Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile UK has Lost Their Mind

Tip us?

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA - OP
Thanks Meter 4,837
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Default T-Mobile UK has Lost Their Mind

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-a...t=DATA_CHANGES

Quote:
Changes to Mobile Internet fair use policies

T-Mobile is the only operator to give customers the Mobile Internet for a fixed-price. We never charge our customer's more than they expect for their Mobile Internet in the UK.

Therefore you'll never need to worry about how many emails you've sent, how long you've been on-line or the ‘data / GB’s’

Browsing means looking at websites and checking email, but not watching videos, downloading files or playing games. We’ve got a fair use policy but ours means that you'll always be able to browse the internet, it’s only when you go over the fair use amount that you won’t be able to download, stream and watch video clips.

So Whats Changing? - From 1st February 2011 we will be aligning our fair use policies so our mobile internet service will have fair use of 500MB.

What Does This Mean? - We’ll always let you email and browse the internet and you’ll never pay more than you agree to. We do have a fair use policy but ours is there to make sure we deliver the best service possible to all our customers. This means that you’ll always be able to browse the internet.

So remember our Mobile Broadband and internet on your phone service is best used for browsing which means looking at your favorite websites like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, BBC News and more, checking your email and looking for information, but not watching videos or downloading files.

If you want to download, stream and watch video clips, save that stuff for your home broadband.
It looks like T-Mobile UK decided that their new year's resolution would be to get rid of all of their customers...

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

HTC One (M8)
ROM: Stock, unrooted (1.57.531.7)
Radio: 1.16.21331931
HBOOT: Locked (S-ON)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hazard99
Old
(Last edited by hazard99; 10th January 2011 at 05:08 PM.) Reason: removed a word
Thanks Meter 75
I Don't get it. A lot of these streaming services have fee's attached to them which i understand. What I don't understand is why double charge for the service and the connection.

I think that it would be harmful to all the companies that thrive from these types of use. The only way I would justify this is if we away with the high cost of talk plans. I do not want to be forced into some overpriced talk plan when I do most of my talking via the web.
samsung blackjack
Apple iphone 1
Htc G1
Htc Hd2
Samsung Vibrant
Lg g2x
Samsung gs2
Nexus 4

android is passion

synaesthetic
Old
Thanks Meter 58
in before xda hacks a way around it.

xaccers
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Only a tiny percentage of mobile phone customers use more than 500MB a month.
Rather than cut off internet access completely, they'll still allow web and email, just no heavy use types.

Tarriffs seem completely different in the US from what people have posted too.

Over here it's normal if you're on a contract to always pay just the contract fee, due to the free minutes/texts/internet included.
The knack is to work out how much you use, how much that would cost, and pick a tarriff which costs less but gives you the same use.

All operators are bringing in or have brought in a 500MB a month AUP, they'd be crazy not to as any network that doesn't will be swamped by all the heavy users.
Meanwhile all the low and medium users will benefit through the freed up bandwitdh.

Probably posted while on the loo

"Many phenomena — wars, plagues, sudden audits — have been advanced as evidence for the hidden hand of Satan in the affairs of man, but whenever students of demonology get together the M25 London orbital motorway is generally agreed to be among the top contenders for exhibit A."

hazard99
Old
Thanks Meter 75
So what about all these new so called services. I mean this isnt just one company its all of them.

How can att support the atrix and data. While docked it uses a full web browser. Thats gotta consume way more data.
samsung blackjack
Apple iphone 1
Htc G1
Htc Hd2
Samsung Vibrant
Lg g2x
Samsung gs2
Nexus 4

android is passion

EpiphanyMachine
Old
Thanks Meter 33
3 UK has done the opposite. I have the carrier and I have been happy with their plans. I brought my Nexus One from the US (ATT Bands) and have happily been using unlimited skype, 2gb data, 300 mins, 3000 txt and more for only £15 / mo with monthly contracts.

T-Mobile almost got my business with the 3GB plan, but wanted me to buy an android device from them to qualify for it!

bemymonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Well that sucks. Are there bigger (more expensive) plans available?

All the cheap prepaid carriers here in Germany are offering 5GB, which seems to be becoming the norm. I figured the rest of the world would be following suit...?

xan_asmodi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is completely removing the reason I joined T-Mobile in the first place.
T-Mobile are turning my smartphone dumb!
"Another great idea from the People that brought you Beeeeeeeer Milkshakes!"

James McMinn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
T-Moblie have always had terrible customer support, and this has just tipped me over the edge. They're losing me as a customer.

raziel123
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Default T-Mobiles Internet cap

Guys does this cap effect Recent T-Mobile plans only?

I'm asking because I've had my Unlimited Data, Internet package with T-Mobile for over 8 Months now ...

regards
Latest device :HTC One M7 MaximusHD 42 Snapdragon 600

Kernel : ElementalX 16

settings 384 mhz to 1.5 ghz, On-Demand Governor, GPU throttling off, Run cool thermal setting

Old device : Galaxy S2 sold! Xperia S Sold! Xperia SP Sold! S3 I9305 sold! Xperia Z1 sold!