Post Reply

[STOCK ROM] [ODIN & CWM] i896 Rogers Captivate Official 2.2

OP skorchir

23rd February 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #231  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 329
 
1,092 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonieryan

Never used ODIN, but have used CWM. I'm currently running Perception build 5 and tried to restore to my stock Rogers Eclair using CWM, but it gets stuck in the unlock screen and keeps force closing. So my stock Eclair backup is useless

Which ODIN do I use to do a clean flash and master clear for the ODIN Rogers 2.2 file posted in the first post? Can someone please post a link because the only ODIN I was able to find is the one-click for AT&T stock Eclair.

If I use just the CWM file and flash with CWM over Perception build 5, will that be a clean flash if I do a factory reset/wipe data?

Thanks

Can't you do master clear when using Perception 5, then install Stock 2.2 using CWM? I believe if you can do that it's a clean flash, of course somebody can jump in if that isn't correct
23rd February 2011, 08:31 PM   |  #232  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonieryan

Never used ODIN, but have used CWM. I'm currently running Perception build 5 and tried to restore to my stock Rogers Eclair using CWM, but it gets stuck in the unlock screen and keeps force closing. So my stock Eclair backup is useless

Which ODIN do I use to do a clean flash and master clear for the ODIN Rogers 2.2 file posted in the first post? Can someone please post a link because the only ODIN I was able to find is the one-click for AT&T stock Eclair.

If I use just the CWM file and flash with CWM over Perception build 5, will that be a clean flash if I do a factory reset/wipe data?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Can't you do master clear when using Perception 5, then install Stock 2.2 using CWM? I believe if you can do that it's a clean flash, of course somebody can jump in if that isn't correct

Do you mean a master clear using ODIN? Which ODIN? The only one I've found and that is linked everywhere is the one-click for Eclair (2.1). Really I'm just looking for a link to ODIN that every one keeps referring to here.

I ended up doing all of the following using CWM:
- Installed Firefly 2.2 right over Perception build 5
- Wipe/reset data
- Ran Firefly for a couple of hours, but didn't like the theme/colors at all (very dark)
- Installed Rogers 2.2 from OP
- Wipe/reset data

Now I'm running Rogers 2.2 stock, but still need to figure out how to restore the device ID from my original backup
23rd February 2011, 08:34 PM   |  #233  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug3673

Naw, lucky for me I asked and received a voodoo kernel from Supercurio specifically for Rogers i896 Captivates running stock froyo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...870760&page=12


All i896 owners need to install this. Never ever put OCLF on your Froyo 2.2 phone!

Do you just take this update.zip and install it using CWM? Is that all there is to it?
23rd February 2011, 09:20 PM   |  #234  
clemmie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonieryan

Do you just take this update.zip and install it using CWM? Is that all there is to it?

That depends what you are currently running. You mentioned CWM, so I'll assume you are not currently on stock.

Always make a backup with Titanium Backup and move it to your desktop. If you have a custom ROM or SpeedMod or any I9000 based kernel, you should download ODIN 1-click, MASTER CLEAR, then flash the AT&T ROM. After that, you can use bay_wolf's AIO Rogers toolbox to get back to Rogers Froyo. I then used Kies to get my Froyo on, then flashed the Rogers Voodoo Kernel. After that I rooted and reinstalled my Titanium Backup.

I just went through this whole rigamarole yesterday, trust me, thisis the fastest, easiest way to go without

I have better numbers since I flashed than I did on SpeedMod!
23rd February 2011, 10:08 PM   |  #235  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemmie

That depends what you are currently running. You mentioned CWM, so I'll assume you are not currently on stock.

Always make a backup with Titanium Backup and move it to your desktop. If you have a custom ROM or SpeedMod or any I9000 based kernel, you should download ODIN 1-click, MASTER CLEAR, then flash the AT&T ROM. After that, you can use bay_wolf's AIO Rogers toolbox to get back to Rogers Froyo. I then used Kies to get my Froyo on, then flashed the Rogers Voodoo Kernel. After that I rooted and reinstalled my Titanium Backup.

I just went through this whole rigamarole yesterday, trust me, thisis the fastest, easiest way to go without

I have better numbers since I flashed than I did on SpeedMod!

Thanks!

I'm currently running Rogers 2.2 stock. I flashed it over Firefly 2.2 using CWM and the zip file in the very first post.

I used to have Perception 5 running which was an I9000 based kernel. My problem right now is I must have the wrong ODIN 1-click because when I launch it on Win7 64-bit there isn't anything in any of the boxes. There is only a Master Clear and Start button. I'll try to post a screenshot later.

