(MINI REVIEW POSTED)SlipGrip Car Windshield holder for TMOUS HD2 w/ Otterbox Defender

Search This thread

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
A coworker has one of these SlipGrip mounts for his iPhone - he SWEARS by it. My Otterbox Defender for my TMOUS HD2 is on the way and I realized that my current mounting solution simply isn't going to fit.

I found the SlipGrip for the HD2 in Otterbox Defender for TMOUS on Ebay, just ordered one. I'll post a mini-review when I get it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SlipGrip-OtterB...Accessories&hash=item5d2b63c2be#ht_2726wt_905

Last edited:

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Sorry no photos at the moment, I'm at work and just got a moment to breathe.

The mount itself is made of Kydex, same material a lot of form-fitting handgun holsters are made of. It has just enough flex to it that you don't have to worry about the "clip" that the phone snaps into breaking after having used it many times. It has cutouts for the camera, for the speaker and for the flash. Turn your phone sideways, turn on the camcorder and use it as a dash-cam to document your trips! Use your GPS in landscape mode without the speaker's volume being blocked by the mount.

I have a number of handgun holsters made of the same material - this stuff simply doesn't break. It's tough, it's rough, and made to last.

The flex mount is EXTREMELY sturdy, and the suction cup to hold the mount to the window is top notch.

Sorry I couldn't go into more detail - my time is limited, but I can say that this was definitely a worthwhile purchase!

EL_REY666

Sep 4, 2010
that is totally cool as hell...

do u think they would have one that atattches to like the AC vents?
i really dont wantt o have my hd2 all the way up on the windshield esp since i use it like my ipod and have about 1300 songs on it..
plus id like to use it as gps but id like to have it closer to me