Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

Tip us?

pershoot
Old
(Last edited by pershoot; 24th November 2011 at 04:00 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3804
Default [Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP - Gtab/Zpad

-Initial release for Viewsonic’s Gtablet/Malata Zpad

-merge up to nvidia’s 10.9.9
-merge up to Kernel.org’s 2.6.32.48
-add NTFS (w./ write support (proceed with caution if writing!)),AUFS,CIFS,FUSE,TUN,HFSPlus,NFS Client v3/4 (kernel modules; pull the desired module from lib-2632.48.tar.gz and place in to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.48-cyanogenmod/ and use insmod to insert) and EXT4 (in-built)
-DM_CRYPT/Ciphers/Routines,Cgroups,Namespaces support,Errata’s 430973,458693,460075
-ondemand governor default
-tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)
-cortex-a9/vfp cc -O1 optimisations, using CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203 ARM-EABI toolchain
-pull in a few changes from vision-2632
-use bcm4329, Version 4.218.248-23, FW Version 4.218.248-18
-add MP/PPP/TP/OE and USB Serial,IPV4/6,Netfilter, and Queuing options
-oc to 1.4GHZ; min mv: 900, max mv: 1200
-reduce voltages

-statically compile koush’s anykernel for use with harmony/tegra2, and add an unpackbootimg script

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babybacon
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
[Kernel] 2.6.32.27 - VFPv3_FP - Gtab

-add ondemand,interactive,userspace cpu governors (ondemand default)
-tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)

Source:
http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
so do we have overclocking yet?

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybacon View Post
so do we have overclocking yet?
not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anlog
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Thanks pershoot!

We appreciate all of the hard work you are putting into this!

babybacon
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).
that sounds awesome. good luck with it man. maybe you will get it done by the time mine gets rma'd.

rcgabriel
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Nice, thanks pershoot!
The Following User Says Thank You to rcgabriel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clemsyn
Old
Thanks Meter 1620

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a lot pershoot! Great work here
The Following User Says Thank You to clemsyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rcgabriel
Old
Thanks Meter 139
clemsyn - we also now know have a nice template to properly package a kernel in a standalone ZIP updater rather than just reflashing the entire boot partition.

Chenglu
Old
Thanks Meter 982

DONATE TO ME
Well done.

rcgabriel
Old
(Last edited by rcgabriel; 7th January 2011 at 01:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 139
Pershoot - am running your kernel currently with Vegan Beta 5.1, everything looking good. Just one issue so far - I get error -18 on installing from Market apps that attempt to install to SD (Angry Birds, Uniwar are the two games I install that always do this).

VSC and I identified this as an issue with CONFIG_BLK_DEV and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP not being enabled in the code Viewsonic shipped (as well as some related crypto stuff that the loop device needs). See my post with the config file changes (patch for Viewsonic 10.8.2 stock kernel) and the thread in general over at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=5

Not sure if those config options are enabled in your code base, could also be some of the related crypto options though?

I started with a clean install of Vegan Beta 5.1, freshly re-partitioned SD card last night, and flashed your kernel this morning, so there was no user data or anything else sitting around on my internal SD card to muck up my results.

EDIT: I'm browsing your repo right now and looking at your pershoot_tegra_harmony_android_defconfig file. It looks like you have the CONFIG_BLK_DEV and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP stuff enabled. Maybe it's the CRYPTO_ZLIB_DEFLATE and CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEFLATE settings? Those were in my patch but not enabled on your kernel, not sure if those are needed. Or CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CRYPTOLOOP, though that wasn't enabled on my kernel either, and from what I just read about that setting I don't think that's it. Maybe you'll see something obvious I'm missing here.