Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP - Source] Samsung Registry Editor

Tip us?

martani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSokar View Post
so what would the format i enter be to get the values i posted above?
What values in the registry you are trying to access/modify ?
The Following User Says Thank You to martani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FireSokar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\In stall]
"MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff ; Allow max number of unsignd apps

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

I want to set the values to that. This way my phone can install unlimited apps and will not check if it should be allowed to.. I am a developer however have an 3 app limit and chevron still gets reverted after x amount of days. According to what i've read this should prevent the revert.

martani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\In stall]
"MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff ; Allow max number of unsignd apps

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

I want to set the values to that. This way my phone can install unlimited apps and will not check if it should be allowed to.. I am a developer however have an 3 app limit and chevron still gets reverted after x amount of days. According to what i've read this should prevent the revert.
Ok, the COMRilClient.dll doesn't seem to change these values, but I just tried the functions in FCRouterProxy.dll and it worked perfectly.

Take a look at this thread, it shows how to use the FCRouterProxy.dll (which is the same method anyways) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914055

FireSokar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm not exactly smart on coding... you wouldn't wanna get this started off would you? After all this is something that most samsung owners would want.

dude6595
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
I'm not exactly smart on coding... you wouldn't wanna get this started off would you? After all this is something that most samsung owners would want.
Lol I can't get it figured out either...i should have paid better attention when I was in school lol....glad someone asked though

martani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
In the same thread actually, there is an app that uses that DLL to edit registry http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=19
The Following User Says Thank You to martani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FireSokar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'll have a look at it in the morning. Don't feel like getting off the laptop. I'll post if I get anywhere. Thanks for the link.

OTD Razor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Talking OMG Getting update on Rogers Samsung Focus

Changed the carrier ID to 000-88 (before I had it debranded blank). Took a few tries but it worked. That VPN to Hungary is hella slow but the update downloaded and I'm now in the backup phase. Will post again with final results.

cgrizz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
has anyone had issues getting the samsung registry to run on 7008

wicud
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrizz View Post
has anyone had issues getting the samsung registry to run on 7008
Wondering this myself. On my ATT Focus, once I got NoDo installed I started getting the following message when trying to run SamsungRegistry, "SamsungRegistry has been revoked by Microsoft. Please uninstall it."

Not a big deal, just wanted to switch my MobileOperator key back.