Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP 2.1+] Battery Monitor Widget 3.0

Tip us?

3c
Old
(Last edited by 3c; 7th July 2014 at 01:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1060

DONATE TO ME
Talking [APP 2.1+] Battery Monitor Widget 3.0

The most complete tool to manage your battery: Shows historical data (%, mA, mW, mV and temperature), calculates estimated run-times and battery aging, helps calibrate battery, and improves your battery run-time.

NB:
◊ Please check app status tab for monitoring status and mA/mAh data source
◊ The app displays the % remaining, voltage and temperature data reported by Android OS
◊ Android 4.4 (KitKat): Battery statistics require a rooted device
◊ Requires INTERNET permission to download external notification icons

► Pro version has all features unlocked and no ads
◊ Wide (2x1) and graphic (2x1, 3x1, 4x1) widgets
◊ Export data to System Tuner Pro
◊ Update battery capacity based on measured data
◊ Keep information of unlimited number of batteries (2 in free)
◊ Add history markers manually or automatically on boot, ROM/kernel/battery changes
► Pro version has all features unlocked and no ads

► Display all information using great looking graphics, fully scrollable and zoomable.

► Use additional packages to show great looking icons in notification bar

► Display historical graphics or battery data on your home screen using widgets of various sizes!

► Triggers alarm based on any battery data

► Manually resets battery statistics on rooted phone

► Calculate remaining time while unplugged or charging (AC/USB/Wireless)

► Calculate actual battery capacity (mAh)

► Support multiple batteries

► Support Motorola Defy/Atrix 1% reporting

► Online help accessible from app

► Export data to System Tuner Pro to analyze which process is responsible for battery drain!

◊ Lowest battery consumption on the market: https://plus.google.com/b/1069246816...6-4207a7dcba36

Issues with current mA or capacity mAh?

Please mention this in a support request from app settings, help and support so we can provide the appropriate option to use in 'mA retrieval method' of battery / monitoring settings and add out-of-the-box support for your device. All necessary information is provided in the request's attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-08-16-59-29.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	2643774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-58-43.png
Views:	888
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	2643775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-12-35-43.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	2643776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-08-08-42-22.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	2643777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-08-08-41-05.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	2643782  

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-59-05.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	2643783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-12-20-00.png
Views:	657
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	2643784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-12-08-11.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	2643785  
If I helped you, remember to press the Thanks button!

[ Web ] 3c

The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3c
Old
(Last edited by 3c; 12th March 2011 at 09:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1060

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Battery Consumption

Here is some screenshots to show how much CPU (battery) the app is consuming!

cpu_freq: shows CPU frequency over time, mostly 245MHz, and as everything will be slower this obviously increase CPU times

It also shows BMW used 10.94 seconds on a 6 hours time-frame, eg 0.05% overall consumption... @245Mhz!

charging: compares charging (actually full battery) and non-charging time, obviously BMW consumes more when phone is fully charged and plugged, something to improve

Confirms the 0.05% overall consumption (1.22% * 4.15%)

sleep_mode: phone sleeping, screen off... 0.018% consumption! though the 2 peaks are strange, not sure I switched on the phone or not... Recording phone state will be very usefull
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cpu_freq.jpg
Views:	7588
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	540436   Click image for larger version

Name:	sleep_mode.jpg
Views:	6729
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	540438   Click image for larger version

Name:	charging.jpg
Views:	6695
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	540439   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP201103122216.jpg
Views:	6134
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	540824  

[ Web ] 3c

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

worwig
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It does not read the current on a Samsung Fascinate.
Is it only for Motorola?

3c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by worwig View Post
It does not read the current on a Samsung Fascinate.
Is it only for Motorola?
As far as I know it works for all HTC and Motorola, but it seems most Samsung phones don't get current data at all when based on stock ROM.

My wife has a Samsung S and it gets only estimated values, you're getting the same?

If you get a steady 0mA, there might be hopes, as it means the app found a file that should contain the data but it's either empty or not populated with expected data.

If so let me know and if you have some time to investigate we might find a solution.

[ Web ] 3c

worwig
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccounotte View Post
As far as I know it works for all HTC and Motorola, but it seems most Samsung phones don't get current data at all when based on stock ROM.

My wife has a Samsung S and it gets only estimated values, you're getting the same?

If you get a steady 0mA, there might be hopes, as it means the app found a file that should contain the data but it's either empty or not populated with expected data.

If so let me know and if you have some time to investigate we might find a solution.
It is always 0. But I found out later in the day it does go to about 162ma when plugged in. Then back to 0 when un plugged.

Let me know how I can help.

grooltor
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Hi dude.
Yesterday I bought BMW Pro from the Market. I really liked the free version, so I decided you deserved some bucks
However, I have a problem with graph widgets: they "die" after a while!
Let me explain this better: I use 2 graph widgets (one for available% and one for mA), but they stop updating after some time. In addition, when I click on them (therefore going to the main app), I don't have "Widget Preferences" under settings anymore for that specific widget!
I use even a third widget, the "standard" one, but this fortunately keeps on updating and giving me access to "Widget Preferences" in settings.
My device is HTC Desire, running a Desire Z (G2) ROM port, therefore using latest 2.2.1 Sense UI (1.72 WWE base, just for info). I really don't think it's ROM or device related, however.
Maybe you could look into this to find where's the problem?
Thanks in advance.

dsMA
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This looks and sounds like a really cool battery widget. The only thing missing seems to be an estimation of how much time is remaining on the battery. Izkata (from this forum) creator of Battery Diviner has developed some algorithms used in monitoring and thus estimating how much time is left on your battery. Here is a link to his thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11#post9490211

It would be awesome if the two of you could get together and produce a combined app that utilized your graphics and low cpu overhead with his algorithms.

toogoody
Old
(Last edited by toogoody; 17th January 2011 at 09:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
On Motorola Defy I only get estimated mA. Does this mean this phone is not supported ?

3c
Old
(Last edited by 3c; 17th January 2011 at 01:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toogoody View Post
On Motorola Defy I only get estimated mA. Does this mean this phone is not supported ?
Getting only estimates means no known system files have been found by the app... So your phone is not supported (hopefully yet) Please read post #2 for a way to help get your phone supported if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by worwig View Post
It is always 0. But I found out later in the day it does go to about 162ma when plugged in. Then back to 0 when un plugged.
Let me know how I can help.
Do you get anything but 162mA during charge (on AC and USB) ?

When 0 is reported that usually means the app found a known file to report the mA, but there might be other kown file present in your phone that would contain the actual data... Every manufacturer seem to use different battery driver reporting data in different files!

Please use post #2 to start investigating and looking at those systems files content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooltor View Post
Hi dude.
Yesterday I bought BMW Pro from the Market. I really liked the free version, so I decided you deserved some bucks
However, I have a problem with graph widgets: they "die" after a while!
This will be solved in an upcoming update later this evening, as the code as changed quite a lot to improve memory/cpu usage, it actually broke the update flow of the graphic widgets.

Thanks for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsMA View Post
This looks and sounds like a really cool battery widget. The only thing missing seems to be an estimation of how much time is remaining on the battery. Izkata (from this forum) creator of Battery Diviner has developed some algorithms used in monitoring and thus estimating how much time is left on your battery. Here is a link to his thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11#post9490211

It would be awesome if the two of you could get together and produce a combined app that utilized your graphics and low cpu overhead with his algorithms.
Will indeed be a great idea...

Though I'd like to improve some areas first but those are quite toughs:
- better mA estimates for phone without data
- investigating phones without mA data
- further lowering cpu overhead

[ Web ] 3c

The Following User Says Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dsMA
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am happy to hear that you thought my idea of a combined app was a good one.

Just after I posted my previous comment in your thread I went over to his and made a very similar posting. His response to me was that he would prefer to keep the apps separate so that each of you can concentrate on what you know how to do best, but came up with this very interesting alternative idea that I am very support of:
Originally Posted by Izkata

EDIT: There might be a way for ccounotte's app and mine to "talk" to each other, probably through intents, so we can each do what we do best, without creating a collaborated app. For example, the Battery Monitor Widget can request current prediction information, which the Battery Diviner would calculate and return, then ccounotte can display it to the user.

Again let me say that this idea sounds really awesome. idk if you have pmed him but I would highly encourage you to do so so.

The Following User Says Thank You to dsMA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery, widget