FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Custom Rom for Flipside??

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By garduno.cris, Junior Member on 9th January 2011, 08:24 PM
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there a custom rom out there somewhere for the Motorola Flipside? I have the phone and I hate motorola blur, Is there something like AOSP. Something simple and fast?

9th January 2011, 10:58 PM |#2  
Flag Brooklyn, New York
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I don't think anyone has cooked up a custom ROM for the Flipside. The phone's not really supported and known by most people. Everything is for higher end Android phones.

I have ADW EX on my Captivate over a ROM, and put it on my girlfriends Flipside. It's definitely a step up because of the animations, themes and options with the launcher. Honestly... Motoblur is hideous.
The Following User Says Thank You to ErebusRaze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2011, 02:45 AM |#3  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 430

More
The Flipside runs pretty well if your root it and remove the AT&T stuff. I use LauncherPro as my home app.

Edit: don't add your social networks as Blur accounts. Use the Android FB widget and other apps to access that info.
Last edited by marvin02; 13th January 2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: fix typo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2011, 08:34 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
+1 for ADW Launcher, between that and removing most of the motoblur / AT&T stuff with Titanium Backup the interface gets much better. I'm sad that I'm still stuck with the motoblur contacts/dialer, but at least I was able to use the modded messaging app from Cyanogen 5.
31st January 2011, 06:53 PM |#5  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakageta

+1 for ADW Launcher, between that and removing most of the motoblur / AT&T stuff with Titanium Backup the interface gets much better. I'm sad that I'm still stuck with the motoblur contacts/dialer, but at least I was able to use the modded messaging app from Cyanogen 5.

Try Dialer One. Very nice free dialer.
The Following User Says Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2011, 01:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Thanks for the suggestion, that's almost exactly what I was looking for.
8th March 2011, 05:52 AM |#7  

More
how are the devices working out with just all the att stuff removed
Moto Mouth
27th March 2011, 08:45 PM |#8  

More
Being edited for accuracy...
Last edited by Moto Mouth; 10th May 2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: edited for accruacy
29th March 2011, 12:27 PM |#9  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I wanted to install a custom rom for my sisters flipside, cause she was impressed with the way my G1 looked.

It's not a terrible phone, so long as I can remove all the AT&T crap.
27th April 2011, 07:55 AM |#10  
Flag Sugarhouse, UT
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Ok everyone. beings that there is not a custom rom for the flipside yet. what say you about looking at some roms from the backflip and seeing if therre is a way to port them through to the flipside?

As the flipside i have in my hands is kinda a loner from my niece as i am trying to hook it up fpor her the best i can. there really is not alot of options out there for this.

As i run an xperia x10 this is just something to play with for me a few days a week if that.

but am willing to work on some roms if someone can point me in the right direction of what i might need to modify.

SErooted
2nd May 2011, 08:36 PM |#11  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SErooted

Ok everyone. beings that there is not a custom rom for the flipside yet. what say you about looking at some roms from the backflip and seeing if therre is a way to port them through to the flipside?

As the flipside i have in my hands is kinda a loner from my niece as i am trying to hook it up fpor her the best i can. there really is not alot of options out there for this.

As i run an xperia x10 this is just something to play with for me a few days a week if that.

but am willing to work on some roms if someone can point me in the right direction of what i might need to modify.

SErooted

If you're really determined, you can visit Cyanogen's forum, and I'm sure people there will direct you.

The only really big downside to the Flipside is its screen resolution. Otherwise, it's a pretty up to date photo.

Read More
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, custom, motorola flipside, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread