Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9000T stuck during boot, can't get root

Tip us?

hmoffatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I9000T stuck during boot, can't get root

I used z4root's temporary root and enabled RyanZA's OCLF but the phone never booted again (stuck at Galaxy S logo, after my carrier's logo.)

"adb logcat" shows that pretty much everything in /data is missing.

I can't get root to investigate much further. I installed update.zip from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728754

which gave me su and busybox, but su just reports "Permission denied" and logcat shows

E/su ( 3315): stat failed with 20: Not a directory
W/su ( 3315): request rejected (2000->0 /system/bin/sh)

(in recovery mode, the stat fails with 2: No such file or directory instead). "su -s /system/xbin/busybox" fails in the same way.

I have /system/app/Superuser.apk, but given that nothing is really running due to the state of /data I don't think that helps. I can't see what's in /data due to not having root though.

any suggestions?

hmoffatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok I have un****ed the phone. I couldn't get RageAgainstTheCage to run (never got a root shell), but the newer KillingInTheNameOf worked.

In /data I found that the lag fix had renamed data, system, app, app-private, dalvik-cache with .old suffixes. The ext2 volume was there but nothing was mounting it on boot. The directories had been replaced with files just containing the text "stump".

For now I nuked the files, renamed the .old directories back to what they should've been, and the phone is working again. (Still no lagfix though.)