Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[05-JAN][FIX] GPS on Gingerbread :)

OP gauner1986

5th January 2011, 07:03 AM   |  #41  
NYGraFFit1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 23
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Seeing as I'm a noob at this can you post up the updated files and a quick how to. =] I'd appreiate it. I'm in Brooklyn, NY. TMO US
5th January 2011, 07:06 AM   |  #42  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Thumbs up
Everything is working nicely now! Thanks scotsman and others to help get this working!
Just to clarify, I will nicely display the steps.
1) Take the two files from the gps fix and put them on the root of your sd card (or wherever is easier to locate for you).
2) use Root Explorer to copy these files to their respective destinations
2.5) libgps.so goes to system/lib/ and gps.bravo.so goes to system/lib/hw/
3) go into your system/etc folder and edit the gps.conf file to whatever your gps zone that is closest to you is.
4) chmod 777 the two files by long pressing the files, selecting permissions and ticking all boxes.
5) I rebooted and voila, it works!
Last edited by hefelfury; 5th January 2011 at 07:10 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hefelfury For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2011, 07:13 AM   |  #43  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 24
 
307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefelfury

Everything is working nicely now! Thanks scotsman and others to help get this working!
Just to clarify, I will nicely display the steps.
1) Take the two files from the gps fix and put them on the root of your sd card (or wherever is easier to locate for you).
2) use Root Explorer to copy these files to their respective destinations
2.5) libgps.so goes to system/lib/ and gps.bravo.so goes to system/lib/hw/
3) go into your system/etc folder and edit the gps.conf file to whatever your gps zone that is closest to you is.
4) chmod 777 the two files by long pressing the files, selecting permissions and ticking all boxes.
5) I rebooted and voila, it works!

Can you change permissions before moving them to their respective folders? Just sounds like it might be a little easier to me.
5th January 2011, 07:18 AM   |  #44  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmduluth

Can you change permissions before moving them to their respective folders? Just sounds like it might be a little easier to me.

I don't see why not. The files should keep their permissions when you move them. Also, the MDJ gingerbread thread has a copy of the_scotsman's instructions posted and it seems to be working for everyone.
5th January 2011, 07:51 AM   |  #45  
NYGraFFit1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 23
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefelfury

Everything is working nicely now! Thanks scotsman and others to help get this working!
Just to clarify, I will nicely display the steps.
1) Take the two files from the gps fix and put them on the root of your sd card (or wherever is easier to locate for you).
2) use Root Explorer to copy these files to their respective destinations
2.5) libgps.so goes to system/lib/ and gps.bravo.so goes to system/lib/hw/
3) go into your system/etc folder and edit the gps.conf file to whatever your gps zone that is closest to you is.
4) chmod 777 the two files by long pressing the files, selecting permissions and ticking all boxes.
5) I rebooted and voila, it works!



i see something named "XTRA_SERVER_" so i place the remaining servers in their place or leave them as is?

Which to use? "0.north-america.pool.ntp.org" or "us.pool.ntp.org"
Last edited by NYGraFFit1; 5th January 2011 at 07:54 AM.
5th January 2011, 07:57 AM   |  #46  
NYGraFFit1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 23
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
forget it, got it working =] wow even the compass on the Google GPS works FLAWLESS. I'm impressed
5th January 2011, 08:01 AM   |  #47  
Pens and DreamS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGraFFit1

forget it, got it working =] wow even the compass on the Google GPS works FLAWLESS. I'm impressed

Nooo i was waiting for the answer lol. I to wanna know if i have to get rid of those lines or just put the info above it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
5th January 2011, 08:05 AM   |  #48  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens and DreamS

Nooo i was waiting for the answer lol. I to wanna know if i have to get rid of those lines or just put the info above it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

The only line I edited was for NTP server, which was set for Europe and I changed it to "0.us.pool.ntp.org" for United States. Hope that answered your question.
5th January 2011, 08:08 AM   |  #49  
NYGraFFit1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 23
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens and DreamS

Nooo i was waiting for the answer lol. I to wanna know if i have to get rid of those lines or just put the info above it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

lol sorry bro, i used "0.north-america.pool.ntp.org" if it helps. it took me a reset and waiting about 5 mins for GPS to kick in after pressing the GPS button in Google Maps for it to find me. Hope i helped bro.


EDIT: i left the rest "XTRA" lines untouched.
5th January 2011, 08:09 AM   |  #50  
NYGraFFit1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 23
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefelfury

Everything is working nicely now! Thanks scotsman and others to help get this working!
Just to clarify, I will nicely display the steps.
1) Take the two files from the gps fix and put them on the root of your sd card (or wherever is easier to locate for you).
2) use Root Explorer to copy these files to their respective destinations
2.5) libgps.so goes to system/lib/ and gps.bravo.so goes to system/lib/hw/
3) go into your system/etc folder and edit the gps.conf file to whatever your gps zone that is closest to you is.
4) chmod 777 the two files by long pressing the files, selecting permissions and ticking all boxes.
5) I rebooted and voila, it works!



Someone should place this in the OP.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3, android, gingerbread, gps, leo
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes