FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

How to Flash Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0 easily from your phone

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By shadymnms, Member on 5th January 2011, 12:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I found a really easy way to flash the new recovery. My fastboot didnt seem to have an option for a terminal so I thought of this genius yet n00b way. Here are the steps.

Steps:

1. Install clockworkmod from market.

2. Flash Clockworkmod recovery from Rom Manager.

3. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries (or where ever your recovery was downloaded to. This can be done in File Manager, Astro, or Androzip.

4. Mine was "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img". Rename it to "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-visionXXX.img" or something obviously different.

5. Download clockworkmod 3.0 from hereish:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=893933

6. Move your recovery.img to clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries and name it recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img

7. Go into ROM Manager and Flash Clockworkmod recovery, it will say its still 2.5.1.3 when your done. Reboot into recovery and you'll be welcomed by a new orange 3.0

More than likely i could have done it much easier but it just kinda clicked and i didn't wanna bother with fastboot as it feels clunky on the G2.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to shadymnms For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th January 2011, 02:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
there's nothing noob about it. that is a bonafide hack. nice!
5th January 2011, 04:01 AM |#3  
Flag SW Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I tried something like that but I didnt rename it correctly. So nice to know though. Good work.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
5th January 2011, 04:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can u put that in a zip for lazy people like me

5th January 2011, 04:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieton

there's nothing noob about it. that is a bonafide hack. nice!

How is that a hack? LOL
5th January 2011, 04:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
not really a "hack" per se but it tricks ROM manager into flashing a newer clockwork while still thinking it is the same old one. i thought about doing this the other day but never got around to it so great job on this
5th January 2011, 04:42 AM |#7  
Flag D.C. Metro
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wineguy13

Can u put that in a zip for lazy people like me

You need this is a zip to simply move a file to your SD card? Wow, that IS lazy. lol
5th January 2011, 04:45 AM |#8  

More
I followed the thread but the download take u to a bunch of jumbled code.. is that right?

5th January 2011, 04:48 AM |#9  

More
Typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadymnms

4. Mine was "recovery-cockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img". Rename it to "recovery-cockwork-2.5.1.3-visionXXX.img" or something obviously different.

Nicely done, flashed it via your method.

You may want to correct the typo you have in there as I first tried to copy and paste your file names. It's clockwork, not cockwork.
5th January 2011, 04:52 AM |#10  
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadymnms

More than likely i could have done it much easier but it just kinda clicked and i didn't wanna bother with fastboot as it feels clunky on the G2.

How does it feel clunky? fastboot flash recovery recovery.img is a lot easier than this method.
5th January 2011, 04:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1783

How does it feel clunky? fastboot flash recovery recovery.img is a lot easier than this method.

For some reason flashing recovery from fastboot hangs everytime on my phone. This way is good but I did it in terminal. I actually had to flash a cyanogen rom to get the fastboot command, this method would have saved that step.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread