Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth keyboard for Verizon SGT?

Tip us?

HadDaddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth keyboard for Verizon SGT?

Is there a bluetooth keyboard out there that will work on a Verizon SGT? Please help

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

carlsbad0331
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I just bought a Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard for $29.95 at Frys Electronics today that pairedd perfectly with my SGT (T-Mo) and works perfectly well.
I dont see any reason why it would not work with all SGT's.
The thing I like most is it is small enough to fit in the Pelican case that I have for my SGT. I just cut the foam in half, removed the foam for the keyboard and now have a 2 layer foam cushion for the keyboard and SGT.
T-Mo G2X
Rooted
CWM
Waiting patiently for CM7

T-Mo Samsung Galaxy Tab
Rooted
Overcome ROM

HadDaddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well Verizon apparently went into the tab and deleted some bluetooth drivers so it will pair with devices but will not connect. I was just wondering if someone out there got a keyboard to work with their Verizon tab? If they did I would buy it in a heartbeat. Thanks though for replying

carlsbad0331
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Sorry about that, I had not read any of the Verizon BT threads since I am with T-Mo.
I just dont get why service providers do this... If the manufacturer enables something, leave it alone.
T-Mo G2X
Rooted
CWM
Waiting patiently for CM7

T-Mo Samsung Galaxy Tab
Rooted
Overcome ROM

HadDaddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I agree 100% my friend. I'm hoping someone will find something that will work. Thanks again.

flsts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I posted on the Verizon Community Forum and a Moderator said they were aware of the "issue" and were looking into it. The post is now gone. The thread may disappear too. It is a shame that they decided to remove the feature. I hope a solution is found too.

ayman07
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsbad0331 View Post
I just bought a Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard for $29.95 at Frys Electronics today that pairedd perfectly with my SGT (T-Mo) and works perfectly well.
I dont see any reason why it would not work with all SGT's.
The thing I like most is it is small enough to fit in the Pelican case that I have for my SGT. I just cut the foam in half, removed the foam for the keyboard and now have a 2 layer foam cushion for the keyboard and SGT.
sounds interesting. could u post up a picture please?

If i have helped you, dont hesitate to hit the thanks button

Grantf44
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Check Brando's website out. They have a bluetooth keyboard/leather case combo for $59. Not sure it will work for the Verizon Tab.

markgamber
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantf44 View Post
Check Brando's website out. They have a bluetooth keyboard/leather case combo for $59. Not sure it will work for the Verizon Tab.

It will not. There's no HID driver. Without that, no bluetooth keyboard will work.

dugg67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
It will not. There's no HID driver. Without that, no bluetooth keyboard will work.
If it's due to a lack of drivers, would it not be possible to just copy the drivers from a model that has them?