[ROM] Gingerbread-2.3.4 (Codename Phoenix, released on 2011-10-20)
This is a unofficial ROM of gingerbread for use in LG-P500 mobile devices.
NO Support by LG and after flashing you can't connect with this ROM to the LG PC-Suite for updates. If you want update a original firmware, u have to flash
a original ROM deployed by LG.
Please, do not ask when i release a build. If a build is ready to test, i upload the ROM and you'll see a download link in THIS post.
For general questions, please look here
Current state of Gingerbread ROM by andy572 (Version 2.3.4 Codename Phoenix)
previous rom for download based on CM7 has been removed, i dont support the latest rom from now.
* light text color bug fixed
* gallery3D app: pinch to zoom fixed
* gallery3D app: loading a bit slow - fixed
* kernel: wifi not working, kernel module is broken - fixed
* kernel: kernel doesnt support clear ram feature in settings - fixed
* expanded statusbar bugs fixed
* new lockscreen implemented
* modified gps.conf
* modified apns-conf.xml
* network provider search fixed
* contact import from sim card fixed
* crash in contacts app fixed (app was FC'ing when swipe over the tabs on the top)
Very known bugs
- If no default ringtone is choosen in settings menu, android choose one for u and change this randomly
- FM Radio and USB-/WiFi theasering not working (maybe with 3rd party apps)
- strong pixelation/color banding issues in wallpapers and picture gallery app
- Airplane-, Vibrate modes and audio volume settings change gets not detected in expanded statusbar view toggles
- rom is only working with old baseband and clockwork mod recovery
1.) Install ClockwordMod Recovery, old AmonRA isnt supported anymore.
2.) Flash the ROM file
3.) If you're coming from any other than THIS rom, YOU NEED TO DO A COMPLETE WIPE before reboot!!!
http://www.phoenix-android.com (Android 2.3.4 Phoenix)
The new rom is based on CodeAurora's Android Gingerbread, CM7 and android open source code (2.3.4 and 2.3.5).
Many thanks to franco
for the cool kernel tips and the funny after work days
Whats next coming?
* Electron Beam feature is causing black screen: FIXED (Feature permanent disabled)
* allow swipe in contacts/phone app on call log
* optimize webkit code
* modify music app
* modify and bugfix launcher app again
* modify and bugfix camera app
* modify and bugfix fm radio app
* fix bluetooth audio
Greets from Munich/Germany