[AUDIO] Most of Android ringtones, notification & ui sounds and alarms UPDATED 8/2012

How usually do you change your ringtone or notification sounds?

• Total voters
Search This thread

kanttii

Jul 6, 2010
Helsinki
blissroms.com
[AUDIO] Most of Android ringtones, notification & ui sounds and alarms UPDATED 8/2012

REPOST

I've been collecting the audio files from different phones, ROMs (official & unofficial) and manufacturers for a few months. Now I think I have them all - but if you find more, please notify so I could add them to this package.

Instructions on how to install & use:
1. Download & unarchive to your SDCARD's root folder (with newest 7-Zip)
2. Make sure the folder path is /sdcard/media
3. Now you should be able to use them with for example ringtone picker!
4. Click thanks if you like this pack! :) Thanks for downloading!

DOWNLOAD: Mediafire: bit.ly/androidtones -- Dropbox (might not work): https://goo.gl/ynSYLH
Download here if you want to support me (mediafire link)!

Update 13.11.2015: Repacked to a normal ZIP and uploaded to Mediafire. No new audio files (yet!).
Update 11.8.2012: Added audio files from Boot to Gecko project. Also there WAS A BIG PROBLEM WITH SOME AUDIO FILES - they were corrypted because of my hard drive failure, but I found a backup and now they're working again. Please download again and delete the old files :)
Update 30.1.2012: Added new audio files from many new ROMs for different devices: Runnymede, NotionInk Adam, Dell Streak 7, CM9, ICS MIUI, LG Optimus Black, Original Galaxy Tab, ICS Sense 3.6, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Acer Iconia Smart, Kindle Fire, Transformer Prime, Motorola Defy and some others I don't remember. Thanks to the uploaders of the ROMs and system dumps!
Update 4.4.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to goo.gl/dB9a0 lufc and everyone who uploaded system dumps here!
Update 5.2.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to bypass23 and cvitur1 for the system dump of Optimus 2X!
Update 26.1.2011: For those who have incompatible unarchivers for LZMA2, download the package as ZIP HERE!
Update 2.1.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to benjymous!
Update 12.1.2010: Added new audio files, big thanks to lufc and j101399j!

Details:
- 1518 files total, both mp3 and ogg
- 153 alarm sounds
- 1 alert sound
- 1 boot sound
- 25 camera sounds
- 381 notification sounds
- 826 ringtones
- 112 ui sounds
- 6 LG Electronics base sounds (?)
- Optimus 2X power toggle sound
- 5 indicator sounds (Verizon Extended Roaming Indicator)
- 1 midi (DLS)
- 5 testmode sounds
- Files taken from device ROM's of nearly all manufacturers and the package also has CM and MIUI specific sounds

I usually change my notification sounds & ringtones weekly, so this collection is handy.

Have fun!

Last edited:

PutterPlace

Mar 9, 2009
Thanks a ton for all these sounds. There was a problem extracting a lot of them though (642 files to be exact). WinRAR reports "Unknown method" and 7-Zip reports "Unsupported compression method".

Partial Exceprt from WinRAR Error Log:
Code:
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\2_Step.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\3d_Best_Music_Tone.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\3d_Bomb.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Cool_Effect.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Cute_R2d2.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Helicopter_V.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Mixx_Sms.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Sound.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Stereo.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Windows_7.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_X_Sms.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_1.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_2.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_3.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_4.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_Mix.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_pro.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\Alpha.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Alpha.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Ambience.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Aqua.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Army_Alarm.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Around.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\Ascend.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Auto_Alarm.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Beautiful_3d.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Beeps.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\Bell.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Bell.mp3

EDIT: Apparently, 642 files is not only the total number of files that had problems extracting, but it was the total number of files in the archive. What did you use to compress this archive?

EDIT #2: Forgive my ignorance. Apparently my copy of 7-Zip was a bit outdated (a little while before LZMA2 compression was supported). I updated 7-Zip and all is well now. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gimbie

kanttii

Jul 6, 2010
Helsinki
blissroms.com
For those who can not open :)

I repacked it as a zip, instead of 7z because your unarchivers do not yet support LZMA2 properly - download newest 7-Zip or another which supports it. First post updated, download it as zip from there. I'm uploading it right now so it wouldn't be accessible for 20 mins (you'll get a zero-byte file).

jonid14

Mar 3, 2011
can you upload to another server (mediafire will be great)? i cant download from this one

thx

kanttii

Jul 6, 2010
Helsinki
blissroms.com
can you upload to another server (mediafire will be great)? i cant download from this one

thx
You need to press the slow download button if you have not registered:
slowdownload.jpg

and after that enter captcha and then download it :)

Reactions: imakul8

jonid14

Mar 3, 2011
thx but this is what i did - i try to download with IDM and without but it doesnt work :/

Last edited:

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
IZARC

I don't know why people are so caught up in 7-Zip, I found IZARC usable for everything I have ever done.

