XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MT3G Stuck/Force Close/Frozen

Tip us?

threeclaws
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default [Q] MT3G Stuck/Force Close/Frozen

So I'm trying to get my MT3G back up in running after a failed froyo update a while back.

I followed some instructions to put the phone back to stock and then to get the OTA update, after a few days of not getting the update I went ahead and gave some files a shot which left me with a phone that boots all the way up until the home screen should display and instead I get a force close/frozen phone.

This

sapphire 32b
hboot 1.33.0013 sapp30000
cpld-10
radio-2.22.23.02

is what I get from going into recovery. I'm not sure what I should try from here and don't want to make things worse.
Ericsson Bar->Nokia Bar->Handspring Visor + GSM addon->SMT5600->SX66->Jam->Cingular 8125->Treo 750->Iphone 3G->Iphone 3GS->MyTouch 3g->Nexus One->HTC G2->HTC HD2->HTC Sensation

Current Nexus 4

Binary100100
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeclaws View Post
So I'm trying to get my MT3G back up in running after a failed froyo update a while back.

I followed some instructions to put the phone back to stock and then to get the OTA update, after a few days of not getting the update I went ahead and gave some files a shot which left me with a phone that boots all the way up until the home screen should display and instead I get a force close/frozen phone.

This

sapphire 32b
hboot 1.33.0013 sapp30000
cpld-10
radio-2.22.23.02

is what I get from going into recovery. I'm not sure what I should try from here and don't want to make things worse.
Well... if you have a custom recovery then I would suggest doing a data wipe and flash a new 32B rom.
Device(s) Info:

HTC Amaze 4G :
Energy ICS | Rooted | SIM Unlocked | HBOOT-1.93.2222 JuopunutBear S-OFF | Recovery 4ext | Kernel: HTC Stock

HTC EVO View 4G:
[ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 1 (HC) | hboot 6.14.5556 | Revolutionary S-OFF | TWRP 1.0.3 Port

Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant (unlocked) :
FFC v2 Mod
| Bionix NextGen 2 | Kernel: OverStock 2.4.1 | KB5 Modem | ClockworkMod Recovery

mumilover
Old
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Take out the simcard...
Let it load... sign in google account... make sure all is good... shutdown.. put simcard back in.. start and enjoy.
If I was helpful or you liked my tools, please remember to DONATE and/or hit that "Thanks" button.
APK(s) Installer tool
HTC Magic: 4 easy steps ROOT guide
Fastboot Commander v.1.51
Fastboot Commander(HTC magic version)

threeclaws
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
I'm able to access the stock recovery not a custom one, maybe recovery is the wrong term I can access a page when I hold back/power or vol down/power that gives me fastboot/hboot access.

There is no SIM card in it currently, I did try putting one in to see if it would make a difference and it didn't.
Ericsson Bar->Nokia Bar->Handspring Visor + GSM addon->SMT5600->SX66->Jam->Cingular 8125->Treo 750->Iphone 3G->Iphone 3GS->MyTouch 3g->Nexus One->HTC G2->HTC HD2->HTC Sensation

Current Nexus 4

DonJuan692006
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
Hold down home+power to boot the phone and see if that gives you your custom recovery.
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB, Verizon
Current ROM: Gummy 1.1

Click me to root your myTouch 1.2/Fender (3.5mm jack) the old school way.
Click me to root your myTouch (regardless of version) the new school way.

If I've helped you out and you're grateful, buy me a Redbull. (Not a beer fan )

threeclaws
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Not sure why you guys keep mentioning custom recovery, I went back to stock, but holding down home + power on start just give me the triangle/exclamation point/dead phone page.

Current Nexus 4

Binary100100
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeclaws View Post
Not sure why you guys keep mentioning custom recovery, I went back to stock, but holding down home + power on start just give me the triangle/exclamation point/dead phone page.
Then you have two options.

Re-root your device by goldcard method.

-OR-

Call your provider and have a warranty replacement.
Device(s) Info:

HTC Amaze 4G :
Energy ICS | Rooted | SIM Unlocked | HBOOT-1.93.2222 JuopunutBear S-OFF | Recovery 4ext | Kernel: HTC Stock

HTC EVO View 4G:
[ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 1 (HC) | hboot 6.14.5556 | Revolutionary S-OFF | TWRP 1.0.3 Port

Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant (unlocked) :
FFC v2 Mod
| Bionix NextGen 2 | Kernel: OverStock 2.4.1 | KB5 Modem | ClockworkMod Recovery

threeclaws
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Thanks, I'll do the goldcard root.

Current Nexus 4