[APP] [1.14 @ 14/Feb/2011] ROM Updater

Tip us?

elegos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Default [APP] [1.14 @ 14/Feb/2011] ROM Updater

Hello!

I've just released on the Market my new ROM Updater!
Differently from koush's ROM Manager, this one is stand-alone repository based, it's freeware and ad-free. It can be easily integrated in your own ROM and it allows you to download full or incremental (if available) updates.

Besides updating your system, it allows you to automatically perform some recovery actions, such as cache/data wipe and backup just clicking on a menu item.

Comments, ideas and donations are welcome

Read more on my website: http://www.elegosproject.org/android-rom-updater
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to elegos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrmatics
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Ok gonna give it a try

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

elegos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
The application reached the version 1.7, a lot of downloads but still no one who use it. I thought it was outstanding (for ROM modders/developers) to have such an instrument for free, but I think I was wrong.

By the way, I've updated the webpage with more content, for example how to automatically create incremental updates. I tried with the latest versions of some ROMs and there is a huge improvement in zip lightweight.

Let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to elegos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elban
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegos View Post
The application reached the version 1.7, a lot of downloads but still no one who use it. I thought it was outstanding (for ROM modders/developers) to have such an instrument for free, but I think I was wrong.
The kind of tool you bravely developed may be considered a bit sensitive, people will need to be sure it is stable before adopting it.
So please hold on because I (and probably many others) think it's the perfect kind of tool for us rom modders and tweakers :)

soccerdon1981
Old
Thanks Meter 0
May I post this over on fascinateforums.com?

I think this is a great tool. Just need to get the word out!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

samo_nz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
you need to get this thing started by including CM nightlies etc without a server needing to be entered, also the title in the program makes it look way to WP7 style..

just some constructive criticisim, no flames please guys:)

Great app always disliked ROM manager for restricting features without paying, I prefer to donate because I like the app not because I have to

PeQuEsan
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Be pacient... Great tool!

elegos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
@elban: test test test test and test again
@soccerdon1981: of course you can Directly link the website ^^
@samo_nz: well, I thought about setting a standard repository, but it's even phone-independent, so if I set one for, i.e., the Nexus One, all the others may dislike it. This is an "unbranded" application, and I've wrote on my website how to "embed" a ROM repository directly in the ROM . As of the title, yeah it sucks, but I can't edit it :P

@all: good news for everyone I've released my incremental.jar (+ sources). This program allows you to create incremental updates with even more options than the PHP one, and should be Windows-compatible too without editing a single bit

taha198
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Great Idea
will give it a try

elegos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
v.1.8 is out

- ROM modders/developers: you don't need to format the ROM name, now it will see the version from the incremental variable, always in the build.prop file. How to say: just implement it, there are no more excuses (more info on the website)

- changed from version 1.7:
-- Tried to fix a null pointer exception (please test)
-- Added incremental.php and incremental.jar (plus sources) in the git repo to automatically build incremental updates starting from *old version* to *new version* unzipped updates
-- Moved common data in a singleton (SharedData class), more comments and readable code

The Following User Says Thank You to elegos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]