Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 40,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME] Bubble Jump -[R]- 5 JAN 2011 -[V]- 1.0

Tip us?

Pandalot Games
Old
(Last edited by Pandalot Games; 6th January 2011 at 08:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Smile [GAME] Bubble Jump -[R]- 5 JAN 2011 -[V]- 1.0

Name: Bubble Jump

Bubble Jump is a free game just released on Windows Phone Marketplace. Our hero is Rutherford, a cute and cuddly furball with ambitions of soaring into the clouds. Hit the bubbles and power ups as you jump up, but watch out for gravity and obstacles.

Bubble Jump features an endless play mode with increasing challenges, over 100+ handmade bubble 'stages', and 3 power ups.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902833

Download Link: Download here on Zune or please find it in the Marketplace.

About Pandalot Games:
Boy meets girl. Boy can (sort of) code, girl has great ideas about what's fun and cute. We're two hobbyist developers who set out to make apps together. Our current project is Bubble Jump, and we're focusing on releasing our first update to this new game.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pandalot Games For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cnico88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Brilliant Game! I love it.
~cheers

sensboston
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Simple but very sweet! Congrats to girl for the perfect idea and boy for right implementation :)

P.S. May be, you should add some funny background music to the Bubble Jump? IMHO, it will be nice...

Pandalot Games
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for the kind words cnico88 and sensboston We're really happy that you both enjoy the game! We just released our first update, which adds over 50 new handmade "bubble stages" (several phone screens worth of bubbles) for more variety and replayability, a new power up: wings, and more background art. We're hard at work on our next update, which should include (amongst other things) a much needed global leaderboard.

@sensboston: thanks for the music suggestion! We tried out some license free music loops a while ago, but none seemed to fit right. However, we will definitely reconsider it after this feedback!

Blazing Forge Games
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I normally do not like sound effects in games but this one seemed soothing. I enjoyed playing it.

If I may ask I was wondering how the in game advertisements worked?

Pandalot Games
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
The advertisements are served through Microsoft's PubCenter (pubcenter.microsoft.com). Microsoft supports both XNA and Silverlight, and integrating the ads took only about 8 lines of code to set up. You get paid a dollar amount per 1000 impressions, and there's a bidding process on what ads are served. You filter your ads by setting up to 3 broad ad categories, depending on what you feel would best appeal to your audience.

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Nice to know about WP7 free games
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

saywa
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Man

this game is awweesome
you can beat doodle jump man

It would be great if you put some more powerups a big power up

Its hard to keep ower 10000

Plz keep it up
More updatess

Thx

sensboston
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Pandalot Games, I've sent you a PM, could you check please? (by default the PM notifications are disabled on xda-dev).

Pandalot Games
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks orb3000 and saywa

@saywa - We're definitely exploring longer power ups, although we'll have to see how they play with the difficulty that we want for the higher elevations. We'll be happy just to get into the top 30 free games list, but happy to hear that you like it

We just released a small update which should be hitting the Marketplace now. It's mostly tweaks and reworks of existing levels to make them flow better. We also adjusted some of the levels which were way too hard. The next update will be substantial.

Enjoy!