IZARC can "unzip" just about every file type out there - ISO, RAR, 7z, ZIP, etc.

IZARC.ORG

Reactions: kanttii

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
Thank you for doing this, now I will have some fun at work! Will go great with Miui's theme manager.

littlewierdo

Dec 10, 2010
Kanti, sent you a PM with some ringtones you are missing.

Im personally going to go thru your collection and strip out the dupes (no need to have both an mp3 and an ogg version - following Google's footsteps, all the mp3s will be converted to ogg for my personal collection).

This way I might be able to fit these into the partition where ringtones go...

kanttii

Jul 6, 2010
Helsinki
blissroms.com
Kanti, sent you a PM with some ringtones you are missing.

Im personally going to go thru your collection and strip out the dupes (no need to have both an mp3 and an ogg version - following Google's footsteps, all the mp3s will be converted to ogg for my personal collection).

This way I might be able to fit these into the partition where ringtones go...
Sounds good! Can you share the collection after it's ready, for example in a separate thread?

Reactions: imakul8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

REPOST

I've been collecting the audio files from different phones, ROMs (official & unofficial) and manufacturers for a few months. Now I think I have them all - but if you find more, please notify so I could add them to this package.

Instructions on how to install & use:
    1. Download & unarchive to your SDCARD's root folder (with newest 7-Zip)
    2. Make sure the folder path is /sdcard/media
    3. Now you should be able to use them with for example ringtone picker!
    4. Click thanks if you like this pack! :) Thanks for downloading!

DOWNLOAD: Mediafire: bit.ly/androidtones -- Dropbox (might not work): https://goo.gl/ynSYLH
    Download here if you want to support me (mediafire link)!

Update 13.11.2015: Repacked to a normal ZIP and uploaded to Mediafire. No new audio files (yet!).
    Update 11.8.2012: Added audio files from Boot to Gecko project. Also there WAS A BIG PROBLEM WITH SOME AUDIO FILES - they were corrypted because of my hard drive failure, but I found a backup and now they're working again. Please download again and delete the old files :)
    Update 30.1.2012: Added new audio files from many new ROMs for different devices: Runnymede, NotionInk Adam, Dell Streak 7, CM9, ICS MIUI, LG Optimus Black, Original Galaxy Tab, ICS Sense 3.6, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Acer Iconia Smart, Kindle Fire, Transformer Prime, Motorola Defy and some others I don't remember. Thanks to the uploaders of the ROMs and system dumps!
    Update 4.4.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to goo.gl/dB9a0 lufc and everyone who uploaded system dumps here!
    Update 5.2.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to bypass23 and cvitur1 for the system dump of Optimus 2X!
    Update 26.1.2011: For those who have incompatible unarchivers for LZMA2, download the package as ZIP HERE!
    Update 2.1.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to benjymous!
    Update 12.1.2010: Added new audio files, big thanks to lufc and j101399j!

Details:
    - 1518 files total, both mp3 and ogg
    - 153 alarm sounds
    - 1 alert sound
    - 1 boot sound
    - 25 camera sounds
    - 381 notification sounds
    - 826 ringtones
    - 112 ui sounds
    - 6 LG Electronics base sounds (?)
    - Optimus 2X power toggle sound
    - 5 indicator sounds (Verizon Extended Roaming Indicator)
    - 1 midi (DLS)
    - 5 testmode sounds
    - Files taken from device ROM's of nearly all manufacturers and the package also has CM and MIUI specific sounds

I usually change my notification sounds & ringtones weekly, so this collection is handy.

Have fun!
    here is another mirror (latest as of aug 28, 2012):
    http://truelinux.net/sch-i535/media.zip

should be pretty fast too, and not burn up kanttii's dropbox bandwidth :)

thanks for this kanttii!

kanttii, feel free to pm me if you need hosting, i'm sure i can hook you up somewhere
    Had to create a mega account to upload the file. It's from 06/09/2011 when I first downloaded the file.

https://mega.co.nz/#!hIk3lDSJ!ayKB1TjgCTw5u4oiyEtHtTw3TH5YmhdDPZlQ2oIbz4k
    Thnx for all the work. Croko keeps timing out on me. If you need these hosted I would be happy to oblige , if that is allowed. no charge no worry. As long as i can get a copy of them ;-)
    Sure! It's free to share and modify etc. since I only collected what others have made :)

Get it from my Dropbox (it will be there in 42 minutes, uploading now) :D
    invisiblek:

Thank you very much!

I have re-uploaded the downloaded file to MEGA below for sharing:

_https://mega.co.nz/#!z1IBnCbC!Y5vWpUOciW89q_lv1QrbEm6b3zIHxXldPV1dRc086hw_