[ROM][Huawei u8300] Adrenalin 2.3.5 RC1 Gingerbread 2.3.5
Adrenalin 2.3.5 UPDATE 3
As usual, i'm not responsible for any damage you can do to your phone using my rom...
If you want to modify the rom to improve it it's ok, just give me credits
This rom is getting me busy for a lot of time, this because I needed to learn a lot on android, I don't want donation, I just want a reply with a thanks
kernel is 2.6.29-perf, Cyanogenmod 7 Based (Gingerbread 2.3.5), overclock is supported (710 mhz max)
- FM not working
- Wired headset not working during calls
- Wifi tethering is not working with built in method (settings -> wireless), but works well with the app from the market "wireless tether for root users"
- Camera is now working (thanks slk77) but buttons are not correctly skinned, minor bug
- Qrcode apps not working
- Usb thetering not working due to kernel limitation
The main problem for keyboard is that there are different versions around of this phone with different keyboards...
In order to gain the same characters mapping as before you need to move back from the original rom the file named qwerty.kcm.bin located under system/usr/keychars in the same folder of the new rom.
The file that is now packed in the rom is the one from the italian version of u8300 that should be ok for european users. Other keyboard versions need their own file from the old eclair rom.
I'm packing some of the keyboard layout to help you with this, they are in form of zip update, flash them after
the rom and remember to fix permissions!
- Thai keyboard update:
- Swedish keyboard update:
- Greek Keyboard update:
- Polish keyboard update:
- Portuguese and italian apostrophe patch keyboard update:
PREPARE YOUR PHONE
- Root the phone with z4root
- Install rom manager from market
- Install the custom recovery from rom manager, choose huawei ascend recovery
- Reboot into recovery and do a full backup of your current rom
INSTALL ADRENALIN ROM
n.b.: If you are coming from a previous adrenalin rom version I suggest you to wipe data and do a fresh install to avoid problems like bootloop or Force closes.
- Put the file Adrenalin.2.3.5.RC1.update3 into the root of your sd card and reboot the phone in recovery mode
- Choose wipe data/factory reset from the menu
- Choose "install zip from sdcard" and select Adrenalin.2.3.5.RC1.update3 from the menu, go on with the process
- Once done, reboot the phone and do the first boot, it should take 3/4 minutes
- Reboot the phone once again in recovery mode and again choose "install zip from sdcard", but this time select patches.zip and go on with the process
- Once done, do not reboot, but select "advanced" and then "fix permissions", it should take a minute or less
- Reboot and you are done
(deprecated, use 1.4 below instead)
(Fix for wireless tether, deprecated, use 1.4 below instead)
(Fix keyboard backlight, many thanks to marlodavampire, deprecated, use 1.4 below instead)
(Fix softkeyboard problem and pin screen reboot, we don't need anymore nullkeyboard app, many thanks to marlodavampire)
- Another nice LDPI theme: (the one from screenshots) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=983997
Download links for stock firmwares:
Modded drivers and software: