Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bluetooth keyboard for Verizon SGT?

OP HadDaddy

9th January 2011, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Is there a bluetooth keyboard out there that will work on a Verizon SGT? Please help

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
9th January 2011, 02:48 AM   |  #2  
carlsbad0331's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
I just bought a Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard for $29.95 at Frys Electronics today that pairedd perfectly with my SGT (T-Mo) and works perfectly well.
I dont see any reason why it would not work with all SGT's.
The thing I like most is it is small enough to fit in the Pelican case that I have for my SGT. I just cut the foam in half, removed the foam for the keyboard and now have a 2 layer foam cushion for the keyboard and SGT.
9th January 2011, 07:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Well Verizon apparently went into the tab and deleted some bluetooth drivers so it will pair with devices but will not connect. I was just wondering if someone out there got a keyboard to work with their Verizon tab? If they did I would buy it in a heartbeat. Thanks though for replying

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
9th January 2011, 06:43 PM   |  #4  
carlsbad0331's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Sorry about that, I had not read any of the Verizon BT threads since I am with T-Mo.
I just dont get why service providers do this... If the manufacturer enables something, leave it alone.
9th January 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I agree 100% my friend. I'm hoping someone will find something that will work. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
9th January 2011, 09:00 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
I posted on the Verizon Community Forum and a Moderator said they were aware of the "issue" and were looking into it. The post is now gone. The thread may disappear too. It is a shame that they decided to remove the feature. I hope a solution is found too.
12th January 2011, 05:22 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 444
 
1,018 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsbad0331

I just bought a Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard for $29.95 at Frys Electronics today that pairedd perfectly with my SGT (T-Mo) and works perfectly well.
I dont see any reason why it would not work with all SGT's.
The thing I like most is it is small enough to fit in the Pelican case that I have for my SGT. I just cut the foam in half, removed the foam for the keyboard and now have a 2 layer foam cushion for the keyboard and SGT.

sounds interesting. could u post up a picture please?
14th January 2011, 03:06 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Check Brando's website out. They have a bluetooth keyboard/leather case combo for $59. Not sure it will work for the Verizon Tab.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
15th January 2011, 04:34 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
592 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantf44

Check Brando's website out. They have a bluetooth keyboard/leather case combo for $59. Not sure it will work for the Verizon Tab.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

It will not. There's no HID driver. Without that, no bluetooth keyboard will work.
15th January 2011, 01:55 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber

It will not. There's no HID driver. Without that, no bluetooth keyboard will work.

If it's due to a lack of drivers, would it not be possible to just copy the drivers from a model that has them?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes