FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[XAP - Source] Samsung Registry Editor

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
 
By martani, Member on 12th January 2011, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th January 2011, 12:10 AM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSokar

so what would the format i enter be to get the values i posted above?

What values in the registry you are trying to access/modify ?
The Following User Says Thank You to martani For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
16th January 2011, 12:23 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\In stall]
"MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff ; Allow max number of unsignd apps

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

I want to set the values to that. This way my phone can install unlimited apps and will not check if it should be allowed to.. I am a developer however have an 3 app limit and chevron still gets reverted after x amount of days. According to what i've read this should prevent the revert.
16th January 2011, 12:50 AM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSokar

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\In stall]
"MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff ; Allow max number of unsignd apps

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

I want to set the values to that. This way my phone can install unlimited apps and will not check if it should be allowed to.. I am a developer however have an 3 app limit and chevron still gets reverted after x amount of days. According to what i've read this should prevent the revert.

Ok, the COMRilClient.dll doesn't seem to change these values, but I just tried the functions in FCRouterProxy.dll and it worked perfectly.

Take a look at this thread, it shows how to use the FCRouterProxy.dll (which is the same method anyways) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914055
16th January 2011, 01:46 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm not exactly smart on coding... you wouldn't wanna get this started off would you? After all this is something that most samsung owners would want.
16th January 2011, 01:52 AM |#15  
dude6595's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 284
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSokar

I'm not exactly smart on coding... you wouldn't wanna get this started off would you? After all this is something that most samsung owners would want.

Lol I can't get it figured out either...i should have paid better attention when I was in school lol....glad someone asked though
16th January 2011, 01:52 AM |#16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSokar

I'm not exactly smart on coding... you wouldn't wanna get this started off would you? After all this is something that most samsung owners would want.

In the same thread actually, there is an app that uses that DLL to edit registry http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=19
The Following User Says Thank You to martani For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2011, 01:54 AM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'll have a look at it in the morning. Don't feel like getting off the laptop. I'll post if I get anywhere. Thanks for the link.
29th March 2011, 04:19 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Talking OMG Getting update on Rogers Samsung Focus
Changed the carrier ID to 000-88 (before I had it debranded blank). Took a few tries but it worked. That VPN to Hungary is hella slow but the update downloaded and I'm now in the backup phase. Will post again with final results.
29th March 2011, 06:44 AM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
has anyone had issues getting the samsung registry to run on 7008
31st March 2011, 06:06 AM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrizz

has anyone had issues getting the samsung registry to run on 7008

Wondering this myself. On my ATT Focus, once I got NoDo installed I started getting the following message when trying to run SamsungRegistry, "SamsungRegistry has been revoked by Microsoft. Please uninstall it."

Not a big deal, just wanted to switch my MobileOperator key back.
1st April 2011, 02:21 AM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I downloaded and installed the .xap in my phone after following some instruction on another blog i accidentally overwrote the value for the Path hkcu\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\url with "000-88" and after updating my phone to NoDo internet explorer and the calendar are broken

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes