Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Weird charging problems

OP Schooleydoo

11th January 2011, 11:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag St Albans
Thanks Meter: 0

250 posts
More
On a few occasions now I have plugged it in to charge overnight, to find that it has not charged, or only part charged. The LED starts blinking as it should, but the next morning it is still blinking and only gone up, say 10%.

Also on occasion, I plug it in to charge and although the LED blinks, the battery icon does not change to reflect that it is now charging.

Has anyone else had similar problems or, as I suspect, do I have a defective unit?
11th January 2011, 11:29 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,647

6,074 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have only charged and walked away from my device once (that I can remember) and for whatever reason it either failed to charge or was just charging stupidly slow. I ended up unplugging booting the device and plugging it back in again where it proceeded to charge normally.

Not sure if this is similar to what you describe but it is a strange behaviour while charging even if I have only come across it once so far.
12th January 2011, 11:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag St Albans

250 posts
More
Well, there's not much chance of getting a replacement any time soon, so I will just cross my fingers that it needs "running in". Will try rebooting also.

Thanks.
12th January 2011, 04:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

58 posts
There are reports of this issue happening, indeed its just happened to me!

Youre not alone and afaik its not a defective device. If i find more info ill let you know

Rgds

Lok
13th January 2011, 08:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag Derby, UK
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
More
Cool
I can only charge mine effectively if I turn the Vega off, if not if charges for a while but then the light just goes out. If the Vega is off it charges fine.

There has been a lot of talk about the sub-standard chargers over at MoDaCo, I keep meaning to try and get a new regulated charger from somewhere and try that.

Maybe this weekend.
15th January 2011, 08:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag St Albans

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyHamster

I can only charge mine effectively if I turn the Vega off, if not if charges for a while but then the light just goes out. If the Vega is off it charges fine.

Well spotted, now I turn it off before plugging it in, it works fine.

Another annoyance is my screen brightness reverting to default after every boot. I have to go into settings and although the adjustment bar is at max, have to re-set it to max for it to apply. Anyone else?!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread