5,593,650 Members 40,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[05-JAN][FIX] GPS on Gingerbread :)

Tip us?

NYGraFFit1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Seeing as I'm a noob at this can you post up the updated files and a quick how to. =] I'd appreiate it. I'm in Brooklyn, NY. TMO US
Do anything but formal, take you out the normal It's time travel here, step into my portal

Galaxy S3 | 4.1.1 | Sprint

Click here and Support my Music!

hefelfury
Old
(Last edited by hefelfury; 5th January 2011 at 06:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Everything is working nicely now! Thanks scotsman and others to help get this working!
Just to clarify, I will nicely display the steps.
1) Take the two files from the gps fix and put them on the root of your sd card (or wherever is easier to locate for you).
2) use Root Explorer to copy these files to their respective destinations
2.5) libgps.so goes to system/lib/ and gps.bravo.so goes to system/lib/hw/
3) go into your system/etc folder and edit the gps.conf file to whatever your gps zone that is closest to you is.
4) chmod 777 the two files by long pressing the files, selecting permissions and ticking all boxes.
5) I rebooted and voila, it works!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hefelfury For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmduluth
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefelfury View Post
Everything is working nicely now! Thanks scotsman and others to help get this working!
1) Take the two files from the gps fix and put them on the root of your sd card (or wherever is easier to locate for you).
3) go into your system/etc folder and edit the gps.conf file to whatever your gps zone that is closest to you is.
4) chmod 777 the two files by long pressing the files, selecting permissions and ticking all boxes.
Can you change permissions before moving them to their respective folders? Just sounds like it might be a little easier to me.

hefelfury
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmduluth View Post
Can you change permissions before moving them to their respective folders? Just sounds like it might be a little easier to me.
I don't see why not. The files should keep their permissions when you move them. Also, the MDJ gingerbread thread has a copy of the_scotsman's instructions posted and it seems to be working for everyone.

NYGraFFit1
Old
(Last edited by NYGraFFit1; 5th January 2011 at 06:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:

i see something named "XTRA_SERVER_" so i place the remaining servers in their place or leave them as is?

Which to use? "0.north-america.pool.ntp.org" or "us.pool.ntp.org"
Do anything but formal, take you out the normal It's time travel here, step into my portal

NYGraFFit1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
forget it, got it working =] wow even the compass on the Google GPS works FLAWLESS. I'm impressed

Pens and DreamS
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGraFFit1 View Post
forget it, got it working =] wow even the compass on the Google GPS works FLAWLESS. I'm impressed
Nooo i was waiting for the answer lol. I to wanna know if i have to get rid of those lines or just put the info above it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
Phone: T-Mobile Nexus 5
Rom: ★★★ DroidKang's Latest ★★★ [HALO]
Kernel: Franco's Latest
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) still stock 4.4 and un-rooted.
Rom:
Kernel:
Recovery:

hefelfury
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens and DreamS View Post
Nooo i was waiting for the answer lol. I to wanna know if i have to get rid of those lines or just put the info above it.

The only line I edited was for NTP server, which was set for Europe and I changed it to "0.us.pool.ntp.org" for United States. Hope that answered your question.

NYGraFFit1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens and DreamS View Post

lol sorry bro, i used "0.north-america.pool.ntp.org" if it helps. it took me a reset and waiting about 5 mins for GPS to kick in after pressing the GPS button in Google Maps for it to find me. Hope i helped bro.

EDIT: i left the rest "XTRA" lines untouched.

NYGraFFit1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:

Someone should place this in the OP.

Tags
2.3, android, gingerbread, gps, leo