Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DONATION] Froyo 2.2 for XT720 - Donation link and progress update here!

Tip us?

Niephasus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in, I could easily put 20 bucks into this effort.

earthsword
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i'm in as well! 20 bucks too! let's assume we're using us dollars in this thread?

ronnbon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
i could also do some translation job eng -> german if needed

i will also do flashings of test versions if itīs needed
great, thank you!

Quote:
let's assume we're using us dollars in this thread?
yes

Of course I already thinking how to manage this. Any help is appreciated- please PM me.
And- if somebody of you know special people for this job you can also tell me or even better: ask them if they would be interested!
Of course we will decide altogether about the dev but since not everybody will know suitable people the list will not be very long I assume.

en0203
Old
(Last edited by en0203; 8th January 2011 at 05:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
20 bucks from me!

How about Dexter? He is very good with milestone, he can probably add milestone's goodies to XT720 as well.

d23wilson
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm in (50$)

That is 100% guaranteed...under these conditions...the person who takes the contract/offer has a reputation/experience that is proven and are reliable and dedicated...I.e. don't want to give money to someone who thinks this will be a great learning experience for them.

And as a preference would like to see a development time line with certain end date and some offering of support..

Of course these are just mere points that a decent person would adhere too naturally, I like to think...but I like to express this because if I have doubts, I wont give hard earned money (i dont work hard...i just dont like work, which makes it hard) to anyone...like I did to Motorola LOL.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App

ronnbon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
That is 100% guaranteed...under these conditions...the person who takes the contract/offer has a reputation/experience that is proven and are reliable and dedicated...I.e. don't want to give money to someone who thinks this will be a great learning experience for them.

And as a preference would like to see a development time line with certain end date and some offering of support..

Of course these are just mere points that a decent person would adhere too naturally, I like to think...but I like to express this because if I have doubts, I wont give hard earned money (i dont work hard...i just dont like work, which makes it hard) to anyone...like I did to Motorola LOL.
That are good and quite understandable points. Of course we are still not at this point- but for me a kind of contract is a total necessity.

Lets wait a couple of days and than do a kind of brainstorming here- how much money do we need at least, how do we pay the dev- who shall it be- who will be the financier- how much time do we want to give the dev/ what is a realistic timeline- what exactly do we expect as result... and so on...okay?

TG2008
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnbon View Post
big cellphone company bilk their customers of promised update: so they took matters in their own hands...
(I hope my expression is not too clumsy..)
Your English is good, and yes, that would be an excellent news read.

Coincidently, I was reading some CES stories, in particular a Motorola one. In this story, the device they were showing "...will initially be released with Android 2.2, but Motorola promises to release android 2.3 at a later date."

The first thing I thought of was the XT720.

ronnbon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
"...will initially be released with Android 2.2, but Motorola promises to release android 2.3 at a later date."
definitely not my next phone....

ceryus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23wilson View Post

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App
What he said...im in for 20$ if the above conditions are met...someone will have to tell me where to send the money though.Good Luck!

lumpy_joe108
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'll contribute $20

Tags
bootloader, froyo, motoroi, project, xt720