Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So when the flipside gets 2.2 OTA whenever it does..

Tip us?

kaijura
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1814
Default So when the flipside gets 2.2 OTA whenever it does..

Should I restore default apps (Like AT&T Navigator, AT&T Maps, etc) and unroot, or can we just apply OTA straight off without breaking anything?

Reason I'm wondering about this now is because I heard some of the other ATT phones are getting 2.2 released today (the 12th), some others in Canada are getting it as of last week already.

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Motorola publishes their estimated upgrade dates here. The Flipside is not even listed as being in progress.

There is a stock rom available here that you can flash with RSD Lite to return your phone to stock.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

The Following User Says Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gongo2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
Motorola publishes their estimated upgrade dates here. The Flipside is not even listed as being in progress.
Frustrating... I hope we start to get better support for Android phones on AT&T now that Verizon has the iPhone. I feel like Android on AT&T has been intentionally nerfed so as not to compete with iPhone very much.

Millentree10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongo2k1 View Post
Frustrating... I hope we start to get better support for Android phones on AT&T now that Verizon has the iPhone. I feel like Android on AT&T has been intentionally nerfed so as not to compete with iPhone very much.
It's even more frustrating knowing that Motorola created a device with the hardware spec to support 2.2 things like flash 10.1... And then sold the devices on 2.1 without plans of any kind of OTA update to froyo.

cougar694u
Old
Thanks Meter 10
My wife's flipside got notification of update to 2.2.1 (iirc, 2.2 for sure), but she skipped it

At least I/we know an OTA to Froyo is now gonna happen.
~Luke
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - JRO03C 4.1.1: Rooted Busybox Deodexed & Odexed
MT4G White - Stock 2.3.4 - not sure what to do with it
MT3G v1.2 Black /w White Buttons - My Rooted OTA Froyo ROM

OLD: Vivid, MT4GS, HTC Sensation, MT3GS, N1

ThepHuck - Vmware carp...