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=900923

8th January 2011, 05:17 AM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 16

230 posts
More
Thanks! Pretty fun game!
8th January 2011, 07:48 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
Donate to Me
The Link for the WM version its very old! i want to try in my tp2! the version WM, you can upload the wm too pls!??
8th January 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #10  
Flag Savannah, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 38

536 posts
More
nice game.... works great on MyTouch4G

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
game, puzzle, shift
Previous Thread Next Thread