XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't root - firmware too new??

Tip us?

mpetruzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Default Can't root - firmware too new??

Just got a Dinc, coming from a DX. Trying to root using Unrevoked. I updated the drivers via the instructions on their site and it went fine. Ran Unrevoked and it went through the whole process of rebooting and then I get an error message saying "process failed - is your firmware too new". I have 2.2 and from what I've read I've done everything correctly and others have gotten this to work. I have the phone in disk drive mode.

Any suggestions??

rigman
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I don't think you're suppose to be in drive mode. Try in Charge Only mode.

g00s3y
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetruzz View Post
Just got a Dinc, coming from a DX. Trying to root using Unrevoked. I updated the drivers via the instructions on their site and it went fine. Ran Unrevoked and it went through the whole process of rebooting and then I get an error message saying "process failed - is your firmware too new". I have 2.2 and from what I've read I've done everything correctly and others have gotten this to work. I have the phone in disk drive mode.

Any suggestions??
Quote:
The program says “Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware too new?”
If you're on EVO 4G, we've seen this happen with some applications from the market that cause incompatibilities; try uninstalling other apps. If you're on Wildfire, then the message is as it suggests; your firmware is in fact too new, and has the vulnerability that we use to get root patched. Sorry.
http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...lic/unrevoked3
Sprint HTC One - Rooted & Unlocked
Sprint Moto X - Rooted & Unlocked

wpbear
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I got 2 refurb DX last week and rooted no problem. I think I was using unrevoked v3.3

One thing I hate about Windows though is that every time a different device (even though same model requiring same drivers) is plugged in it takes 15 min to install all the drivers again. Why can't windows see an ADR6300 and use the last driver install??????
Current Devices:

LG G Pad 8.3 Black - CM11
Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB Blue and Brown (Both CleanROM 7)
Rooted Droid Bionic - CM10.1
Droid INC 4G LTE - CM11
Galaxy Nexus Verizon 4G - Shiny Rom

Retired: Original DInc CM9, Nook Color: KANG CM7 flashed to EMMC, Rooted Droid Razr Purple 16GB
Sold: Transformer Infinity w/dock - CleanROMiX

Invite for Online Storage & File Sync With DROPBOX