My MUST-HAVE text editing app
I am proud to present Need To Write!
It's a text editor unlimited by file sizes and offers a lot of customization and power tools
Completely FREE version can be downloaded here!
Difference between Paid and Free version is mainly in the poweruser options.
Paid version mainly adds lotsa poweruser options ;D
1) Remembers up to 9999 undo/redo operations
2) Control over the End-Of-Line characters (Apple, Unix and Windows tend to handle different End-Of-Line differently when doing plain text editing)
3) Allows user to specify buffer size
4) Allows custom fonts and background images
5) Allows user to customize 6 extra Themes in addition to the built-in 3 Themes.
6) Allows toggling of word wrap
7) Continuous Text to Speech.
8) Automatic backup of multiple files to user specified locations on SD card
1) Remembers just 1 undo/redo operation, plus 1 reset buffer
2) Defaults to Android EOL handling
4) Fixed 10000 buffer size
5) Custom fonts and backgrounds disabled. You can still paint over the existing 3 themes with a solid color though, just adjust your Opacity bar in your themes dialog.
6) Customization of 3 built in Themes.
7) Always wordwrap
8) Text to Speech reads single paragraphs only.
9) Automatic backup of 1 file to user specified location on SD card
Version 1.71 features:
1) A File List, which works like a Bookshelf/Task_list/Recent_files hybrid management system. So basically, you can use it as a Task list, text bookreader, and text file editor as well.
2) Edit mode with unlimited file size, and tracking system to resume your reading/editing progress.
3) HTML mode! Supports non html files as well.
4) Text to Speech! I'm gonna use it to listening to ebooks when my eyes are tired
5) GoTo, Search, Replace, Cut, Copy, and Paste
6) Multiple Undo and Redo with undo history up to 9999(for the full version). Also comes with a sliding bar to easily rewind and fast forward the changes you made.
7) Themes! Customizable display; you can specify your own background images, custom fonts, background and font colors, line spacing, indents etc.
8) Landscape mode
9) EditText view with inertia scrolling, and yet no irritating problems of the view rectangle not being called to show your cursor, nor the rectangle jumping all over the place when you try to place your cursor far away.
10) Toggleable word wrap and autocapitalization (if supported by keyboard app)
11) Specify what End-Of-Line chars for saving your files with.
12) Tons of encoding options from ISO, windows 125_, Cyrillic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.
13) Share your files or just specific lines of selected text via email, bluetooth etc.
14) Automatic backup of files to user specified locations on SD card
15) HTML mode to easily switch between plain text and HTML view
If you like what you see, download now!