5,606,465 Members 33,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS/Text bomb website?

Tip us?

natebriggs
Old
(Last edited by pulser_g2; 13th January 2011 at 08:46 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SMS/Text bomb website?

So I came across this website and I was considering using it to mess with friends and maybe a few d-bags, but I was wondering if it could be considered harassment legally? Or could it even be traced to my IP? In the rules it mentions no threats and I wasn't planning on it, but it would be fun to annoy some people.

referral link removed

Any thoughts?

natebriggs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
nobody has any input?

ArabianRATA
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I would advise against it for numerous reasons. Most isp's backlog dhcp records for 180 days. While it would be fun to mess with your friends their retaliation would be swift! Best wishes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to ArabianRATA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidSupreme
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I say go for it, but choose your victims wisely and keep it light-hearted.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

booyakasha
Old
(Last edited by pulser_g2; 17th January 2011 at 12:41 PM.) Reason: referral link in quote
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebriggs View Post
So I came across this website and I was considering using it to mess with friends and maybe a few d-bags, but I was wondering if it could be considered harassment legally? Or could it even be traced to my IP? In the rules it mentions no threats and I wasn't planning on it, but it would be fun to annoy some people.

Referral link removed

Any thoughts?
It is legal, however, if you take it too far it could be construed as harassment. My advice, keep it light hearted and chose your victims wisely. I used a bomb app on my phone with a couple friends before, its funny but it could get out of hand.

EDIT: I thought of something after I posted, I wonder if you could be held financially responsible if the person receiving didn't have unlimited texts (if such a person even exists anymore). Be careful is my advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to booyakasha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidSupreme
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyakasha View Post
EDIT: I thought of something after I posted, I wonder if you could be held financially responsible if the person receiving didn't have unlimited texts (if such a person even exists anymore). Be careful is my advice.
Why would the recipient need to have unlimited texts?

jesusprice
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The recipient is going to get bombarded with texts so I would hope they have unlimited messages.
I would be careful doing something like this.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

natebriggs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Haha, I didn't even think of that. Can you imagine if you sent like 300 texts to someone with pay-per-use? That would be at least $30-$60 every time you did that. That's a really good point.

WebCobra
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Woah. I would hate this website if someone used it on me.

AndroidSupreme
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok so what if I am not on a contract and I have no more credit and someone sent all these texts? What would happen?