[GUIDE] How to downgrade 1.7x/1.8x/2.x to 1.32.405.6
DO NOT USE THIS IF YOUR PHONE CAME WITH GINGERBREAD Or newer Software. Use the Ace Hack Kit for DHD
How to downgrade to 1.32.405.6 WWE
HTC - Quietly S-OFF. Again.
The problems started when HTC released their 1.72.405.3 OTA update. That update could not be rooted, and many people got stuck in stock roms. Now a downgrade method has arrived! After this process, you can use any root (+ S-OFF) method you want. Basically your device will be just like any other Desire HD with older build version. Downgrading will completely reset your device to factory defaults, so remember to back up all important data (such as contacts, game saves and sms messages).
HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
Desire HD with build number 1.72 or higher
[Warning] Telus DHDs may lose sound because the 1.32.405.6 is not fully compatible with the sound chip. Just start using a custom ROM, and it will work fine.
How to downgrade:
Disable any antivirus software
If you have a branded / regional (like Indian or Vodaphone) device, you have to make a Goldcard. Use "mmc2" instead of "mmc1"!!
FAQ: Q: Will I lose all my settings and applications?
- Yes, so make a backup with MyBackup Pro. Q: I have done Radio S-OFF and SuperCID, do I need this?
- No, with those you do not need this kind of trickery. Q: I have flashed a custom ROM with e.g. 1.84 build number, do I need this?
- No, with ClockworkMod you can jump between builds freely. Q: It says '#' but I still cannot use root applications!
- That is normal, this method only gives root in command line. Just go ahead and downgrade. Q: Is my phone Froyo or Gingerbread?
- Check it in Settings -> About -> Software information -> Android version. 2.2 is Froyo and 2.3 is Gingerbread. Q: How do I navigate to downgrade folder?
- You can read this short and easy explanation.
- "Main version is older"? You did not type everything correctly. Please try it again and see if any errors come up.
- "Error opening backup file"? You did not use "Charge only" -connection, or your SD card is faulty.
- "CID mismatch/CID incorrect"? Your device is branded. Just make a Goldcard, put the PD98IMG.zip to the card again and go to the bootloader.
- "Model ID incorrect"? Some Telus DHDs get this, just make a Goldcard.
- "Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)"? Use Gingerbread method to downgrade.
- Zip will not load in bootloader? Format your SD card to FAT32, no quick format! You can also try another SD.
- Problems while making Goldcard? See this post.
- PD98IMG.zip md5sum is: C3D244A9F056E48EE3851A14FF52204C
If you like my work, please consider: (or just hit the thanks button )
SE X1 → Garmin-Asus A10 → HTC Desire HD → Galaxy Nexus → Nexus 4 → Nexus 5
The Following 102 Users Say Thank You to jkoljo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Here at XDA-Developers, we always encourage and maintain an ethical standard of behavior with … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?