Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,551 Members 37,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How usually do you change your ringtone or notification sounds?
Never 80 14.73%
Almost daily 34 6.26%
When I feel so 429 79.01%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

[AUDIO] Most of Android ringtones, notification & ui sounds and alarms UPDATED 8/2012

Tip us?

kanttii
Old
(Last edited by kanttii; 19th August 2012 at 10:48 AM.) Reason: New stuff, CORRUPTED AUDIO FIXED!
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322

DONATE TO ME
Audio [AUDIO] Most of Android ringtones, notification & ui sounds and alarms UPDATED 8/2012

REPOST

I've been collecting the audio files from different phones, ROMs (official & unofficial) and manufacturers for a few months. Now I think I have them all - but if you find more, please notify so I could add them to this package.

Instructions on how to install & use:
1. Download & unarchive to your SDCARD's root folder (with newest 7-Zip)
2. Make sure the folder path is /sdcard/media
3. Now you should be able to use them with for example ringtone picker!

DOWNLOAD: http://goo.gl/xVnvw
Download here if you want to support me!

Update 11.8.2012: Added audio files from Boot to Gecko project. Also there WAS A BIG PROBLEM WITH SOME AUDIO FILES - they were corrypted because of my hard drive failure, but I found a backup and now they're working again. Please download again and delete the old files
Update 30.1.2012: Added new audio files from many new ROMs for different devices: Runnymede, NotionInk Adam, Dell Streak 7, CM9, ICS MIUI, LG Optimus Black, Original Galaxy Tab, ICS Sense 3.6, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Acer Iconia Smart, Kindle Fire, Transformer Prime, Motorola Defy and some others I don't remember. Thanks to the uploaders of the ROMs and system dumps!
Update 4.4.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to goo.gl/dB9a0 lufc and everyone who uploaded system dumps here!
Update 5.2.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to bypass23 and cvitur1 for the system dump of Optimus 2X!
Update 26.1.2011: For those who have incompatible unarchivers for LZMA2, download the package as ZIP HERE!
Update 2.1.2011: Added new audio files, big thanks to benjymous!
Update 12.1.2010: Added new audio files, big thanks to lufc and j101399j!

Details:
- 1518 files total, both mp3 and ogg
- 153 alarm sounds
- 1 alert sound
- 1 boot sound
- 25 camera sounds
- 381 notification sounds
- 826 ringtones
- 112 ui sounds
- 6 LG Electronics base sounds (?)
- Optimus 2X power toggle sound
- 5 indicator sounds (Verizon Extended Roaming Indicator)
- 1 midi (DLS)
- 5 testmode sounds
- Files taken from device ROM's of nearly all manufacturers and the package also has CM and MIUI specific sounds

I usually change my notification sounds & ringtones weekly, so this collection is handy.

Have fun!
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to kanttii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PutterPlace
Old
(Last edited by PutterPlace; 13th January 2011 at 08:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks a ton for all these sounds. There was a problem extracting a lot of them though (642 files to be exact). WinRAR reports "Unknown method" and 7-Zip reports "Unsupported compression method".

Partial Exceprt from WinRAR Error Log:
Code:
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\2_Step.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\3d_Best_Music_Tone.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\3d_Bomb.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Cool_Effect.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Cute_R2d2.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Helicopter_V.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Mixx_Sms.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Sound.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Stereo.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_Windows_7.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\3d_X_Sms.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_1.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_2.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_3.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_4.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_Mix.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Alarm_pro.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\Alpha.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Alpha.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Ambience.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Aqua.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Army_Alarm.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Around.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\Ascend.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Auto_Alarm.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\ringtones\Beautiful_3d.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Beeps.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\notifications\Bell.mp3
!   C:\Users\Fatty\Desktop\Android\media.7z: Unknown method in media\audio\alarms\Bell.mp3
EDIT: Apparently, 642 files is not only the total number of files that had problems extracting, but it was the total number of files in the archive. What did you use to compress this archive?

EDIT #2: Forgive my ignorance. Apparently my copy of 7-Zip was a bit outdated (a little while before LZMA2 compression was supported). I updated 7-Zip and all is well now. Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to PutterPlace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanttii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322

DONATE TO ME
Nice! Was your version earlier than 9.18?

If anyone has more, please share!
The Following User Says Thank You to kanttii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puresnow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yea everything is broken for me too

kanttii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation For those who can not open :)

I repacked it as a zip, instead of 7z because your unarchivers do not yet support LZMA2 properly - download newest 7-Zip or another which supports it. First post updated, download it as zip from there. I'm uploading it right now so it wouldn't be accessible for 20 mins (you'll get a zero-byte file).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanttii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imitebewrong
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Thanks man, you're awesome for doing this!
The Following User Says Thank You to imitebewrong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanttii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322

DONATE TO ME
Thanks!

Updated! Optimus 2X audio files added! I especially like the notifications...

sublimaze
Old
Thanks Meter 570
thx for sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to sublimaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonid14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can you upload to another server (mediafire will be great)? i cant download from this one

thx

hoschi-air
Old
Thanks Meter 2
wow!

thx alot, just needed these!

The Following User Says Thank You to hoschi-air For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
audio, audio files, ringtones