Does this mean I'm not really running Rogers stock 2.2 because I flashed it with CWM over a custom ROM?
23rd February 2011, 10:46 PM   |  #236  
clemmie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonieryan

Thanks!

I'm currently running Rogers 2.2 stock. I flashed it over Firefly 2.2 using CWM and the zip file in the very first post.

I used to have Perception 5 running which was an I9000 based kernel. My problem right now is I must have the wrong ODIN 1-click because when I launch it on Win7 64-bit there isn't anything in any of the boxes. There is only a Master Clear and Start button. I'll try to post a screenshot later.


That version of ODIN sounds like the right one. It's kind of 'preloaded' with the AT&T stock firmware, so you have only two buttons: one to Master Clear and one to flash the aforementioned firmware. So, if you have already backed up, you should just MC and then flash the firmware.

Quote:

Does this mean I'm not really running Rogers stock 2.2 because I flashed it with CWM over a custom ROM?

This is kind of a loaded question. Technically yes, but you would have to ensure that you have both the stock modem and kernel, which can be verified in Settings/About Phone. Baseband and build number should both end in UXJL1, and you should have the 2.6.32.9 kernel.

If all of these check out, yes, you are technically on 2.2 stock, but the red flag for me is that you can access CWM, because stock recovery menu is 2e. So you might have root, lagfix, or some other tweaks enabled, which indicates a non-stock/non-'out of the box' configuration.

I mention this only because wolf_bay's toolbox, specifically built for Rogers users, was my tool of choice to flash back to stock and I had to re root and reinstall the JL1 voodoo/froyo kernel before I had CWM, plus no issues with device id. So there's a chance that there might be some discrepancies.
24th February 2011, 12:10 AM   |  #237  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemmie

This is kind of a loaded question. Technically yes, but you would have to ensure that you have both the stock modem and kernel, which can be verified in Settings/About Phone. Baseband and build number should both end in UXJL1, and you should have the 2.6.32.9 kernel.

If all of these check out, yes, you are technically on 2.2 stock, but the red flag for me is that you can access CWM, because stock recovery menu is 2e. So you might have root, lagfix, or some other tweaks enabled, which indicates a non-stock/non-'out of the box' configuration.

Good news is all of that checks out for me:
- Baseband = I896UXJL1
- Build number = FROYO.UXJL1
- Kernel = 2.6.32.9

And I actually have 3e recovery (not 2e), so I do indeed have stock recovery.

Thanks for your help in enlightening me. I'm now stock Rogers Froyo 2.2 without even having realized it.

Now on to tweaking:
- voodoo lag fix on JL1 kernel
- TouchWiz launcher (or other)
- Etc.

Is there a Rogers 2.2 stock tweaking thread?
24th February 2011, 12:42 AM   |  #238  
clemmie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonieryan

Is there a Rogers 2.2 stock tweaking thread?

In so far as the kernel is concerned? I doubt it, there's not much there to tweak; the usual CWM menus and a basic lagfix on/off and system lagfix on/off. That's pretty much it.

I think we'll see more development based off of stock 2.2 and Rogers & AT&T kernel/modem once AT&T users get Froyo tomorrow. There's not much reason to stay with crossover I9000 stuff once we have source. There's already stuff like this kernel which is very promising.
24th February 2011, 12:51 AM   |  #239  
parshantx's Avatar
Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
JESUS!! THANK YOU!! i was waiting for this for over a month!!!!!
FINNALY GOT THE ODIN!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! <3
25th February 2011, 08:49 AM   |  #240  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemmie

In so far as the kernel is concerned? I doubt it, there's not much there to tweak; the usual CWM menus and a basic lagfix on/off and system lagfix on/off. That's pretty much it.

I think we'll see more development based off of stock 2.2 and Rogers & AT&T kernel/modem once AT&T users get Froyo tomorrow. There's not much reason to stay with crossover I9000 stuff once we have source. There's already stuff like this kernel which is very promising.

No, not kernel tweaks. Just general tweaks to make the stock install better.

So, here's what I've done so far, which might be helpful to others:
- Searched Market for "Gingerbread Launcher" and installed the one by Eugene373. Much better than Samsung's TouchWiz Launcher.
- Replaced the stock 3e recovery with a modified one using the script provided here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833423
- Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager (only possible after applying the modified 3e recovery in the previous step).
- Used ClockworkMod Recovery to flash the JL1 kernel with the Voodoo lag fix injected.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to:
- Get a numeric battery
- Install the Gingerbread keyboard

Any tips? I keep reading that it isn't possible to replace the battery icon and keyboard on an odexed ROM. Is that true?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Captivate Android Development by ThreadRank