Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Rom for Flipside??

Tip us?

garduno.cris
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Custom Rom for Flipside??

Is there a custom rom out there somewhere for the Motorola Flipside? I have the phone and I hate motorola blur, Is there something like AOSP. Something simple and fast?

ErebusRaze
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I don't think anyone has cooked up a custom ROM for the Flipside. The phone's not really supported and known by most people. Everything is for higher end Android phones.

I have ADW EX on my Captivate over a ROM, and put it on my girlfriends Flipside. It's definitely a step up because of the animations, themes and options with the launcher. Honestly... Motoblur is hideous.
The Following User Says Thank You to ErebusRaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marvin02
Old
(Last edited by marvin02; 13th January 2011 at 03:36 AM.) Reason: fix typo
Thanks Meter 413
The Flipside runs pretty well if your root it and remove the AT&T stuff. I use LauncherPro as my home app.

Edit: don't add your social networks as Blur accounts. Use the Android FB widget and other apps to access that info.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Original Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3, LG GPad 7.0 LTE
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bakageta
Old
Thanks Meter 85
+1 for ADW Launcher, between that and removing most of the motoblur / AT&T stuff with Titanium Backup the interface gets much better. I'm sad that I'm still stuck with the motoblur contacts/dialer, but at least I was able to use the modded messaging app from Cyanogen 5.

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakageta View Post
+1 for ADW Launcher, between that and removing most of the motoblur / AT&T stuff with Titanium Backup the interface gets much better. I'm sad that I'm still stuck with the motoblur contacts/dialer, but at least I was able to use the modded messaging app from Cyanogen 5.
Try Dialer One. Very nice free dialer.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Original Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3, LG GPad 7.0 LTE
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

The Following User Says Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bakageta
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Thanks for the suggestion, that's almost exactly what I was looking for.

junebug2425
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how are the devices working out with just all the att stuff removed

Moto Mouth
Old
(Last edited by Moto Mouth; 10th May 2011 at 07:27 AM.) Reason: edited for accruacy
Thanks Meter 8
Being edited for accuracy...

Dukenukemx
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I wanted to install a custom rom for my sisters flipside, cause she was impressed with the way my G1 looked.

It's not a terrible phone, so long as I can remove all the AT&T crap.

SErooted
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Ok everyone. beings that there is not a custom rom for the flipside yet. what say you about looking at some roms from the backflip and seeing if therre is a way to port them through to the flipside?

As the flipside i have in my hands is kinda a loner from my niece as i am trying to hook it up fpor her the best i can. there really is not alot of options out there for this.

As i run an xperia x10 this is just something to play with for me a few days a week if that.

but am willing to work on some roms if someone can point me in the right direction of what i might need to modify.

SErooted

Tags
aosp, custom, motorola flipside, rom