Originally Posted by mazinya
1. I read somewhere that FM radio on the Omnia can be heard only on the loud speaker and not through the phone headset. Is that correct?
2. Does it support divx format or will i have to encode it to other formats?
3. How is the transfer files to the phone works? is it drag&drop? or is it going to be something like apple and itunes crap?
4. Is there a way to get the Omnia 16gb in Germany unlocked and unbranded?
5. Is there an option to change menu language? (its important is i buy it abroad and its not in English)
I can only answer some of the questions you have asked. I have bought a german 16gb Omnia 7.
1. Dont know. Havent used it yet but I very much doubt that you would only hear the radio through the speakers :P
2. I tried hard to get MS attention on this matter. It supports xvid but does not support the AVI container. Only mp4. Zune software does the converting and it is pretty quick. Please note that the Zune HD was able to support avi containers and this feature might be enabled in the future (dont hold your breath)
3. WP7 is not a traditional "USB" device. Meaning that you sync your music, pics and movies with Zune player.
There is a hack to enable your phone to act as a usb drive, but for this to work you will still need the Zune player on your pc.
4. I have tried hard to find an Omnia 7 16gb without any branding. The only devices on the market in germany are the T-Mobile devices but they are not locked!!! There is no hardware branding. There is a quick software branding at the start (2 secs) and some t-mobile apps which can all be removed.
If you do not like this there is a new firmware on the Omnia 7 developer forum which removes all of this. I would advise keeping the current rom since it allows for 2g to 3g switching. But that is up to your taste and requirements.
5. Yes you can change the language when you boot the phone