Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data2ext CyanogenMOD - UPDATE 26/01/11

Tip us?

Zin0
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrammarFreak View Post
Wrong button there -_-

I doubt your ROM is the issue. The first few lines of the logcat while booting would help in working out why data2ext2 isn't working.

The only suggestion I have left it to back up what you can, wipe and start over. In the interest of transparency, there are probably less destructive ways of fixing this; however I haven't used data2ext in ages. I think I stopped using it about a month after I posted it here, so I have no idea how this works any more

To restore your version of busybox just flash your ROM again with no wipe. All your data will be intact (assuming the creator of your ROM wasn't a jerk by putting a wipe in the updater-script). What the re-flash does is restore the /system partition back to default. (Busybox is stored on /system). To reset data2ext run data2ext --disable, wipe /sd-ext then re-enable data2ext, but you lose all your data (I think).
Thanks I'm just gonna wipe everything and start over (obviously keeping all my sdcard stuff). Since i'm so hard pressed for this, I'm gonna try doing this again lol. I need internal memory bad lol!

Sprint Galaxy S III by Samsung

Why settle for less when you can have MOAR

TheGrammarFreak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiono View Post
Thanks I'm just gonna wipe everything and start over (obviously keeping all my sdcard stuff). Since i'm so hard pressed for this, I'm gonna try doing this again lol. I need internal memory bad lol!
Ah, the joy of an SGSII
Nexus 4: CM10.2
Nexus 7: CM10.2

Twitter | Blog

Zin0
Old
(Last edited by Zin0; 9th February 2012 at 04:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrammarFreak View Post
Ah, the joy of an SGSII
Lol yup. I actually was gonna get an S2 but then i heard about the SGS3, and based on the specs of it, its well worth waiting till august.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

So i basically started over everything (wiped boot,system, cache, data, sd-ext, cache partition, and dalvik cache, then restored my sdcard info from my computer to the phone and flashed my ROM again). So i tried doing the commands again and again, i got that "tune2fs: applet not found" error again, so i kinda feel that the same thing is going to happen again ( Me uninstalling and re-installing busybox and checking to see if the commands go through, but ending up giving "tune2fs: not found") So yeah.. Lemme know if i'm missing something. By the way, i'm wondering if it matters if i'm using ROMRepo's instructions or the ones in the first post?

Edit- Changing to 3.0.0.5 didn't do anything. Guess my busybox didn't change when i flashed my ROM again. Sometime tomorrow, i'll try doing it on another ROM, then if it doesn't work, i'll be on my way.

Zin0
Old
(Last edited by Zin0; 10th February 2012 at 03:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Wow...just...wow...

I was right, Grammar

I had to get another ROM. I was on ZeroHero, then i wiped everything i could possibly do (save sd-card), flashed the TeamHeroC Rom, try following the instructions again, this time on 5.0.2.7 and BAM!! Genius Happened

So I guess this won't work on Sense ROMs. Anyway thanks for the assistance Grammar

Let this be a warning to all who use this: Don't use Sense ROMs initially to enable this.. Not sure if it will work, once it's already been enabled, I plan on trying that asap and i'll report back what happens.

Edit- Found this article to help with flashing another ROM/kernel/etc. Sorry for the unnecessary drama ("Let this be a warning"...) lol.

mafosh
Old
(Last edited by mafosh; 23rd February 2012 at 09:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
hi, question, i partitioned sd card using clockworkmod 5.0.2, then applied zip data2ext4-V4.zip, and ran in terminal data2ext --enable, it requested me to reboot, so i rebooted....

how do i now recognize if it works or not without messing phone with applications ...

kingston 8gb class4

EDIT: ok it works with leatest KANG CM7 partition over cwm5 was enough tested it with installing some apps, heh
Optimus 2x

exProphecy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
hai guise. Is there anyway we can add instructions on what to do when we update our ROM (while having data2ext enabled) onto the first post? I was looking for the steps myself through the 45 pages and saw lots of people asking this same question. Wouldn't it be more efficient to add it to the main post?

Just a suggestion but great script! yay ^_^

DemonDomen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this problem on my GeeksPhone Zero:

Code:
Select Code
I/run-parts(   72): --START OF SCRIPT, PASTE LOGCAT FROM HERE ON!--
I/run-parts(   72): Waiting for SD card to settle...
I/run-parts(   72): sd-ext is not a mountpoint
I/run-parts(   72): I'm checking the ext partition. Hang tight
I/run-parts(   72): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: 11/125056 files (0.0% non-contiguous), 4018/125000 blocks
I/run-parts(   72): Success! Mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 to /data...
I/run-parts(   72): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data failed: No such device
I/run-parts(   72): Mount failed, reverting to normal mode...
I/run-parts(   72): run-parts: /system/etc/init.d/40data2ext exited with code 1