Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UrukDroid (Android) - developers ONLY thread

Tip us?

cheefy
Old
(Last edited by cheefy; 15th January 2011 at 11:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'm sorry i can't download from dropbox because its blocked. the script could be finished today but i'm not sure if its working without any complaints because we can only do it while system is running. Do you see any chances to call the script in the your startup so rootfs is mounted but most of the programs not yet started?

I will try to compile the interactive governor today, i think it should make the system much more snappy especially when waking form standby.

P.S: which gcc version did you use to compile the kernel?

chrulri
Old
Thanks Meter 275

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by $aur0n View Post
Those con's are temporary - will be solved.
how will they get solved?

Quote:
If you want - you can play with Uruk - it's open
So I'll give it a try

Quote:
And what with this DVB support - have you check it?
not yet, but I think soon I have to test with urukdroid as more and more users switch to that rom

Quote:
What DVB-T device is best now to buy for Linux/Archos (support/price)?
check out the linuxtv listing and decide on your own: DVB-T USB Devices
If you'd include all dvb-t drivers (including the two I've backmerged: kernel_*.patch + linux.config) and the firmware binaries (*.fw) everybody should be happy

$aur0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefy View Post
I'm sorry i can't download from dropbox because its blocked.
Try this urls:
http://adrian.siemieniak.net/UrukDro...tramfs.cpio.gz
http://adrian.siemieniak.net/UrukDroid/trunk/zImage

Quote:
the script could be finished today but i'm not sure if its working without any complaints because we can only do it while system is running. Do you see any chances to call the script in the your startup so rootfs is mounted but most of the programs not yet started?
Yes I do - I'll do some upgrade script and perhaps autoupdate during initramfs step. But that's not yet on my desk.

Quote:
I will try to compile the interactive governor today, i think it should make the system much more snappy especially when waking form standby.
What is interactive governor? There is no such thing in kernel...

ps. gcc is cross compiler from Android - it's called ndk (as I recall)

HerrieMan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Please reformat your HD
/dev/sda1 - vfat, all free space
/dev/sda2 - ext4, rootfs (512MB)
/dev/sda3 - ext4, /data (1GB)
That partitioning makes sense, I guess the stock (and urukdroid's ?) usb-mounter piece of software is fixed to use the /dev/block/sda1 partition, am i right ?
About the mounting of /data, in my current setup I think this is mounted on my sda1 partition, since it's a normal sub-dir of my root partition.
In your init.rc i see you try to do this:
mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk2p2 /data noatime
But this block device is not present on my A70H so it fails.
Thinking about this, what is the use of making this a separate partition ? would a setup as follows:
  • /dev/block/sda1 vfat, 248G size, mounted as /mnt/storage
  • /dev/block/sda2 ext4, 2G size, mounted as / and including the /data dir
not also be a good solution ?

chrulri
Old
Thanks Meter 275

DONATE TO ME
I think your dropbox files has been downloaded too many times
I always get a HTTP 509 Bandwidth Error
https://www.dropbox.com/help/45

cheefy
Old
(Last edited by cheefy; 15th January 2011 at 11:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
yes its not in the archos kernel yet. the governors are methods how to clock the cpu in different situations dynamically. The preinstalled ones (conservative,performance,ondemand) all depend on the cpu load. if the loads higher than the threshold its clocking up.
the interactive is a quite fresh thing built buy an android dev, adapted by nadlabak for Cyanogen and now standard in most cyanogen mods.
it depends on the workqueue and on some events as for example, when the device wakes up the cpufreq goes to max an then clocks down slowly depending on the workqueue. so it does not wait for cpu load to increase, i predicts the cpuload by looking at the workqueue. works great on my milestone and i love to try on the archos.

but i dont get the compiler working. my make tells me it has no rules to build a config and that theres nothing to do for job "all" i dont get it compiled..

the ndk is for compiling apk, but i need to compile a kernel module...

HerrieMan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
One more question, when I reformat my hd and use /dev/block/sda2 as root, do I need to make any configuration changes ? or does the system automagically recognize my root is on another partition ?

chrulri
Old
Thanks Meter 275

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefy View Post
but i dont get the compiler working. my make tells me it has no rules to build a config and that theres nothing to do for job "all" i dont get it compiled..
@$aur0n do you really use the NDK compiler but not the archos gen8 compiler? take a look: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=891056

cheefy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This was what i was searching for. Instructions how-to build a kernel module. you don't find it in the whole web. I'm working through it..

Kashban
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Wasn't able to test this yet because my UrukDroid (0.3) is acting up again.

Froze right after the launcher came up, then I tried to renew rootfs which leads to no boot at all (black screen on boot). I flashed 0.4 and renewed rootfs again without formatting it -> same result.

After formatting rootfs and untar'ing on to it it'll boot again, but now is like fresh installation: All custom apps crash and it's doing the installation wizard again.

I'm going to switch over to the internal /data partition, I guess, the file system on the sd card /data is corrupt somehow.

Not sure why this always happens, overclocking or not.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM11) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM 11) - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte - Huawei Ideox X3 (Stock rooted) - Sony XPeria J (4.1.2, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2), Samsung Galaxy Gea 1 (null_23)

Tags
android, archos, gen8, urukdroid