5,605,311 Members 38,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc Premium Navigation Licence (for flashing roms users)

Tip us?

override182
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Default Htc Premium Navigation Licence (for flashing roms users)

I have been wondering, after flashing custom roms, will i have a chance to lose my premium navigation licence which perhaps i purchased or entered the voucher code which i get from the box?

To those who used the voucher or purchased, did u lose the licence or it will sync back in the licence? Where is the licence stored btw, in ur phone or on server according to imei?

And also, for the premium navigation voucher code, is it lifetime or dated?

Thanks in advance to all replies

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Oxidative42
Old
(Last edited by Oxidative42; 5th January 2011 at 12:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I recently flashed my first custom rom, wiping everything before. Didn't sync anything back, still the premium navigation is working fine (30 days test license). On the first run it will pop up the usual activation screen, so I suspect the license is saved on a server and bound to your IMEI.

FletchNZ
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I was on my 2nd 30 day trial yesterday, before my first trial expired I flashed my phone back to stock with a RUU (1.32) and I got to activate premium navigation for another 30 days, however when i upgraded locations today it removed the 2nd license

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693
The licence is bound to you IMEI. If you ever send your phone in to htc make sure you record your imei first. If they replace the handset they will need both the old and new imei to transfer the licence.

Sent from my performance enhanced Desire HD
The Note 3 is a beast

LinoX
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by override182 View Post
voucher code which i get from the box?
what voucher code?
I didn't find any voucher code in my DHD box....
Where should it be?
If I helped you please hit
(...or buy me a beer )

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinoX View Post
what voucher code?
I didn't find any voucher code in my DHD box....
Where should it be?
Not everyone gets one. Its a promotional code and comes as an extra from certain carriers and resellers. Kinda like some stores will throw in a free car charge and deals along those lines.

Sent from my performance enhanced Desire HD.
The Note 3 is a beast

FletchNZ
Old
(Last edited by FletchNZ; 26th January 2011 at 07:44 PM.) Reason: additional info
Thanks Meter 11
Damn, that’s disappointing. I just flashed Revolution HD and formatted SD card and when I synced my license it changed my Navigation License expiry again, probably the DRM ID on the key must have to match the phone or something like that is stopping it. maybe just copy the time and grace values in to your current key then sync? I'm just guessing...

EDIT:
I was comparing my old phone.dat with my new one and I noticed a couple of things that might help. the first was that they have since done a version upgrade of locations and I don't know if that fixed anything, the second was after i had entered in my random values to the key, when I synced the license it reset all of the values back in my phone.dat to default but I now have 2 keys instead of one

arzme
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Here is my experience. In my case my DHD came with a voucher license for one free navigation. I activate it and an email was send to my email stating tht i have one "Perpetual license" of the country i choose to my phone IMEI.

Just recently, i 'root' my phone, format my mSD so that i can create EXT3 partition and flash a custom rom. I do a full wipe for the flash. I have to download again the maps tht i need but the moment i request for navigation, the program gave me 3 options, Buy, Voucher or Sync License. I choose Sync License, and i got back my navigation for my country.

so flash custom rom to ur heart desire.... HD
The Following User Says Thank You to arzme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

audiobookman
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I find this rather strange. When I got my phone in November the phone part in premium navigation didn't work, after a reboot it worked and has ever since. The premium navigationhas worked almost daily ever since. I've not activated or put any codes / purchased any licences. Have I missed something or am I just lucky?
Cheers

ahkwang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
AFAIK you can onli flash sense-based ROMs like android Revolution ROM though to enjoy the htc navigation.