Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

So when the flipside gets 2.2 OTA whenever it does..

OP kaijura

13th January 2011, 03:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,817

1,299 posts
Should I restore default apps (Like AT&T Navigator, AT&T Maps, etc) and unroot, or can we just apply OTA straight off without breaking anything?

Reason I'm wondering about this now is because I heard some of the other ATT phones are getting 2.2 released today (the 12th), some others in Canada are getting it as of last week already.
15th January 2011, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 418

1,619 posts
More
Motorola publishes their estimated upgrade dates here. The Flipside is not even listed as being in progress.

There is a stock rom available here that you can flash with RSD Lite to return your phone to stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02

Motorola publishes their estimated upgrade dates here. The Flipside is not even listed as being in progress.

Frustrating... I hope we start to get better support for Android phones on AT&T now that Verizon has the iPhone. I feel like Android on AT&T has been intentionally nerfed so as not to compete with iPhone very much.
13th February 2011, 05:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Glens Falls
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongo2k1

Frustrating... I hope we start to get better support for Android phones on AT&T now that Verizon has the iPhone. I feel like Android on AT&T has been intentionally nerfed so as not to compete with iPhone very much.

It's even more frustrating knowing that Motorola created a device with the hardware spec to support 2.2 things like flash 10.1... And then sold the devices on 2.1 without plans of any kind of OTA update to froyo.
9th September 2011, 09:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 10

164 posts
More
My wife's flipside got notification of update to 2.2.1 (iirc, 2.2 for sure), but she skipped it

At least I/we know an OTA to Froyo is now gonna happen.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread