[Huawei IDEOS U8150] [ROM] based on V100R001C191B822 release

Search This thread

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
I hold no responsibility to how you use or not use this info and if you brick phone - you do this at your own risk

Mini How To
How to install recovery and custom ROMs

Changelog and Downloads
2011-02-11
IMPORTANT NOTE: I have not tested this ROM as I not own U8150 anymore

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_021211_094422.zip
MD5: 110c084c71729aca1ea8361dcb5fe5f5

* Reverted back to Launcher2
* Added Apps2SD
* Add couple apps I think is useful: wifi analyzer, android terminal, alogcat, cache cleaner-ng. (these can be easily uninstalled)
* Built with latest kitchen 0.120
* Removed Gingerbread keyboard and Google Goggles

2011-01-15

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_011511_221843.zip / Mirror
MD5: 357e5efb21d3272bb0820c0e14cfe913

* Added Boot Animation - Android Scribble 2.0 no flare
* Added Gingerbread Keyboard - Renamed Gingerbread Keyboard - updated 2010-12-28
* Unlocked Market - thanks xxhp for the package
* Added Google Goggles and AdFree

2011-01-09
This ROM should have overall better performance(hopefully) :)

Note:
Do a wipe of data and must clear dalvik-cache because of JIT being enabled (under 'wipe' in AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 ROM)

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_010911_182214.zip
MD5: d8fae03567ebfa1602a116cc9e5aa587

* Added more ring tones from CM rom
* Ring delay fix
* CDRom symlink fix
* Fixed proximity delay (phone come off of the "black screen" faster)
* Turned Automatic brightness ON
* Now wifi will scan once every 1 minutes when not around a known location.
Help minimize battery drain.
* Added JIT
* Set Setup Wizard to run 'Optional'

2011-01-05 Initial Release

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_010511_014603.zip
MD5: 059fe7693164b1031a63fce373d57717

* Rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
* BusyBox installed
* /system/framework is deodexed
* /system/app is deodexed
* twitter/facebook/documents2go moved to /data/app
* swapped out Launcher 2 for Zeam Launcher
* Apps like Gmail, Maps, Vending etc updated.

If you like my work please make a donation via the Donate to me button on the left :)

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

hachoo

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for the update quail!

Do you have the AUS version of the Ideos? If so, who'd you get yours from?
Also, can we use this thread as a ROM request? (i.e. overclocking ability, gingerbread development)

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks. But can you plz post a guide or give a link on how to install the modified ROM in IDEOS for noobs like me :)

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
Thanks for the update quail!

Do you have the AUS version of the Ideos? If so, who'd you get yours from?
Also, can we use this thread as a ROM request? (i.e. overclocking ability, gingerbread development)

Yes I have the AU version and I bought a Crazy Johns pack with 4GB micro HCSD carded included from Aus. Post for 159AUD. I was luck and go one that was not locked to any network.

Yes you can use the thread for ROM requests, I personally will be ignoring requests for OCing, as there is a very nice little app called setCPU which works great on the U8150.

Reactions: .produkt-R

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
[How to] install recovery and custom ROMs

I hold no responsibility to how you use or not use this info and if you brick phone - you do this at your own risk

Part 1 Installing Recovery ROM

Please refer to this post before flashing Recovery ROM - AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 and BLUE Screen

The custom recovery allows you to do all sorts of lovely things such as installing ROM update zips (for the forthcoming custom ROMs), wiping various parts of the device, backing up and restoring and much more.

You can enter recovery mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'volume up' and 'send' (green).

Downloads

• AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (CoBlitz / ROMraid) - MD5: 65d4dcbbedb956a9f88dd1981fb31ef8

How to install - Windows, Linux and OSX
  • Download the recovery image of your choice above and extract the zip file
  • Put your device in bootloader mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys
  • WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
  • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'
  • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-recovery-linux.sh'

Part 2 Installing Custom ROM
Note: When using the Custom Recovery image use the Trackball to move up / down and press to select. Use the volume down button to go back.
  • Download a Custom ROM of your choice and place the ENTIRE ZIP (Do not extract it) onto the root of your SD card. By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders
  • Enter recovery mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'volume up' and 'send' (green).
  • From Custom Recover Main menu and select the 'Backup/Restore' option. Choose a 'Nand backup' and let it run it's course
  • Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the 'Wipe' option. Choose the First option 'Wipe data/factory reset' and confirm. <- this is optional after installing one of my ROMs. I personally have not bothered with it with my ROMs
  • Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the 'Flash zip from sdcard'. Select the custom rom you wish to flash, confirm and wait.

Part 3 Restoring back to original ROM
Note: Upgrade operations will erase the user data.

• Find and Download ROM from Link provided on WiKi that you want to install
  • Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.
  • Make sure your handset is power off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the handset. Pressing the END key and VOLUME UP key, and then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
  • You can see process bar start from 0 on the screen. (this take a few minutes)
  • Then the handset will restart automatically. Then it is OK.

Reference:
Part 1 info taken from here

Last edited:

hachoo

Nov 8, 2010
Yes I have the AU version and I bought a Crazy Johns pack with 4GB micro HCSD carded included from Aus. Post for 159AUD. I was luck and go one that was not locked to any network.

Yes you can use the thread for ROM requests, I personally will be ignoring requests for OCing, as there is a very nice little app called setCPU which works great on the U8150.

I got the same deal!
Have you played around with the kernel at all? I'm not experienced in programming etc. but apparantly to OC the IDEOS U8150 more than 600mhz (setcpu does this automatically), it needs a kernel hack like other phones do.

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
I got the same deal!
Have you played around with the kernel at all? I'm not experienced in programming etc. but apparantly to OC the IDEOS U8150 more than 600mhz (setcpu does this automatically), it needs a kernel hack like other phones do.

I have played around with Linux Kernels in the past just not the Android kernel yet... but I am sure it not that hard to patch it and recompile.

I am happy with the 600MHz that setCPU unlocks it too.

tankknat

Jan 2, 2011
Masterton, New Zealand

You can enter recovery mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'volume up' and 'send' (green).
[*] Put your device in bootloader mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

The Main thinkg about these two parts here, when i enter recovery mode i get a blue screen is that right... nothing BUT a blue screen.

When i try to enter the bootloader mode it stays on the IDEOS logo, the first one when you turn it on...

Also im guessing it has to be plugged into the usb at all times for these.

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
The Main thinkg about these two parts here, when i enter recovery mode i get a blue screen is that right... nothing BUT a blue screen.

When i try to enter the bootloader mode it stays on the IDEOS logo, the first one when you turn it on...

Also im guessing it has to be plugged into the usb at all times for these.

You should not be getting a blue screen, you sure your using the correct key combination?

Yes you need the USB cable plugged in to use the bootloader. Yes the bootloader is ment to just sit at the IDEOS logo

Reactions: tankknat

@ngel

Apr 29, 2004
Rome
afsoftware.s5.com
Thank you OP for the info here, I used them to flash the recovery and I'm going to flash your ROM.
Having a Desire from the very first day I'm not new to these things, but this little boy is in my hands since this afternoon and it's amazing that you came with this just in time. :p

Will report back in a while with impressions.

@ngel

Apr 29, 2004
Rome
afsoftware.s5.com
OK, here I am. Just attempted to flash the ROM (after a full wipe), but it fails with an "Installation aborted." message just after the ISO symlink one. Looking at the update script, I guess there was a problem while flashing the BOOT partition.
Rebooting into the OS result in the new (rooted) ROM, but something is missing: the build.prop is likely the old one (I still see the old build string) and I have only 118 MB of free NAND space.

Coming from the Vodafone Italy ROM.

Any hint?

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
OK, here I am. Just attempted to flash the ROM (after a full wipe), but it fails with an "Installation aborted." message just after the ISO symlink one. Looking at the update script, I guess there was a problem while flashing the BOOT partition.
Rebooting into the OS result in the new (rooted) ROM, but something is missing: the build.prop is likely the old one (I still see the old build string) and I have only 118 MB of free NAND space.

Any hint?

What package did you download? I forgot to test one my builds and aborted installation on me, but I have fixed it and already put up a work version. Please try the newer version

@ngel

Apr 29, 2004
Rome
afsoftware.s5.com
What package did you download? I forgot to test one my builds and aborted installation on me, but I have fixed it and already put up a work version. Please try the newer version
Hi, I flashed "U8150V100R001C191B822_010711_042603", the one I guess is the newest (despite the "2010" typo on the first post ;) ).
Is there a newer one?

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA

Any hint?

Another thing I am not sure what the diff is between the Italian ROM and the Australian ROM. I wonder if you phone is not fully compatible with the Australian ROM?

tankknat

Jan 2, 2011
Masterton, New Zealand
ARGH, ok not good...
booted up to flash my loving ideos and i think i killed it...
'Firemware update step 1/2
Unpacking
[=============] (thats a progress bar :p
!
update failed

and all my buttons are blinking...

de1nonly

Dec 7, 2010
First version working

I had the same problems as @ngel using the newer version. Fail with the iso symlink.

Used the first version you posted up and that worked without a problem.

Zeam Launching is really snappy. Or I just haven't bogged down my phone with a whole bunch of crap yet. :)

Thanks for your work :) I bought my Ideos through 2 Degrees in New Zealand.

Request:
I quite like the look of the black notification bar and green icons. Would you be able to theme this rom with those? Also could you include the gingerbread keyboard. I know I can install it separately but would be cool to have Touch Pal and the original keyboard removed and replaced with the gingerbread one.

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
ARGH, ok not good...
booted up to flash my loving ideos and i think i killed it...
'Firemware update step 1/2
Unpacking
[=============] (thats a progress bar :p
!
update failed

and all my buttons are blinking...

Did you power on your unit holding the 'volume up' and 'red' key?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mini How To
    How to install recovery and custom ROMs

Changelog and Downloads
    2011-02-11
    IMPORTANT NOTE: I have not tested this ROM as I not own U8150 anymore

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_021211_094422.zip
    MD5: 110c084c71729aca1ea8361dcb5fe5f5

* Reverted back to Launcher2
    * Added Apps2SD
    * Add couple apps I think is useful: wifi analyzer, android terminal, alogcat, cache cleaner-ng. (these can be easily uninstalled)
    * Built with latest kitchen 0.120
    * Removed Gingerbread keyboard and Google Goggles

2011-01-15

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_011511_221843.zip / Mirror
    MD5: 357e5efb21d3272bb0820c0e14cfe913

* Added Boot Animation - Android Scribble 2.0 no flare
    * Added Gingerbread Keyboard - Renamed Gingerbread Keyboard - updated 2010-12-28
    * Unlocked Market - thanks xxhp for the package
    * Added Google Goggles and AdFree

2011-01-09
    This ROM should have overall better performance(hopefully) :)

Note:
    Do a wipe of data and must clear dalvik-cache because of JIT being enabled (under 'wipe' in AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 ROM)

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_010911_182214.zip
    MD5: d8fae03567ebfa1602a116cc9e5aa587

* Added more ring tones from CM rom
    * Ring delay fix
    * CDRom symlink fix
    * Fixed proximity delay (phone come off of the "black screen" faster)
    * Turned Automatic brightness ON
    * Now wifi will scan once every 1 minutes when not around a known location.
    Help minimize battery drain.
    * Added JIT
    * Set Setup Wizard to run 'Optional'

2011-01-05 Initial Release

FILENAME: U8150V100R001C191B822_010511_014603.zip
    MD5: 059fe7693164b1031a63fce373d57717

* Rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
    * BusyBox installed
    * /system/framework is deodexed
    * /system/app is deodexed
    * twitter/facebook/documents2go moved to /data/app
    * swapped out Launcher 2 for Zeam Launcher
    * Apps like Gmail, Maps, Vending etc updated.

If you like my work please make a donation via the Donate to me button on the left :)

Enjoy :)
    [How to] install recovery and custom ROMs

Part 1 Installing Recovery ROM

Please refer to this post before flashing Recovery ROM - AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 and BLUE Screen

The custom recovery allows you to do all sorts of lovely things such as installing ROM update zips (for the forthcoming custom ROMs), wiping various parts of the device, backing up and restoring and much more.

Downloads

• AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (CoBlitz / ROMraid) - MD5: 65d4dcbbedb956a9f88dd1981fb31ef8

How to install - Windows, Linux and OSX
    • Download the recovery image of your choice above and extract the zip file
    • Put your device in bootloader mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys
    • WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
    • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'
    • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-recovery-linux.sh'

Part 2 Installing Custom ROM
    Note: When using the Custom Recovery image use the Trackball to move up / down and press to select. Use the volume down button to go back.
    • Download a Custom ROM of your choice and place the ENTIRE ZIP (Do not extract it) onto the root of your SD card. By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders
    • Enter recovery mode - turn it off, then press the power button while holding the 'volume up' and 'send' (green).
    • From Custom Recover Main menu and select the 'Backup/Restore' option. Choose a 'Nand backup' and let it run it's course
    • Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the 'Wipe' option. Choose the First option 'Wipe data/factory reset' and confirm. <- this is optional after installing one of my ROMs. I personally have not bothered with it with my ROMs
    • Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the 'Flash zip from sdcard'. Select the custom rom you wish to flash, confirm and wait.

Part 3 Restoring back to original ROM
    Note: Upgrade operations will erase the user data.

• Find and Download ROM from Link provided on WiKi that you want to install
    • Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.
    • Make sure your handset is power off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the handset. Pressing the END key and VOLUME UP key, and then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
    • You can see process bar start from 0 on the screen. (this take a few minutes)
    • Then the handset will restart automatically. Then it is OK.

Reference:
    Part 1 info taken from here
    [NEW] ROM

I have uploaded a new ROM up tonight, not a lot has changed it mainly so can get couple things off of my list and out to you all ;)

enjoy :p
    Thanks. But can you plz post a guide or give a link on how to install the modified ROM in IDEOS for noobs like me :)

Sorry I did think to add a how to install recovery/custom ROM how to, well there is one now.

If anyone is interested in helping with some the development that would be very helpful.

Plans for next release is:
    Unlocked Market - Done
    Custom Boot Animation - Done => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=696193 <= No Flare version
    Gingerbread Theme - Partly done, got problems with white text => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871532
    Gingerbread Keyboard - not done, problem with taking up 95% the screen => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=875202
    Multitouch - Not started

Them are the plans for the next release, if anyone interested in helping I will put my work up on github or something.